Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

0C1429EF-70E0-4FA5-8346-AAC7CDA1B1B6.jpeg

2AA90C19-3278-44FB-B1EE-EB29E79FAB40.jpeg

48B97497-337B-402E-831F-A9BDA095A0C8.jpeg

From what I’ve seen and heard the Red Wings are super limited... Only 5-6 retailers in the US got them and a handful overseas... Those that got them only got a couple of size runs... I was hoping they hit discount so I passed up on them on Notre only to cop for $20 more later on that day as most places which have posted them have sold out immediately especially in larger sizes...

Mine fit the same as all my other NB’s (1500, 1300, 998, 997, 577).

Not for me. im 10.5 in NB (998,997,1500) got both the ML1530V1 and M1530X, they are both too small, esp the sample lab pair. removing insoles gives some relief but not quite enough to be comfortable.

Can someone ( juanvaldez juanvaldez ) explain the appeal of the redwing 997?

I think folks have mostly gone over the main reasons -- high quality, looked great. I doubled up because I wanted a backup for long-term. Why did I triple up? Being honest, because I got the feeling these would be quite limited and that I might be able to recoup some of it on a resell in the next couple months as more folks see em in the wild or social media in the fall. Also, I ended up getting 10.5, 11, and 11.5, as the fit can be variable on collabs. Can let go of whichever one fits me the worst.

I think folks have mostly gone over the main reasons -- high quality, looked great. I doubled up because I wanted a backup for long-term. Why did I triple up? Being honest, because I got the feeling these would be quite limited and that I might be able to recoup some of it on a resell in the next couple months as more folks see em in the wild or social media in the fall. Also, I ended up getting 10.5, 11, and 11.5, as the fit can be variable on collabs. Can let go of whichever one fits me the worst.

Let me hold dem 10.5 :nthat:

Not for me. im 10.5 in NB (998,997,1500) got both the ML1530V1 and M1530X, they are both too small, esp the sample lab pair. removing insoles gives some relief but not quite enough to be comfortable.
Everyone’s feet are different ultimately. However if your 1530X’s are the Milk Crate ones and they don’t fit I will definitely take them off your hands for you.8)

Got mine from Todd Snyder (I live in NY) yesterday. Here’s one from IG someone posted that’s true:

own mocs for 2 decades. used them to remove large trees, set up drip systems under sidewalks. still looks new.
would be clean if nb used more smooth leather (nubuc) like my boots...at least on the saddle.

own mocs for 2 decades. used them to remove large trees, set up drip systems under sidewalks. still looks new.
would be clean if nb used more smooth leather (nubuc) like my boots...at least on the saddle.

I do wish they would have used smooth leather. Another thing that kinda makes me wonder is, does NB not have any other models to do this stuff on, or is the 997/998 the only model/silhouette they think will move units?

Really nice. Always wondered what this colorway looked like, have been close to pulling. Were you the one who asked for some in hand pics in the past couple days?
Yeah that was me, I searched the thread and couldn't find anyone talking about em except one person asking about these vs the other purple 990s. Super pleased in hand, I'll post on foot outdoors some time within the next week. Plus for $90 off amazon it would've been an easy return.

can anyone help me legit check this?
i recently got these off ebay, with no information about them whatsoever.. (i couldn't find anything online about these but still pulled the trigger for the colorway)
when they finally arrived, it just looked off to me.
this is my first purchase of nb577, and i didn't even realize it was a 5E (super wide)
i tried them on and i'm basically swimming in them.
i wish i could return them back to the seller, but he doesn't accept returns.

i appreciate any information on these.
IMG_8001.jpg IMG_8002.jpg IMG_8003.jpg IMG_8004.jpg IMG_8005.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8007.jpg
    IMG_8007.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 41
i recently got these off ebay, with no information about them whatsoever.. (i couldn't find anything online about these but still pulled the trigger for the colorway)
this is my first purchase of nb577, and i didn't even realize it was a 5E (super wide)

I dont own a pair of 577's, but I don't think no bloke would make such an bloated undimensional 577 like that... Dem joints is from China :lol::smh: Then again I never had 5E sneaker so... IDK. Them joints like some "Hey Yous' Guys!" homie..​

I dont own a pair of 577's, but I don't think no bloke would make such an bloated undimensional 577 like that... Dem joints is from China :lol::smh: Then again I never had 5E sneaker so... IDK. Them joints like some "Hey Yous' Guys!" homie..​

LOL!!
the photos got me good, that's for sure.
i should try to get in contact with ebay or something and get my money back.
again i wasn't too knowledgeable with this model, and copped for the colorway
:smh:@myself.

pretty sure those are fake and they haven’t made the 577 in the USA in forever (if ever? I don’t know the history of the model)...also, I’m pretty sure NB does widths after D by multiples of 2...2E, 4E, 6E

pretty sure those are fake and they haven’t made the 577 in the USA in forever (if ever? I don’t know the history of the model)...also, I’m pretty sure NB does widths after D by multiples of 2...2E, 4E, 6E

appreciate the info.
funny thing is, after receiving them and searching up other 577 models, they all say made in UK, which threw me off.
if i can't get a refund from ebay, then i guess i'll donate it.
lesson learned.

Back
Top Bottom