Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

ALD is by far my favorite label and own a ton of their stuff. Their quality far exceeds kith imo. However they still are a streetwear brand. Their sweatshirts are a true to size perfect fit imo. But I will say their tees run big in the Body area; sleeves aren’t baggy or too long, but sometimes I wish they were slimmer and not as long in the body area. I’m typically a large in everything Aimé but shorts I go XL. Their shorts definitely fit slimmer in comparison to their other clothing. I’m also a weight lifter so for some, true to size might be ok.

With all that said, not sure if the NB collab apparel will mimic ALD but I’d bet it does. The look book does seem it will be in line with usual ALD sizing.

Just my .02 for y’all

I’ll preface this by saying to each their own:
What does ‘quality’ mean to you? This isn’t directed at doug3fresh doug3fresh , only because he mentioned quality do I raise this question to my fellow NT’ers. I’ll just focus on ALS S/S clothes for example... hoodies $195, this ‘carpet neck crew’ is $330... it’s a cotton sweatshirt. So is it the brand/ price alone that makes the garment quality/ justifies the price to the consumer? Or is it the fit/ design? Or simply the fact that it’s limited?

For me personally, I can sometimes justify a purchase like that if the design is unique enough that I know I can’t get anything like it elsewhere. But to say that nylon swim trunks or cotton sweatshirts are ‘quality’ is a bit of a stretch. I’ll be quiet now lol.

giphy.gif

I’ll preface this by saying to each their own:
What does ‘quality’ mean to you? This isn’t directed at doug3fresh doug3fresh , only because he mentioned quality do I raise this question to my fellow NT’ers. I’ll just focus on ALS S/S clothes for example... hoodies $195, this ‘carpet neck crew’ is $330... it’s a cotton sweatshirt. So is it the brand/ price alone that makes the garment quality/ justifies the price to the consumer? Or is it the fit/ design? Or simply the fact that it’s limited?

For me personally, I can sometimes justify a purchase like that if the design is unique enough that I know I can’t get anything like it elsewhere. But to say that nylon swim trunks or cotton sweatshirts are ‘quality’ is a bit of a stretch. I’ll be quiet now lol.

I’d rather make my own shirt not paying 3 plus cuz of a label but at the same time don’t knock nobody that do ya know

Oh I never said it isn’t overpriced. Almost everything I’ve got from them was at 40% off. And when I say quality, I’m the type of person that pays attention to the materials used, stitching methods, pre shrinking etc. I promise you Aime is quality stuff. But by no means will I ever say it warrants their pricing.

Also,
Yea I own a pair of their swim shorts, nothing special my favorite brand material wise for swim trunks is retromarine. Aime isn’t cheap but also nothing special in regards to their swim trunks.
To give you an idea of what I mean by quality materials, some of their past shorts that used peach skin or the like type materials are pretty nice, I urge people to try it out.

But again. Aime is my favorite label, who’s also WAY over priced

May be in for a pie. Who here is a size 8? Let’s split the pack lol

I don’t own any ALD / kith (I’m only grouping them together because there’s obviously a bromance between the two) but I’ve heard kith sizing runs wildly big. It seems ALD is more traditional with fits so hopefully we’ll have time to view the item/ check sizing charts etc. before purchasing impulsively like you’d have to do on a limited release.
Last item I bought from kith was a camo soccer jersey in a large and the **** was nearly a belly shirt it's so short. Really hope ALD is not the same. Gonna be all ****ed up otherwise.

ALD is by far my favorite label and own a ton of their stuff. Their quality far exceeds kith imo. However they still are a streetwear brand. Their sweatshirts are a true to size perfect fit imo. But I will say their tees run big in the Body area; sleeves aren’t baggy or too long, but sometimes I wish they were slimmer and not as long in the body area. I’m typically a large in everything Aimé but shorts I go XL. Their shorts definitely fit slimmer in comparison to their other clothing. I’m also a weight lifter so for some, true to size might be ok.

With all that said, not sure if the NB collab apparel will mimic ALD but I’d bet it does. The look book does seem it will be in line with usual ALD sizing.

Just my .02 for y’all
This guy with the good info :nthat:

Out of my NT retirement for the ALD’s tomorrow? Anyone hitting the flagship? Trying to gauge what time to get there. Also not grabbing the full pack — if anyone needs a pair HMU.

I have a few pieces of ALD; 3 shirts and a pair of jeans. I would not pay retail for it. It's nice quality, but at retail you are definitely paying for the name and the aesthetic of the overall brand/idea. Their shirts fit pretty long as someone else said, but otherwise its everything has a regular to slim fit to it. Hoping NB didn't let him slap big price tags on stuff, but not getting my hopes up.

20190408_022552.jpg

Entered the in store raffle with my girl. She tells me she didnt get any W email and neither did I on late Friday. Yesterday she tells me she's going to go pick up breakfast and came home with these. Turns out she got the W email on Saturday morning but since I got her mad that morning she decided let me suffer for a day. But she got them nonetheless and paid for them.

Just-When-I-Think-You-Couldnt-Possibly-Be-Any-Dumber-You-Go-and-Do-Something-Like-This..-and-Totally-Redeem-Yourself-In-Dumb-and-Dumber.gif

Sole separation for my beloved nonnative 1700. 1700 is one of my favourite model but the sole is the weakest among all nb models I have.

Sole swap in my place costs nearly 100usd per pair (excluding the donor, just the job). I am thinking to try it myself, with a more durable donor like the sole of a v3. The only glue I am aware is sneakersER. Any other suggestion?

Attachments

• 20190412_135813.jpg
    20190412_135813.jpg
    349.4 KB · Views: 29
Aimé’s are cool, but they’re so basic I rather just make some NB1’s lol. The mismatching was the appeal to me, because that’s something you can’t really do. Subtle yet different. Good luck to those that try for them tho.

Back
Top Bottom