Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Anyone here grab the jcrew 999 Night Sky? Looking for some more in hands pics.

JCrew-NewBalance-NightSky_03.gif

Took them a month to make the oversold pairs from the first drop... They could have done a pre-order for a new colorway of OMN1s today with a month timeline until they ship.... It's a huge missed opportunity... I get that not every company can be nimble but when huge opportunities like this come up (and honestly the stars couldn't have aligned any better for NB with Kawhi) you need to capitalize on it any way possible... This pack and a couple t-shirts are not enough... By the Fall when Kawhi is potentially on a new team people will have moved on....

Ever since the Bodega release NB has cut back on production significantly. They are using Kawhi to build hype and create an aftermarket. They are hoping it will payoff for hype in the long run but this stint won’t last and NB will back to being an easy cop.

Anyone here grab the jcrew 999 Night Sky? Looking for some more in hands pics.

JCrew-NewBalance-NightSky_03.gif

Not a lot of contrast between colors so they aren't the most interesting color way out there. Have not seen the glow in the dark so can't comment. Also, these don't work with any of the coupon codes because price doesn't end in .99.

Edit. I was wrong, the code does work. But I think they will get up to 60% off soon based on what they have done in the past.

Wow. Just got a UPS notification that one of the V5 NB1's I ordered on Fathers Day is going to be delivered to my house (in New Orleans)... tomorrow???

Can't say I expected them for at least another week.

Wow. Just got a UPS notification that one of the V5 NB1's I ordered on Fathers Day is going to be delivered to my house (in New Orleans)... tomorrow???

Damn NB1 with the stupid fast shipping!

post pics once you get them!

That’s gonna be a no from me dog.....

On the topic of the Raptor NB1, I get why they made a runner, but was it not at all possible to have a least a pair they thought would be a solid color way to roll out and then just open up a presale for x amount of hours and then just make however many pairs that were ordered? I’m not sure how it all works, I guess.

Last edited:
Not too big a fan of that 990 cw either.
On the topic of the Raptor NB1, I get why they made a runner, but was it not at all possible to have a least a pair they thought would be a solid color way to roll out and then just open up a presale for x amount of hours and then just make however many pairs that were ordered? I’m not sure how it all works, I guess.

*Prefacing that this is all conjecture on my part.

Rolling with the notion that this is simply an NB1 without the ability to modify it - Isn’t more a matter of the allocation of material for the pack? Being that a predetermined amount of the material for the panels is set aside (like the shade purple we can’t use, I don’t think), and once it hits their designated threshold, the pre-order gates are closed?

It’s just that what we’re witnessing is the accelerated pace at which that allocation gets exhausted due to... ‘factors’?

Just like when a color on the NB1 wheel eventually goes away.

In for these if I end up liking my V5's in-hand.
Enter: Size? Previews’ crappy app. (Don’t know if you’ve had experience with it)

Not too big a fan of that 990 cw either.

*Prefacing that this is all conjecture on my part.

Rolling with the notion that this is simply an NB1 without the ability to modify it - Isn’t more a matter of the allocation of material for the pack? Being that a predetermined amount of the material for the panels is set aside (like the shade purple we can’t use, I don’t think), and once it hits their designated threshold, the pre-order gates are closed?

It’s just that what we’re witnessing is the accelerated pace at which that allocation gets exhausted due to... ‘factors’?

Just like when a color on the NB1 wheel eventually goes away.

Enter: Size? Previews’ crappy app. (Don’t know if you’ve had experience with it)

I should have edited my post, I guess. I just re-read it. I meant about why they didn’t release OMN1S basketball shoes and do a preorder or whatever.

Should’ve just had them MiUSA and all this could have been avoided lol

I should have edited my post, I guess. I just re-read it. I meant about why they didn’t release OMN1S basketball shoes and do a preorder or whatever.

Should’ve just had them MiUSA and all this could have been avoided lol
No worries. I think @moshepark touched on that a few posts back. Willing to bet we’d be in a similar/same situation if the Omn1 were made here.

I don’t know if I somehow missed this earlier but it looks like the Night Sky’s were added to the extra 40% off promo on JCrew (code: BIG)... if you stack 15% email coupon on top they come out to $67.83 plus tax... I know it’s not the $62.99 deal for butterscotch’s but it’s close...

https://www.jcrew.com/p/mens_category/brandswelove/shoes/new-balance-x-jcrew-999-night-sky-sneakers/J8492?mode=edit&color_name=BLUE BLACK&N=12 MEDIUM&NUM_ITEMS=1&cartIndex=0
jaynev jaynev

I don’t know if I somehow missed this earlier but it looks like the Night Sky’s were added to the extra 40% off promo on JCrew (code: BIG)... if you stack 15% email coupon on top they come out to $67.83 plus tax... I know it’s not the $62.99 deal for butterscotch’s but it’s close...

https://www.jcrew.com/p/mens_category/brandswelove/shoes/new-balance-x-jcrew-999-night-sky-sneakers/J8492?mode=edit&color_name=BLUE BLACK&N=12 MEDIUM&NUM_ITEMS=1&cartIndex=0

Good deal. I believe this deal was available yesterday too. I would've jumped if they had my size. I like this colorway even if it is a little dark/muted. I think the glow-in-the-dark is a nice touch.

So as far as comfort goes, what would be y’all rank of the models?

I like a ton of color ways/models aesthetically but tbh I prefer choosing a select couple of models that would be most comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom