Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Aries 991
671CC44F-43B1-4845-B8A2-F298E63ED7D1.jpeg

StockX sucks for numerous reasons. I sold a DS pair of M998RF on there and they sent it back saying there were flaws on it (they were referring to the slight yellowing on the all white sole due to the oxidation). I responded back saying that this was 100% normal for older shoes and they sent a half-hearted apology email and then proceeded to ghost me on future emails. This experience, combined with their numerous security breaches has me soured on StockX. I had a friend who used to work for StockX a couple of months ago quit because he said the company was horrible to work for. I asked him about the security breaches and he said "Dude, the ones publicized aren't the first time this has happened. There were multiple breaches in the last two years that NO ONE outside of the company knows about." :angry:

If I were you, I'd sell directly here on NT to homies who are an 11.5 (DM me I might be interested!) first so you can take out fees. After that, eBay is 100% the way to go. eBay recently dropped fees on sneaker sales over $100. So whereas they used to take 10% for using their platform, you now solely pay the PayPal fees. It's a WIN-WIN. Stay away from StockX.

Rant over. Happy Sunday, everyone.
+1 for selling on eBay. You get a discount on shipping through eBay too which is nice. I've been unloading a lot of sneakers lately and eBay has always been my go to. I've never had an issue in 15+ years on there.

anyone read this?

https://www.thecut.com/2020/03/will-the-millennial-aesthetic-ever-end.html

curious what you guys thought about it--specifically the pink thing.
good read. thanks for posting this up bro!

"millennial pink" has some pop to it, without being too obtrusive. living in nyc, and taking the subway almost everyday, i spend a decent amount of time seeing ads that feature the color (as mentioned in the article, usually accompanied by a sans serif font). like a lot of modern ads, the color feels "sterile," but i'd be lying if i said i didn't like it in sneakers from time to time. the concept's rosé fall into that category and it's one of my favorite 997's. as it relates to ronnie, i'm sure he actually has some level of interest in the color, but considering his customer-base, i'm sure he knows how popular the color is and how much his customers will rave about (and buy) a pink dad shoe.

good read. thanks for posting this up bro!

"millennial pink" has some pop to it, without being too obtrusive. living in nyc, and taking the subway almost everyday, i spend a decent amount of time seeing ads that feature the color (as mentioned in the article, usually accompanied by a sans serif font). like a lot of modern ads, the color feels "sterile," but i'd be lying if i said i didn't like it in sneakers from time to time. the concept's rosé fall into that category and it's one of my favorite 997's. as it relates to ronnie, i'm sure he actually has some level of interest in the color, but considering his customer-base, i'm sure he knows how popular the color is and how much his customers will rave about (and buy) a pink dad shoe.
KMN4 is similar in color IMO, and being that trends are cyclical as we know just to push more product, spring/ summer trend colors are dusty pink/ faded rose / KITH pink.

+1 for selling on eBay. You get a discount on shipping through eBay too which is nice. I've been unloading a lot of sneakers lately and eBay has always been my go to. I've never had an issue in 15+ years on there.
I have some kicks to unload and I heard the new thing is buyers complaining, asking for a refund, and sending an empty box back to the seller. No real sellers protection. I got burnt once like this with an iPhone. I still plan on using eBay as I don’t trust StockX, Goat, and Grailed too much. Grailed would be my 2nd option tho.

Sole is different. Can’t really tell with the lighting if the shade is a tad off or not.

Wow, those are much more pink than I expected. Thought it would be more of a muted pink based off Ronnie's IG post. Guess it's that Kith filter :sick:. And the soles look same to me, where do you see the difference?

Seeing some people that already received their Woodstack shipment of the 992gr... Mine has been sitting with a "label created" status since 3/22, anybody else have this issue?

I hate red antler so much for this. Also, pantone picked rose quartz as one of the colors of the year in 2016. That carries a lot of weight in the visual world.

Wow, those are much more pink than I expected. Thought it would be more of a muted pink based off Ronnie's IG post. Guess it's that Kith filter :sick:. And the soles look same to me, where do you see the difference?
Just the color looked different on the sole. Ronnies pic looked a tanish/cream on the back while guilty’s looked all white but he said it was just the lighting.
071E40E2-89FD-4745-9D6C-95A248BF77E4.jpeg

Just realized the caption to my post didn't age very well :rofl:

Also, my pic sucks, so don't go by that; it was super sunny outside (July) and my legs are not that red :lol:. The color is more muted but still noticeably pink. in darker light, it almost has a purplish tint to it. Hopefully anyone that goes for them can get them for $100 like some of us did lol

Not refuting that at all but, the thing is, that shoe was in the fashion show last year. (If anyone was paying close attention to what was to come, for the past few seasons it’s been like that) Which to that notion, some had an idea what those might be. I think they simply benefitted from the seller not truly knowing?
448B1CD4-BA42-497C-91C9-67882F575337.jpeg

Now we just wait for the trademarking of Dusty pink like Shark Blue.

there are some in here who know the story behind the shoes ending up on the ‘bay; those who didn’t know/ weren’t able to get them at the time will have no choice but to get them at $$$ moshepark moshepark mentioned before, OR just get KMN4 for like $60 on eBay lol.

I salute your millenial pink and raise you a boomer pink. Not really but for 30 dollars couldnt resist. I initially bought some 997h when they first came out but returned them back knowing they will go in deep discount. Nevertheless love the pop
20200330_120135.jpg

Not refuting that at all but, the thing is, that shoe was in the fashion show last year. (If anyone was paying close attention to what was to come, for the past few seasons it’s been like that) Which to that notion, some had an idea what those might be. I think they simply benefitted from the seller not truly knowing?
448B1CD4-BA42-497C-91C9-67882F575337.jpeg

Now we just wait for the trademarking of Dusty pink like Shark Blue.

The shoes ended up on ebay (June 2019) before Ronnie's fashion show, and by the time they were in the show, inventory was all sold out. There was some guessing on FB prior to the fashion show that these may be a Kith collab mostly because the of the 'K' designations in the color code for both navy and both pink shoes. Once the fashion show happened, it was pretty much confirmed to be a Kith shoe. The pink V2 is M990K2 and there are a ton of pics online of them. They even made bootlegs of them since then lol

48258e29-5a8b-4add-a866-644a590ac4db.jpg

The 'shark blue' v2 and 998 even ended up at solestop in June if recall correctly, and they pulled them down in a few days. NB definitely messed up shipping these out because they got to stockists in Asia and Canada.

Kudos to everyone who copped the 990v2 and 998 early off eBay last year. If you bought the shoe it's because you genuinely liked the shoe, not because of a name attached to it. You know Ronnie's gonna be charging that Kith premium lol...
I like it but I never shop for shoes on eBay so I would of never seen it.

The shoes ended up on ebay (June 2019) before Ronnie's fashion show, and by the time they were in the show, inventory was all sold out. There was some guessing on FB prior to the fashion show that these may be a Kith collab mostly because the of the 'K' designations in the color code for both navy and both pink shoes. Once the fashion show happened, it was pretty much confirmed to be a Kith shoe. The pink V2 is M990K2 and there are a ton of pics online of them. They even made bootlegs of them since then lol

48258e29-5a8b-4add-a866-644a590ac4db.jpg

The 'shark blue' v2 and 998 even ended up at solestop in June if recall correctly, and they pulled them down in a few days. NB definitely messed up shipping these out because they got to stockists in Asia and Canada.

Any pics of the Shark Blue version?

Kudos to everyone who copped the 990v2 and 998 early off eBay last year. If you bought the shoe it's because you genuinely liked the shoe, not because of a name attached to it. You know Ronnie's gonna be charging that Kith premium lol...

Oh for sure there's gonna be that Kith premium :lol:

Back
Top Bottom