Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

salehe is a great designer and an absolutely horrible business person. which to be fair few ppl are both (different parts of the brain). but what is damming is his refusal to hire someone who is/ignorance of his lack of business skills. I was ablate cop a pair yesterday too and still think his process is garbage - hell his site is garbage - its a basic lil webiste that any 3rd grader could build.

salehe is a great designer and an absolutely horrible business person. which to be fair few ppl are both (different parts of the brain). but what is damming is his refusal to hire someone who is/ignorance of his lack of business skills. I was ablate cop a pair yesterday too and still think his process is garbage - hell his site is garbage - its a basic lil webiste that any 3rd grader could build.

IMO it is the opposite...He had people that were hyped and hoping to buy THIS. V

salehe-bembury-new-balance-574-yurt-release-date-1.jpeg

He can pretty much design whatever horrible design and somehow finds a way to market it and get people excited and hoping to buy. He is definitely better at business/marketing than his designs IMO.

Why would he hire someone and pay them to make a better user interface/website when he knows his **** will sell out in seconds anyways? Dude doesn't care lol

I love Nike, I really do. However now that I’m older New Balance are just more comfortable and easier to get (for now). Nike is more nostalgic for me. New Balance is superior in coziness, minimalism and accessibility. The sudden hype around New Balance is kinda annoying because I’m not a fan of 990v3s selling out day of lol. But people are waking up. NB gang since 2015 🤘🏼

CBBFE492-6A80-4D66-825D-065E2B330BB0.jpeg

I love Nike, I really do. However now that I’m older New Balance are just more comfortable and easier to get (for now). Nike is more nostalgic for me. New Balance is superior in coziness, minimalism and accessibility. The sudden hype around New Balance is kinda annoying because I’m not a fan of 990v3s selling out day of lol. But people are waking up. NB gang since 2015 🤘🏼

Agree with everything said. I've been wearing New Balance since 2003. Rocked the GREY OG 574 until they were no longer wearable, they fell apart in 2014. To your point NB quality is probably the strongest. I'm grown dude, so I can't be rocking with these new-age Nikes, Adidas, or Reeboks. The new hype following NB collabs is a bit concerning, but nothing on the level of Nike. NB's age well and they're for any age group.

Last edited by a moderator:

Add to that the fact that NB is a more reasonable wear in my 30's. Jordan 11's don't fit with the wardrobe as well as a simple 990 imo.

Navy Aimé 550s today.

1F5B3838-06FD-4F65-90E7-FB4E8DE722EE.jpeg

New Balance Balance x Aimé 550.
Druthers socks.
Aimé F/W 21 Uniform sweatpants.
Aimé F/W 21 Uniform Short Sleeve tee.
Ralph Lauren Knit Shawl Cardigan.
Aimé Olive A Pin.
New Era x Aimé Yankee Fitted.

-Drew

Last edited:
Agree with everything said. I've been wearing New Balance since 2003. Rocked the GREY OG 574 until they were no longer wearable, they fell apart in 2014. To your point NB quality is probably the strongest. I'm grown dude, so I can't be rocking with these new-age Nikes, Adidas, or Reeboks. The new hype following NB collabs is a bit concerning, but nothing on the level of Nike. NB's age well and they're for any age group.

Feel you but “im too grown” for Nikes is one of the worst generalized takes ever. Not you specifically but theres plenty of people who say this and its kinda weird actually. Yeah to the fruity loopy weird colorways, lime greens and bright oranges, over the top collabs sure I get it but saying this as if blazers, am90’s, regular colored dunks, killshots, blah blah plain Nikes dont exist. It isnt more “grown” to wear NB’s, more how you dress and how you put yourself together and carry yourself.

Feel you but “im too grown” for Nikes is one of the worst generalized takes ever. Not you specifically but theres plenty of people who say this and its kinda weird actually. Yeah to the fruity loopy weird colorways, lime greens and bright oranges, over the top collabs sure I get it but saying this as if blazers, am90’s, regular colored dunks, killshots, blah blah plain Nikes dont exist. It isnt more “grown” to wear NB’s, more how you dress and how you put yourself together and carry yourself.
So what u said about how u dress and carry yourself is definitely true. Considering I wear some of the Nike models u named I should of carefully crafted my words. I should of been specific about certain Nikes instead of generalizing Nike overall. I rock Nike Pegasus '92 wht-orange-concord, Nike Huarache '93 ultra-marine, Nike Air Internationalist, and etc.

So what u said about how u dress and carry yourself is definitely true. Considering I wear some of the Nike models u named I should of carefully crafted my words. I should of been specific about certain Nikes instead of generalizing Nike overall. I rock Nike Pegasus '92 wht-orange-concord, Nike Huarache '93 ultra-marine, Nike Air Internationalist, and etc.

Wasnt picking on you and I figured what you really meant but I just had to say something from a generalized sense.

personally i wouldn't say i'm too grown for nikes, i still wear them all the time. i just like their older stuff. can't remember the last time i bought a new nike silhouette. I still heavily rock my air tech challenge 2,3,iv. 85 jordan 1s, spiridons, mowabbs, union jordan 4s, zoom flight 95s, air force max cb etc, but i prefer nb for comfort.

personally i wouldn't say i'm too grown for nikes, i still wear them all the time. i just like their older stuff. can't remember the last time i bought a new nike silhouette. I still heavily rock my air tech challenge 2,3,iv. 85 jordan 1s, spiridons, mowabbs, union jordan 4s, zoom flight 95s, air force max cb etc, but i prefer nb for comfort.

NB comfort indeed > Nike

If I went on vaca and knew I was gonna walk a lot, id def pack atleast one pair of NB’s. On another related note, I find 550’s to be average on the comfy scale.
Similar to 1’s in how flat feeling they are but I guess cause its a “basketball” shoe no? 2002r’s still my fav comfort wise.

NB comfort indeed > Nike

If I went on vaca and knew I was gonna walk a lot, id def pack atleast one pair of NB’s. On another related note, I find 550’s to be average on the comfy scale.
Similar to 1’s in how flat feeling they are but I guess cause its a “basketball” shoe no? 2002r’s still my fav comfort wise.
2002r so clutch in comfort. Walked around NYC with them on and my feet was pleased.

Back
Top Bottom