Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

For anyone on the fence, I just got the all white (women's) 247 classics in and 1.5 up from my 997 size fits perfect.  I preferred the clean all white look of the women's version over the men's white with the black logo.  First time copping women's shoes, but the ladies 247 classic colorways are just too good.  The black and grey versions are clean too, but I needed a new all white sneaker with spring coming.

Last edited:

@moshepark  these Tyrian joints come with white laces? 
nerd.gif
The extra laces look white at first glance, but when you look at them closer they're more like a super light, silver-grey color. I'll post pics up whenever I get a chance- I had a chance to see the shoes in person laced up with both the light grey and the purple and they both look dope!

I must have narrow feet or something, I picked up those 577 English Tender Pack (577etb) in my TTS (UK 9) and I'm not liking the heel slippage. Half size down would be too small though for sure. It must be the silhouette - the lacing doesn't go as far up the shoe as it does on a 996 (due to the small toe box?) so my foot comes out a bit even with lock/marathon lacing.

Would be nice to have some kind of list describing each NB shape so I know which ones are likely to fit me better as I'm a newbie to NB.

Not sure what to do with these 577 now that it'd cost me £15 to send them back :/

I must have narrow feet or something, I picked up those 577 English Tender Pack (577etb) in my TTS (UK 9) and I'm not liking the heel slippage. Half size down would be too small though for sure. It must be the silhouette - the lacing doesn't go as far up the shoe as it does on a 996 (due to the small toe box?) so my foot comes out a bit even with lock/marathon lacing.

Would be nice to have some kind of list describing each NB shape so I know which ones are likely to fit me better as I'm a newbie to NB.

Not sure what to do with these 577 now that it'd cost me £15 to send them back :/
IMO it's the tongue! IT is short and not fat like other shoes...so you are not held tight in your tts. Sour times bro...dope pack. I love the concetp, design, materials, the entire thing. When they go on super clearance I'm gonna double up on all of them. Aleay on my second pair of Orange :smile:

Blurry picture of window display at Concepts Cambridge.

Normal box, standard special packaging, wooden box. The wooden box is super cool and very nice but pretty much useless (box is pretty narrow). Very cool display piece nonetheless.

@VidiViciUn  - hope this shot helps you see what I was talking about with laces. Put them up against the white midsole.

Shoes are beautiful. Still not sure which laces I'll keep on for the first wears. People are sleeping on these joints for sure. Shape is fantastic.

As an FYI, I took the Concepts branded lace locks out because I prefer the clean look and think the shoes speak for themselves but they come with the lace locks on them.

Last edited:
@moshepark  Yessir! I knew what you were saying from you earlier post, when you said it was light grey laces bruh bruh, but thanks for taking the time to break it down for the rest of the fam. Looking forward to getting these in hand next week. Repped! 
nthat.gif
 ​

Last edited:

@moshepark  Yessir! I knew what you were saying from you earlier post, when you said it was light grey laces bruh bruh, but thanks for taking the time to break it down for the rest of the fam. Looking forward to getting these in hand next week. Repped! 
nthat.gif
 ​
Gotta throw on a Prince shirt to complete the fit mane. 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Rambo831  ​

Gotta throw on a Prince shirt to complete the fit mane. 
smokin.gif
 ​
Might have to grab that "Purple Rain" steeze. I'm probably just going to rock it with a Augustus (Gaius Octavius) t-shirt.​
 ​
Originally Posted by Remy  

Hopefully they don't get many orders and can ship my pair asap 
nthat.gif
Just got shipping confirmation 
nthat.gif

Blurry picture of window display at Concepts Cambridge.

Normal box, standard special packaging, wooden box. The wooden box is super cool and very nice but pretty much useless (box is pretty narrow). Very cool display piece nonetheless.

@VidiViciUn  - hope this shot helps you see what I was talking about with laces. Put them up against the white midsole.

Shoes are beautiful. Still not sure which laces I'll keep on for the first wears. People are sleeping on these joints for sure. Shape is fantastic.

As an FYI, I took the Concepts branded lace locks out because I prefer the clean look and think the shoes speak for themselves but they come with the lace locks on them.
Nice!  I like the look of the lighter laces in them. Thanks for the pics.

i wanted to add onto the comment made about the women's 247 made above

i tried them on and i'm probably getting a pair..they are a tad narrower than the men's and the drop is higher/ more dramatic...i agree with the previous suggestion of getting a women's 247 one and a half sizes up, but me personally...im going to swap the insole for something more flat because the women's insole is too steep of a drop for my foot.

as for the Tyrian shoe..the grey laces match the outsole, but i'm not feeling em..i think a white lace to match the midsole might work well...not sure yet

Last edited:
And now my size is sold out on concepts. I know I'm eventually gonna regret passing on these.

And superb shots and write-up @moshepark! definitely didn't make passing any easier

Last edited:
[table][tr][td]8.5[/td][td]34389613390[/td][td]44[/td][/tr][tr][td]9[/td][td]34389613326[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]9.5[/td][td]34389613838[/td][td]78[/td][/tr][tr][td]10[/td][td]34389613774[/td][td]86[/td][/tr][tr][td]10.5[/td][td]34389613710[/td][td]67[/td][/tr][tr][td]11[/td][td]34389613646[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
these gonna restock or na

what are those numbers?
I'm guessing those are the online in-stock numbers for the Concepts 990V2 that came out today.

When I went in store today there was no one in line so I figured no one was interested. The more I think about it, though, I think that had more to do with the fact that they released it on a Friday morning instead of the usual Saturday morning release day. I'm sure they pushed way more units.

With that said, I doubt they sold out in store and it will probably take a while for them to. Wouldn't be surprised one bit if they threw up remaining stock eventually online so for those of you with smaller-sized feet who were wondering, I'm sure there will be plenty of chances down the line to snag your size (I'm looking at you @mykoh!).

I'm guessing those are the online in-stock numbers for the Concepts 990V2 that came out today.

When I went in store today there was no one in line so I figured no one was interested. The more I think about it, though, I think that had more to do with the fact that they released it on a Friday morning instead of the usual Saturday morning release day. I'm sure they pushed way more units.

With that said, I doubt they sold out in store and it will probably take a while for them to. Wouldn't be surprised one bit if they threw up remaining stock eventually online so for those of you with smaller-sized feet who were wondering, I'm sure there will be plenty of chances down the line to snag your size (I'm looking at you @mykoh
!).

Good to hear! I'm regretting not doubling up on these

Back
Top Bottom