Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I agree that the Red Toe Box makes the shoe. If it were Mustard, they’d look like most of my many Wheat colored shoes LOL. I wished they just made the tongue Mustard though... AND changed the liner to that White/Red picnic checkered print! Now, that would’ve been PERFECT.

Nonetheless, overall, the concept and execution of the cw was pretty much on point, IMO!

juanvaldez juanvaldez

What size did you end up ordering in the 990DM4? I am seeing reviews from people getting their “true” size and some even going 1/2 up.

I had the chance to try on some mesh ones in a half size up and it wasn’t bad. Felt a bit big, but not terrible. I think I was just in my own head about thinking of ordering half up for them.

Couple questions about the 574. Is the nb1 option miUSA? Is a miUS 574 somewhat of a rare release from NB? Pretty certain the recent rash of 574 releases have been miASIA...?

new-balance-1500-coastal-cuisine-pack-brown-1.jpg

new-balance-1500-coastal-cuisine-pack-brown-2.jpg

new-balance-1500-coastal-cuisine-pack-brown-3.jpg

new-balance-1500-coastal-cuisine-pack-orange-2.jpg

new-balance-1500-coastal-cuisine-pack-orange-3.jpg

new-balance-1500-coastal-cuisine-pack-orange-1.jpg

New Balance 1500 “Coastal Cuisine” Pack
https://sneakernews.com/2018/07/30/new-balance-1500-coastal-cuisine-pack-release-date-photos/amp/

Couple questions about the 574. Is the nb1 option miUSA? Is a miUS 574 somewhat of a rare release from NB? Pretty certain the recent rash of 574 releases have been miASIA...?

I’m by no means an expert, but yes, the NB1 574s are miUSA. They release GR miUSA pairs, like the Tall Tales Pack. I’m not sure how “rare” releases like that are. Some of the 574 collabs are miUSA as well

Yes, NB1 574 are US-made. Fit on them is typically larger than the Asian made 574 I’ve tried...having gone down half size from my typical NB size. For instance, I would get a 12 in Asian 574s but an 11 in US made (your experience may be different), but I wear 11.5 in all other NB. Shape and materials is also better on them than MiAsia pairs.

I don’t think they make many US made 574 because of pricepoint. The avg consumer doesn’t want to pay $150 for a US 574 when they can get one made overseas for $80.

Mane fr fr... I'm only grabbing both of the current FSR J. Crew's on discount... I'm all about NB1's #BeTheMaker :pimp:

Same. For the retail price, I’d much rather order an NB1. However, for the $110 shipped price and eBay bucks to spare, it was a no brainer for me.

A different subject... are the “Grand Tourers” worth > $300? I LOVE the cw, but I think that’s too much... maybe $250 is the most I’d want to spend.

Same. For the retail price, I’d much rather order an NB1. However, for the $110 shipped price and eBay bucks to spare, it was a no brainer for me.

A different subject... are the “Grand Tourers” worth > $300? I LOVE the cw, but I think that’s too much... maybe $250 is the most I’d want to spend.
IMO, no way. I sold my pair after a couple of months. The shape was awful and I remember a lot of people having dented toe boxes. I wouldn't pay more than retail for them.

Yes, NB1 574 are US-made. Fit on them is typically larger than the Asian made 574 I’ve tried...having gone down half size from my typical NB size. For instance, I would get a 12 in Asian 574s but an 11 in US made (your experience may be different), but I wear 11.5 in all other NB. Shape and materials is also better on them than MiAsia pairs.

I don’t think they make many US made 574 because of pricepoint. The avg consumer doesn’t want to pay $150 for a US 574 when they can get one made overseas for $80.
I just bought my first pair of MiUS 574. What a difference between it and Asian made 574’s. Shape and materials are tons better. Not to mention the wider, bigger sizing works much better for my foot. Personally, I wouldn’t touch an Asian made 574 after trying the USmade. Even with the 2/1 price point. The differences are significant imo

Back
Top Bottom