Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I prefer the drops the way they are. Set release dates are corny. I like that NB lets stores sell em as soon as they get em. I don’t need to see these blogs hyping release dates for GRs months in advance. Posting shops of what the shoe could look like based on the color code, then posting pics of early samples, then fakes, then stock photos...

We don’t need that mess here.

Scattered drops are reminiscent of the way it used to be. I miss walking into a store and just seeing what was on the shelf and buying what I liked. Even back when only JB was doing set release dates store employees would always pull them out to show them to you and let you buy early.
Scattered drops are the furthest thing from back in the day. They are essentially just being gate keepers for longer to drum up hype. If you actually enjoy that type of roleout you are a pretty pathetic consumer.

Scattered drops are the furthest thing from back in the day. They are essentially just being gate keepers for longer to drum up hype. If you actually enjoy that type of roleout you are a pretty pathetic consumer.
Can you please enlighten me and the rest of us as to what you think a pathetic consumer is? If I've ever in my life seen a gatekeeper or a "pathetic consumer" it's you as hell.

Can you please enlighten me and the rest of us as to what you think a pathetic consumer is? If I've ever in my life seen a gatekeeper or a "pathetic consumer" it's you as hell.
Says the guy that’s ready to pay over retail once first images are released bud

Man I feel like a complete Noob asking this but I've removed myself from the NB/Sneakers for like the last year. This has been my least amount of purchases in a decade. I think I bought only 2 pairs of NB's in the last year. I had to stop following closely as not to go broke...lol That being said. The ALD 1300 in pink. I have a decent line on a pair for just enough over retail I don't feel too bad about myself. What's the hype level on these.? When I was in the thread eveyday I could judge a little better but now I'm lost. For the record I want them to wear I'm just trying to get the best price.

Man I feel like a complete Noob asking this but I've removed myself from the NB/Sneakers for like the last year. This has been my least amount of purchases in a decade. I think I bought only 2 pairs of NB's in the last year. I had to stop following closely as not to go broke...lol That being said. The ALD 1300 in pink. I have a decent line on a pair for just enough over retail I don't feel too bad about myself. What's the hype level on these.? When I was in the thread eveyday I could judge a little better but now I'm lost. For the record I want them to wear I'm just trying to get the best price.
These are the least hype of ALD’s NB collabs, so you could potentially wait for these to brick. But I don’t think they’ll go under retail. My worry is that they don’t do a general release in May, and just release apparel. If they do that, then value will increase. So cop before May.

So there's a "supposed" general release for the ALD 1300s? I could wait for the pink pair then.
All the pairs that have been shown are preorders to ALD loyalty customers, prior to a capsule release in May. That should translate to more pairs available in May.

HOWEVER, given the roll out, and somewhat disappointment by more than a few, on quality and delays, my concern is that ALD could just decide to release only apparel in May, without the shoes. I’m probably wrong, but if you can get them for a little over retail early, it might save you a headache later on. My observation is that the NB crowd likes them, but the ALD crowd has a mixed opinion, some even calling them bricks.

All the pairs that have been shown are preorders to ALD loyalty customers, prior to a capsule release in May. That should translate to more pairs available in May.

HOWEVER, given the roll out, and somewhat disappointment by more than a few, on quality and delays, my concern is that ALD could just decide to release only apparel in May, without the shoes. I’m probably wrong, but if you can get them for a little over retail early, it might save you a headache later on. My observation is that the NB crowd likes them, but the ALD crowd has a mixed opinion, some even calling them bricks.
I copped the green pair for $200 on Saturday. Would like to pay retail for the pinks.

Yup. When the preorders went out ALD wasn’t charging sales tax outside of NY but now they are. And they charge $12 for shipping.

Last edited:
Yup. When the preorders went out ALD wasn’t charging sales tax out side of NY but now they are. And they charge $12 for shipping.
1616515167772.png

Thanks de Blasio

My observation is that the NB crowd likes them, but the ALD crowd has a mixed opinion, some even calling them bricks.

Curious as to how you gauged the opinion from the ALD crowd on the 1300's. I come in peace.

1616515167772.png

Thanks de Blasio

Here in Chicago I get 3 separate tax charges smh! Guess I paid retail for my green pair lol.

3 separate taxes?!?! Terrible. :smh:

Fortunately here in MA. we don't have to pay taxes on shoes or clothing.

I copped the green pair for $200 on Saturday. Would like to pay retail for the pinks.
Check the ALD reddit page. There have been a few guys posting for retail plus shipping. Just a matter of if you get lucky with the sizing available.

Curious as to how you gauged the opinion from the ALD crowd on the 1300's. I come in peace.

Primarily from sentiments shared from group chats, DMs from ALD enthusiasts, and reddit. I think it comes down the 1300 model. Although it's more popular among NB/footwear enthusiasts, this is the first time a lot of ALD consumers (it seems) will buy this model. WIth sizing discrepencies, shipping delays, QA, lack of extras (lace options), flimsy packaging, and mixed opinions, it seems like the adoration seen in their previous collabs isn't present here.

Last edited:
Primarily from sentiments shared from group chats, DMs from ALD enthusiasts, and reddit. I think it comes down the 1300 model. Although it's more popular among NB/footwear enthusiasts, this is the first time a lot of ALD consumers (it seems) to buy this model. WIth sizing discrepencies, shipping delays, QA, lack of extras, flimsy packaging, and mixed opinions, it seems like the adoration seen in their previous collabs isn't present here.
good summary.

my pair fits fine but def wouldve preferred .5 down.

same flimsy box as 550

with that being said I love them. I actually just sold my 550 and keeping the pink 1300 in my small duo of ALD NB. I got the v5 as the other pair.

Back
Top Bottom