Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

hi guys, for those who own the 991 20th anniversary, i need your sizing advice as i heard the sizing on this model is a bit tricky.
I usually wearing :
10US for 998 made in USA
10.5US for 1500 made in UK (snug fit)
990 V5 i have is size 10US but i should have ordered size 10.5US for better fit
11US air max 90 infrared
11US air max 95 neon
do you recommend getting size 10.5 or 11US for the 991 20th anniv to fit comfortably ?

I wear 10 in 990v5, and 992s.

Tried on 10.5 and still, 991's toe box is too narrow for me.

990v5 for the afternoon NB Grey Day
FFBE3285-F6F4-4DB7-BDD0-558180552C2F.jpeg

hi guys, for those who own the 991 20th anniversary, i need your sizing advice as i heard the sizing on this model is a bit tricky.
I usually wearing :
10US for 998 made in USA
10.5US for 1500 made in UK (snug fit)
990 V5 i have is size 10US but i should have ordered size 10.5US for better fit
11US air max 90 infrared
11US air max 95 neon
do you recommend getting size 10.5 or 11US for the 991 20th anniv to fit comfortably ?

Sizing issues are annoying and I hate dealing with it so I just ordered them in my true size and a half size up.

Half size up was too roomy for me so I returned it but the TTS pair was too tight in the toebox.

I tried to break in the tts pair for a week and that didn’t help at all.

So I ended up just swapping the insoles (used some super thin ones from another pair of Nikes I had laying around) and that completely resolved the fit issue on the 991ANI’s for me.

The stock insole that comes with them is absolute garbage and extremely uncomfortable and really just too thick for this shoe. I think considering what retail is on this particular pair this was a major oversight by new balance and they should offer free replacement insoles due to the widespread sizing issue on this pair.

What cleaners do you use on your nubuck/suede

I scuffed my 990v5 grey on my tire putting rainX on my car. I almost fainted got tire dirt on my joints

wish I could find a black pair of NB period lmao
993 would be nice

NB limiting the 57/40 less than MiUs GRs. Wouldn’t be surprised if they show up at more retailers in the next coming weeks

I'm not sure how that can help. The GD event is the main catalyst to spearhead with the release of 3 models and quite a number of them selling out leaving scattered sizes if not already sold out.

But if they re-release in batches then it just go against conventional economics, imo.

NB limiting the 57/40 less than MiUs GRs. Wouldn’t be surprised if they show up at more retailers in the next coming weeks
I'm not sure how that can help. The GD event is the main catalyst to spearhead with the release of 3 models and quite a number of them selling out leaving scattered sizes if not already sold out.

But if they re-release in batches then it just go against conventional economics, imo.

In the FOMO world we live in right now, New Balance is doing exactly what is working. Slow, intermittent, unpredictable drops with limited quantity. If the shoes sell out the first time, then it will trigger FOMO in other buyers/collectors who will either drop more money at resale (stockx, ebay, goat) or be ready and willing at the next random spot that drops them to scoop them up for retail. If NB had most of their shoes drop at the same time with all the stock they would sit at many places, resellers wouldn't be in a mad dash to scoop them up and NB would be back to where it was a few years ago. Have you ever grabbed a pair of shoes that sold out? Did you feel lucky to have had the chance to purchase or a sense of relief that you did? Strange that we as buyers feel lucky to have handed over our money to a company desperately trying to sell their stuff, it's as much psychology as economics. Capitalizing on the hype and recognition of the brand right now makes complete sense. We are talking about New Balance selling out of a bunch of MiA pairs, they are doing something right.

I’m thinking of copping something new soon. I’m between the 990v2 in grey or the 991ANI. Which one do you guys think I should get?

990v2.

991ANI’s are sitting a lot of places and could conceivably hit discount. Not to mention 991’s are top 2 most uncomfortable NB’s along with 998’s to me at least.

DANG but 998 is more comfy than 997? 991 is narrow

So I just tried my three 991s on to compare them to my other NB since some were commenting they fit small/narrow.

I found both the Patta and 25th Anni to fit pretty much identical, and both fit me TTS, same like 992/997/1500/576/577. I usually have issues with narrow shoes after breaking my foot, but I didn't feel that these were too narrow. Of course everyones foot is different and best is to try a couple sizes if possible, just sharing my experience with the 991.

The Aries however have a totally different toebox material that I didn't realize, the mesh is more open and see through, you can see your socks through it. It's also much thinner and there's a little more room in these. I wouldn't say it's enough to size down, but I'll probably go with thicker socks on the Aries.

76474827-0DE5-47C7-ABBF-6302AFA4FBA4.jpeg

990v2.

991ANI’s are sitting a lot of places and could conceivably hit discount. Not to mention 991’s are top 2 most uncomfortable NB’s along with 998’s to me at least.

ha I thought it was only me I copped pink 991s hype happy I put them on…. NOPE! Lol big sad.

Sizing issues are annoying and I hate dealing with it so I just ordered them in my true size and a half size up.

Half size up was too roomy for me so I returned it but the TTS pair was too tight in the toebox.

I tried to break in the tts pair for a week and that didn’t help at all.

So I ended up just swapping the insoles (used some super thin ones from another pair of Nikes I had laying around) and that completely resolved the fit issue on the 991ANI’s for me.

The stock insole that comes with them is absolute garbage and extremely uncomfortable and really just too thick for this shoe. I think considering what retail is on this particular pair this was a major oversight by new balance and they should offer free replacement insoles due to the widespread sizing issue on this pair.

so annoying right, fortunately we can at least help each other on this forum. :wink:
You mentioned that half size up was too roomy, but i guess comparatively to the tight fit of the TTS it wasn't that bad, could a thicker kind of socks would have made it more comfortable on the half size up pair or maybe you really prefer a snug fit ?

Back
Top Bottom