Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

All "hyped" sneakers should release like this if all the orders actually go through :nthat: . I don't mind waiting a few months for sneakers I want.
The guy who ordered 26 pairs though... LMAO. Bet he sweating balls right now hoping it's an error :lol:

Hype sells which is why most collabs are limited, but also most of NBs partners don't have the capital needed to keep massive inventory if things don't sell out. If they are being made to order, ALD/NB is using our capital to fund the project so they don't need to worry about cashflow or left over inventory. Instead of selling 1,000 pairs and making $100k each they sell 10,000 and make $1MM each all while eliminating risk. While retail is really struggling with COVID it's a smart move that hopefully won't backfire on them. ALD should make a statement explaining the process, otherwise people may start charging back not wanting to wait 6 months for shoes. I think this is also a direct response to the resellers who got the 990 release shutdown. Teddy is a humble guy who only wants the best for his customers.

If that's what ALD did, they should've made it clear from the start - because they're bound to get a ton of chargeback requests from CC companies like this - like from the guy who ended up with 26 reservation confirmations. And I doubt that's the only person who did that. I'm sure there are thousands of people who put in multiple entries. That's why I'm a bit pessimistic about this situation.

Aime Loan to orDore just replied to my email and said we cannot change our sizing requests.

if the 9 is too big for me, it’s an oop for the thread - except seems like everyone got a W so I’m stuck with a pair. Doh

Do the 1300 run extra big or something? I just went with my 997 size since both are MiUSA.

All "hyped" sneakers should release like this if all the orders actually go through :nthat: . I don't mind waiting a few months for sneakers I want.
The guy who ordered 26 pairs though... LMAO. Bet he sweating balls right now hoping it's an error :lol:

If that's what ALD did, they should've made it clear from the start - because they're bound to get a ton of chargeback requests from CC companies like this - like from the guy who ended up with 26 reservation confirmations. And I doubt that's the only person who did that. I'm sure there are thousands of people who put in multiple entries. That's why I'm a bit pessimistic about this situation.

with ALD stating this is a reservation with shoes being shipped at a later date and having it state all sales be final, would anyone that requested a chargeback with their CC come out successfully?

with ALD stating this is a reservation with shoes being shipped at a later date and having it state all sales be final, would anyone that requested a chargeback with their CC come out successfully?

Most credit card companies don't look at it from the legal disclaimer perspective, but rather goods and services. Did the person who gives them business (the user/ purchaser) get their goods? Did they try resolving with the vendor? If a resolution wasn't reached and goods weren't received, they would more likely than not side with the user/ purchaser whom they would rather keep happy and using their card.

My guess is anyone who successfully does this will likely be barred from future reservations to whatever extent they can enforce that.

Last edited:
Most credit card companies don't look at it from the legal disclaimer perspective, but rather goods and services. Did the person who gives them business (the user/ purchaser) get their goods? Did they try resolving with the vendor? If a resolution wasn't reached and good weren't received, they would more likely than not side with the user/ purchaser whom they would rather keep happy and using their card.

My guess is anyone who successfully does this will likely be barred from future reservations to whatever extent they can enforce that.

gotcha that’s what i assumed. just really wanna see these bum resellers screwed over haha

Aime Loan to orDore just replied to my email and said we cannot change our sizing requests.

if the 9 is too big for me, it’s an oop for the thread - except seems like everyone got a W so I’m stuck with a pair. Doh
If you grabbed pink we can have a chat once you get them.

I can’t figure out how to create an account with ALD.

i think Petey suggested using the confirmation email but I’m stumped, not sure how to

halp!

I can’t figure out how to create an account with ALD.

i think Petey suggested using the confirmation email but I’m stumped, not sure how to

halp!
Gotta click that link that was posted. I can’t find a way to navigate there from the home page.

For those new to this: Typically, you can look for the order's payment status to see when it switches from Authorized (pending) to either Paid (successful) or Voided (unsuccessful) in your account history if you wanna keep tabs on it.

https://www.aimeleondore.com/account (since they don't provide a spot to click through to My Account )
3jso7i.jpg

i don’t think anyone has actually had their shoes shipped yet.
my account shows paid and unfulfilled like everyone else and i did get the text saying my order shipped, but that is most likely just a notification of the reservation being confirmed

usually when the order ships, it’ll be like your typical shopify text message including tracking details

At this point usomewhere between 1/4 and 1/3 of my sneakers are pink or have a shade of pink on them. I may have a problem, but at least I know what I like.
You and me both. I was going through my shoes recently and couldn't believe how many are pink / have pink in them. Probably gonna get rid of a few, starting to feel kinda redundant lol

Best case scenario is we all eat and resellers sit on pairs they can’t sell. Worst case scenario is we all just gave Teddy an interest free loan for 6 months and 90% of our orders get cancelled.
^^^Hopefully whoever wanted them gets them. But I have a feeling we’ll be seeing some of those repeated orders start getting cancelled soon.

Do the 1300 run extra big or something? I just went with my 997 size since both are MiUSA.
^^^edited: TTS. They’re a bit roomy on the toe, so you can get away going down 1/2 size for a snug fit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom