Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

1612091108933.png

1612091136024.png

This New Balance 992 Spotlights Darius Bazley's "Gap Year" .
Source: Hypebeast.

These have already been posted and they released/sold out two days ago. Put down the pipe and take a break from the internet.

Know there is always some uncertainty around NB sizing. When you say fit huge did you get the same size as you typically would for miUSA NB? For context I wear a size 13 in most Nike’s / other sneakers but have size 12 for all of the miUSA NBs that I own (992,997,998,1300) which fit great and I’m trying to figure out if I would go with a 12 or 13 on ALD 550’s.
I would go with a 12.

I agree! Hopefully the suede toe models will be better. When I go to Burlington and see that the plastic leather reebok's they carry have the same material of the first run of these 550's I got pretty disappointed. I'm definitely going to see what unfolds with the suede toe. Hopefully new balance gets it right with those. It's just odd coming from new balance because I got the BB480 and those came out pretty good in terms of the materials
Yes, completely agree, the 480 surpasses the 550 in terms of materials and upper comfort, which has definitely softer and has more comfort. The 550 are tanks lol. It’s like Rock Lee taking off the weights when those things come off!

I definitely won’t argue with your stance. The pricing for this model from the start even with the ALD collab threw me off guard until I got the shoes in hand. They definitely are far from the quality we’re used to with other NB models, and I agree you can easily find models around the same price point with better materials and better comfort.

To me, they are a good middle ground, visually and comfort wise, it’s a decent shoe that NB took a lot of effort to retro. I don’t mind getting this model if it’s this low of a price point. On top of that, the model just got here, and we already have a nubuck variant. I’m sure down the line there’s a chance we see different materials used. There’s also a few upcoming variants that have a suede toe, so you may just find one version that meets your needs fam. For now you can just enjoy them though me lol
28DA7712-2B10-42C5-A70F-61CD4FF3AC2E.jpeg
128E9F86-107B-4694-BDA1-D0AEEBEDDA76.jpeg
I’m ok with it and accepts the quality, the amount I paid I won’t expect too much already.
For me is much better then many others brand and model, specially the “NxxE” 🤭

Yes, completely agree, the 480 surpasses the 550 in terms of materials and upper comfort, which has definitely softer and has more comfort. The 550 are tanks lol. It’s like Rock Lee taking off the weights when those things come off!

hows the suede on the bred 550? usually MiA suede is pretty subpar but it’s been better on collabs (eg bodega 997s pairs) and more recently on the 2002R. Obviously not expecting the level of USA/UK pairs

hows the suede on the bred 550? usually MiA suede is pretty subpar but it’s been better on collabs (eg bodega 997s pairs) and more recently on the 2002R. Obviously not expecting the level of USA/UK pairs
Curious about this too. Wanna pick up some gr 550s

I definitely won’t argue with your stance. The pricing for this model from the start even with the ALD collab threw me off guard until I got the shoes in hand. They definitely are far from the quality we’re used to with other NB models, and I agree you can easily find models around the same price point with better materials and better comfort.

To me, they are a good middle ground, visually and comfort wise, it’s a decent shoe that NB took a lot of effort to retro. I don’t mind getting this model if it’s this low of a price point. On top of that, the model just got here, and we already have a nubuck variant. I’m sure down the line there’s a chance we see different materials used. There’s also a few upcoming variants that have a suede toe, so you may just find one version that meets your needs fam. For now you can just enjoy them though me lol
28DA7712-2B10-42C5-A70F-61CD4FF3AC2E.jpeg
128E9F86-107B-4694-BDA1-D0AEEBEDDA76.jpeg
Quality check?. Synthetic suede? Durabuck type?

Back
Top Bottom