Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

This is generally true everywhere except the Philadelphia/DMV area. Philly, D.C., Maryland, Virginia... the 990 is embedded into the culture and it's pretty awesome. @newbalance365
 contributed to a great article on Sneaker Freaker mag talking about the phenomenon:

https://www.sneakerfreaker.com/articles/dmv-philly-exploring-new-balance-990-obsession/

For those of you haven't read it yet, highly recommend it. One of the best write-ups on the 990 I've ever read. 

For me this article is just further proof that it's not what you rock, it's how you rock it. 

Alot of dads do wear it in that area, they just adapted the dad shoe into street culture and it deff takes a particular person to pull it off but majority of people who wear 990s do it for the comfort and not style.

Last edited:
Hey guys, scoped out a local marshalls shoe store(westport CT) and found 1400CSP(grey navy shown on the thread earlier) 996DPLS and 998CHI for 49.99

scooped the 998's because the 1400/996 were all smaller sizes.

age of exploration pack is hitting discount hard hopefully I find a 1400 somewhere.

Might pull the trigger

Hey guys, scoped out a local marshalls shoe store(westport CT) and found 1400CSP(grey navy shown on the thread earlier) 996DPLS and 998CHI for 49.99

scooped the 998's because the 1400/996 were all smaller sizes.

age of exploration pack is hitting discount hard hopefully I find a 1400 somewhere.

Any 998 10.5 at Marshalls? I am local to westport as well.

Also thanks to whoever recommend the angelus seude eraser, worked perfectly on my NB Independence days

Last edited:
Might have to drop by Marshall's when I'll be in Westport on Wednesday. Must resist, that's not gonna help me downsize my collection...

i think everything was 8 or 9 in the 998. i snatched the 1 sz 13

sz 11 in the 1400 with a few sz 8/9 small sizes for the 996

I went to Nordstrom rack and marshalls today, nothing.

I swear miusa new balance shoes seem to be forbidden in my city. Thank god for interwebs.

Last edited:
so quick on the info @tyrhung

probably something with the 247 or 1978?

My guess too. NB seems to be pushing out collab for these 2 new models.

To date 247 with 3 collabs with Mita rat, titolo and beauty & youth.
1978 with only 1 collab which is rather recent.

My guess too. NB seems to be pushing out collab for these 2 new models.

To date 247 with 3 collabs with Mita rat, titolo and beauty & youth.
1978 with only 1 collab which is rather recent.

Who's selling those B&Y 247's?

Hoping for an RF 247 or the fresh foam Trailbuster. The concepts Fresh Foam Trailbuster has been a huge surprise for me and I would love to see more collabs on that silhouette. 

Speaking of trailbuster, packer has these up and they look comfy as hell. Can anyone give me some insight as to comfort/ sizing? Much appreciated

Speaking of trailbuster, packer has these up and they look comfy as hell. Can anyone give me some insight as to comfort/ sizing? Much appreciated
That's the fresh foam trailbuster. They're super comfortable. Very light and airy and the fresh foam is soft and cushy. 

I went with my normal NB 997/998 size and they fit perfect. If you have wide feet, it is recommended to go up half size since they are kind of narrow. 

Last edited:
That's the fresh foam trailbuster. They're super comfortable. Very light and airy and the fresh foam is soft and cushy. 

I went with my normal NB 997/998 size and they fit perfect. If you have wide feet, it is recommended to go up half size since they are kind of narrow. 

Thanks, brotha! Probably copping I really dig these.

Back
Top Bottom