Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

8DD7C208-2D65-413B-8623-27DCE40FD4DE.jpeg

Does your denim bleed on them at all?

Sometimes, but not this pair of jeans because I already washed them once. So for the Butterscotch I'll stick to a washed pair, but most other shoes I can use my other two pairs, which haven't been washed yet (and which I prefer). I only have 2 pairs of lighter colored kicks that I can bleed on so it's usually never a thought.

For reference, All naked&famous weird guy (11oz and 13oz), custom tapered to 14" leg opening and 15.5" at 18" up the leg.

Sometimes, but not this pair of jeans because I already washed them once. So for the Butterscotch I'll stick to a washed pair, but most other shoes I can use my other two pairs, which haven't been washed yet (and which I prefer). I only have 2 pairs of lighter colored kicks that I can bleed on so it's usually never a thought.

For reference, All naked&famous weird guy (11oz and 13oz), custom tapered to 14" leg opening and 15.5" at 18" up the leg.

how much do you end up paying to get them tapered, do you just walk into your tailor and say taper these? I've always wanted to get a pair done but always reneg and just wear levi's or american eagle demin.

Gotta go to a Tailor with skills. Also gotta tell them to taper from the inside. Usually a pricey job. I try to almost never alter jeans.

how much do you end up paying to get them tapered, do you just walk into your tailor and say taper these? I've always wanted to get a pair done but always reneg and just wear levi's or american eagle demin.

To me, it really depends on if it is selvedge or not. It's harder to taper a selvedge denim and keep the selvedge. So if you're jeans aren't selvedge or you don't plan to cuff them, I am sure any tailor can do it, but keeping the selvedge takes some skill.

In LA, there is a guy name Dr. Blue Jeanns who does an amazing job tapering selvedge. Costs $35 for tapering and hemming. But I can get N&F for <$100 from sales so it works out to like $135 for a perfect fitting pair of jeans.

I've been doing this for like 4 years now with the same style of N&F jeans. So find your perfect fit in the waist then customize the leg. I foound the APC Petit Standard to have the perfect leg so I copied those measurements to taper the N&F. I'm at the point where I just drop off jeans with measurements and I never have to try anything on. It's always perfect now.

Agree that finding right fit in waist and thighs is key. Bottom taper and hem costs $20 in Berkeley. Just gotta find someone you trust tho.

Gotta go to a Tailor with skills. Also gotta tell them to taper from the inside. Usually a pricey job. I try to almost never alter jeans.

If these levi 512's came in consistent waist sizing I probably wouldn't need to even alter. I have two pairs that fit completely different right now :frown:

If these levi 512's came in consistent waist sizing I probably wouldn't need to even alter. I have two pairs that fit completely different right now :frown::
haha it’s like that with everything. I️ have 2 pairs of 512 that fit pretty good

Back
Top Bottom