Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

EF0FD0A5-41DC-44A5-BE61-E308E7996713.jpeg
Not a fan of 577 or pink. But I appreciate the details: Matching blues on heel notch and tongue interior. N stitching looks incredible. Vintage yellow midsole. And gum soles. Color blocking’s clean. Looks great irl. Overall, dope execution.

Thinking about pulling the trigger on SNS. Don’t know how the limited NB trend, is there ever a big price drop or is the $250 range about as low as they’ll go?

My 998s are a little bigger, but I get the same size for both. Leather liners make a difference, too.

Last edited:
Really into the high snobiety's but I already have two pairs of pink sneakers so that'll have to do.

Marshall’s gang is finding some good stuff. I stopped by my local store yesterday. This was the same store I’ve had success at in the past...it’s where I’ve found the Norse Projects 770, 574BOX, a couple of 1300s, and a pair of 996s (this was all over the course of a year or two). Yesterday, unsurprisingly, the pickings were slim. Only two US-made models: a couple of 997Rs, M997DC2 and M997HC2. I kinda liked the latter (pic below). This was a Woolrich version with a wool sock liner-type thing. Nice blue/green colorway. But they didn’t have it in my size.

However, they did have the M997DC2 in my size, and I quickly realized this is where bargain-hunting at Marshall’s can get dangerous. Because I am weak. This is a model I had zero interest in before yesterday - I didn’t even know it existed. It looks decent (imo), unusual shade of burgundy and a nice pop of aqua on the heel. Still, I never would’ve actively looked for that shoe, nor, honestly, any other 997R. Yet, here it sat on Marshall’s shelves, at $50, and in my size. So I bought it, rationalizing it by noting that I don’t own a single 997R. Figured I’d try it, for science.

This is exactly the same way I ended up with a 1978 that I never wear. If I’m going to start regularly trolling Marshall’s for deals again, I need to self-impose some rules, or I’m going to end up with a closet full of shoes that I only kinda like.

Attachments

• 824F592F-E508-469D-9E34-5D8113B29756.jpeg
    824F592F-E508-469D-9E34-5D8113B29756.jpeg
    319.7 KB · Views: 57
If anyone finds the Joey chestnuts/hot dog collab with JCrew at their Marshalls in a size 13 please grab for me

Back
Top Bottom