Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

How many pairs of sneakers do you guys own and what is your threshold in terms of the maximum number of pairs you’d own and take a pause on buying any more? I randomly did a count today, and just counting sneakers, I’m around the 60s., and my threshold is 100. I’m trying my best not to go overboard especially with impulse buys. With that said I did buy my first pair of kicks for 2021.😅
Haven’t done an official count recently but last time I did I was coming close to 300. NB alone maybe 220-250 but I have been buying shoes for about 10 years. I did however sell off 40-50 pairs in the past 6 months to support other hobbies.

How many pairs of sneakers do you guys own and what is your threshold in terms of the maximum number of pairs you’d own and take a pause on buying any more? I randomly did a count today, and just counting sneakers, I’m around the 60s., and my threshold is 100. I’m trying my best not to go overboard especially with impulse buys. With that said I did buy my first pair of kicks for 2021.😅
I’m somewhere around 220. I built shelves designed to hold 203 in my walkin closet when I bought my house in 2017. I had 180 at the time and told myself I would never outgrow the shelves and I’d do one in - one out once I filled em up. Well partially due to the decline in values since that time I haven’t been able to make any sales decisions so I’ve moved doubles to the spare room and added a column of drop fronts next to my shelves.

Last edited:
1610395496326.png

1610395527841.png

1610395542591.png

1610395560076.png

Source: Hypebeast.
1610395629319.png

1610395637805.png

Source: https://shop.newbalance.jp/shop/g/gBB550SG1# .

I know I have a lot to look forward to this year, but I still have a handful of pairs I will still try to cop from last year. Here is the short list:

1. Petey Pablo 992 (9.5)
2. 990v2 in Navy, Black
3. RC1300 in Mallard Blue
4. Aster Florist 827s
5. Kith 1300/RC1300
6. M670YOR

If anyone has leads on finding 3. or 6. in a 9.5, that'd be greatly appreciated!

I’m somewhere around 220. I built shelves designed to hold 203 in my walkin closet when I bought my house in 2017. I had 180 at the time and told myself I would never outgrow the shelves and I’d do one in - one out once I filled em up. Well partially due to the decline in values since that time I haven’t been able to make any sales decisions so I’ve moved doubles to the spare room and added a column of drop fronts next to my shelves.

I probably have 450 to 500 pairs, no doubles but it includes boots and shoes :sick: I should probably get rid of some stuff

anyone seen bootleg 1300jp's?

i think i want a pair and i see some size 13's on ebay. not sure i can trust them though.

also i haven't seen 550's anywhere are they hard to find or i'm not looking in the right places?

edit: looks like i have to wait for GRs to actually drop cuz i'm not paying resale for Aime's

I know I have a lot to look forward to this year, but I still have a handful of pairs I will still try to cop from last year. Here is the short list:

1. Petey Pablo 992 (9.5)
2. 990v2 in Navy, Black
3. RC1300 in Mallard Blue
4. Aster Florist 827s
5. Kith 1300/RC1300
6. M670YOR

If anyone has leads on finding 3. or 6. in a 9.5, that'd be greatly appreciated!

Hey man - looks like US9.5 is in stock here - https://4elementos.es/en/releases/14705-883678-new-balance-rc1300-ms1300tg.html#/669-new_balance-425

i can't believe people are yellowing their soles now. sadly they don't look evenly aged so they look bad but if there was a good way to oxidize the white rubber you're right, a lot of the 550's would look dope like that.

I mean, a lot of shoes have used the yellowed midsoles for a while now. It's nothing new. What's new is the process of 'aging' the upper of the shoe and inducing more wear and tear into it without wearing and tearing it. Now to me, THAT is lame. Cause the oxidization of the midsole takes yearsssssssssss, so I'm not trying to wait. I don't like my midsoles on most shoes crispy bright white. But I will just wear a shoe to let it rip, scuff, and get aged on the upper. Vs cosmetically doing so to look like a social trend setter. lol

Shoes from the past have gone down in price ?

Back
Top Bottom