Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Thanks to whomever at NB decided to bless us with the Kakkerlak sample colorway on the 1500 and 1530
C9FD7FF4-CAB3-4331-A127-5FFD762AF34E.jpeg

8076E108-0ED8-4FA6-B94D-6B5674397FD3.jpeg

D4AD3878-AE63-4844-B2C6-4B155D7940EE.jpeg

Any size 12s there?

I've been watching this cw on ebay. Do you feel that these fit the same as the 992s, 997s, 998s and 999s size-wise? Or, in other words, do you wear the same size in the aforementioned models as you do in this particular 1500?

Mail day, and a day early. Not bad for my first made in Asia. Fit is good, sole is softer than I expected, and materials aren’t as bad I thought they would be. I guess these are warming on me, but I’m not 100% sold on em yet. Maybe if I catch the concepts and Casablancas it’ll change my mind.
image.jpg
You really need the most hyped pair of a model for it to grow on you more? You take me as the kid whose parents would buy them the best of everything to be apart of things but you always sucked at in the end and would quit.

Thanks for the advice everyone on the x-racers. Probably gonna just wait on them for now. Not sure they’re worth close to double retail!

You really need the most hyped pair of a model for it to grow on you more? You take me as the kid whose parents would buy them the best of everything to be apart of things but you always sucked at in the end and would quit.
I’d like to see to the models with different (and hopefully better) materials. Seems reasonable to me.

my parent’s barely bought me shht. You take me as someone who gives up easily and settles for less. 🤷‍♂️

I’d like to see to the models with different (and hopefully better) materials. Seems reasonable to me.

my parent’s barely bought me shht. You take me as someone who gives up easily and settles for less. 🤷‍♂️
Don't worry about him man, he's just the resident troll that pops up from time to time. I actually don't think he's a troll, but he's just toxic and never has a positive thing to say.

I play the “if I don’t hit manually,it wasn’t meant to be”,game.

For most hype releases anymore I play “there’s no point in trying so I’m not going to waste my time.” And then if I like them enough I’ll just pay resell. I’ve hit once on SNKRS and zero raffles in the last probably 3 years. (And actually catching a W seems to only be getting harder in general) If you add up the time spent on L’s, it’s just not worth it. At this point I’m finding myself only trying on the rare model that I really love and that I know I’ll actually wear more than a few times.
Edit: My tone reads more negative than I meant. To clarify, I still love sneakers in general and accept the industry for what it is at this point. I could care less about hype and I’m actually fine with my current method when I want a shoe that carries it; it’s less stressful, for me at least. I did get sick yesterday/am still sick though, which has me on edge some. (Especially given my symptoms...)

Last edited:
Any recs for hiking NBs? I don’t wanna keep trashing my grey 993s

Damn that's unfortunate. I can't believe someone paid that much already, I'd be worried about a scam.

It’s a “bargain” given the 1200-1800 price they will be put on GOAT and STOCKX. In terms of scam, possible but pay with PayPal and your covered for like 30 days. PayPal 95% of the time sides with the buyer and refunds your money, even when the buyer is the scammer. And eBay doesn’t care about sellers, they care about the buyers.

What’s up with the password page? Is there some way to get it that I didn’t hear about?

Any recs for hiking NBs? I don’t wanna keep trashing my grey 993s
I really like my Hierro V5s, the weird heel scoop thing is prone to kicking up dirt on your calves though, but the extra surface area I feel does help for stability on rougher terrain. I used them to hike the Great Gulf Trail up Washington which is easily one of the hardest trails in the White Mountains, it's considered a wilderness area now so trail is not well maintained anymore and lots of blow downs and the trail gets unclear at points. Couple of river crossings so feet did get wet at points unfortunately, wish they had a goretex lining option like they just released for the Roav Trail. The only trail I know off the top of my head that is more challenging in the Whites is the Huntington Ravine Trail up Washington, which from what I've heart is pretty batty.

Depending on how hard you plan on going on the trails would factor into what shoe to recommend as well. Good luck!

Reactions: JPS
Back
Top Bottom