Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

the current trend is the that of "dad" shoes; the chunkier 80s/90s looking models. even high end brands are following similar styling for their sneakers. the 998 is a bit too "sleek" for the current trend, so NB is capitalizing on the current hype and pumping out the models that are more desirable today. folks are also shifting from Nike to other brands like NB, since you have to jump through hoops just to get a pair of GR dunks.
Were 80s and 90s shoes even chunky? Besides the basketball shoes I can't think of any

Not gonna lie, I've been wearing NB all the time, ditching all my Nike shoes. I wear 57/40 and 993 Wide version, and they are heaven for my feet. I don't consider my feet is wide, but I like the extra room on the mid section. When I try to wear my AM1 or any other Nike shoes, I feel my feet is cramped inside. 57/40 line is definitely check all the boxes in my book: price and width and comfort.

Quick question to everyone, how many actually wear their true size? Like measured size. If not, how much room do you guys leave at the end of your shoes? Thumbs width? No room?

25CC91D4-0AC3-4487-98C0-F0AED2352A14.jpeg

On a budget ain’t even mad

Quick question to everyone, how many actually wear their true size? Like measured size. If not, how much room do you guys leave at the end of your shoes? Thumbs width? No room?
I like to have about a thumbs width of room, some pairs its slightly more due the shoe being narrow. But large amount of room doesn't matter as long as its comfortable and doesn't cause heel slip.

Proper sizing is based on the ball of the foot lining up with the widest part of the shoe. So even if your toes got chopped in half, you should still be wearing the same size, so how much room is left in the toe is not a good indicator of proper sizing.

Seriously, what's folks feelings on these upcoming NB's? These ain't hitting with me at all.

I like to have about a thumbs width of room, some pairs its slightly more due the shoe being narrow. But large amount of room doesn't matter as long as its comfortable and doesn't cause heel slip.

Proper sizing is based on the ball of the foot lining up with the widest part of the shoe. So even if your toes got chopped in half, you should still be wearing the same size, so how much room is left in the toe is not a good indicator of proper sizing.

Thumb or index finger width for me.
I like the tip of my longest toe right behind the mud guard on most new balances; that seems to be around the same space across most of the models. That seems to be a good gauge of fit for me personally. I could probably wear half size down from that but in some models I would get a little tight on sides, personally.

Just asking because I measure between a size 8.5/9 but I've tried those on and there's no way I could wear those sizes comfortably. I wear 10.5s in all models, with my toe right behind the beginning of the mud guard. But like I said in a few models I could probably size down to 10s if I wanted to, and still be comfortable.

FYI for those who did pre-order on Todd Snyder's 992. I happened to check my Fedex and saw the shipping info sent to Fedex by them. Expect to get shipping email eventually. I have a feeling it's going to be a while for me to actually receive them since it's shipped from NJ to Cali :ohwell:. Fedex has been super slow.

Seriously, what's folks feelings on these upcoming NB's? These ain't hitting with me at all.

This is the future, summer 2022 we will probably see most running shoes on the market go to a higher stack height. Hoka has proven over the last decade that you can have a high stack height and still be stable if the shoe has a wider platform. I believe with the 990v6 more people will consider running in them for a daily trainer and the women that style in them for Fashion will be in love.

The 990v6’s might be the most Versatile version

Back
Top Bottom