Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Yeah I’ll pay retail for those GT’s. Don’t want to miss out. If anyone sees them drop anywhere else, please post the link in here.

What do you guys think is a good price for deadstock 998 Cnote? I have bought a pair of NB since 577 GWO 4 years ago.

yea man it sucks. I recently ruined my hanon gl3. Got some pizza oil on the toe box and can’t figure out a way to remove it. I try not to even wear suede or nubuck too much anymore.
I have to say I was convinced with all those little promotion videos of sneakers cleaning. Once I tried two to three brands, none of them ain't that useful for heavy duty. Only for small dirts

What do you guys think is a good price for deadstock 998 Cnote? I have bought a pair of NB since 577 GWO 4 years ago.
I am still chasing for a pair (US8.5 or US9). I saw some DS or VNDS pairs sold at around 220 to 250usd lately. People still asking for 300 though

Heavily considering one of these 998 NB1s...

Boba
BC91BE09-BEB7-4176-86D5-84E963FC0160.jpeg

555F0C82-A1FA-454E-ACAC-68656C567366.jpeg

I’ve got more than two months to decide lol

Last edited:
20181006_112122.jpg
20181006_112126.jpg

This tragic story begins with a cleaning using Jason Markk of a dirty salmon sole. These marks appear all over the nubuck. I tried sneakersER cleaning solution then but no luck. Anyone have an idea how I can save this pair? Dyeing the nubuck an option? Although I have not yet found a suede dye that matches its original color

The spots come from uneven drying. The only way I know of fixing it are to dampen the suede and let it dry at the same rate. But try at your own risk, as dyed suede will most likely darken/bleed with water.

The step where they take the brush and press it into the towel to get the most water off is key. You want to use as little water as possible, just enough to get a little foam. Then the next crucial step is to wipe the shoes down as quickly as possible with a dry towel with the twist technique.

After that getting the nap back will be the hard part. You can get it looking good but rarely back to the original softness and texture.

You could also find a local shoe repair shop, they should have the necessary tools to clean suede. Good luck!

I own a pair of 997s, 998s, and 1500s because I love the look and quality of them. I want to buy another model of the 990s-999s but not sure which one to get. Out off all the 990 series which one is the comfortablest out of all of them?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom