Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

So I'm becoming a bit of an old man (ok I'm totally and old man) but I come to you to help me solve a mystery. The New Balance 550. It has to be the dumbest shoe as far as availability I've ever seen. They announce 5 colorways a week and it seems like there are like 100 colorways out there in general. Yet its literally nowhere to be bought except the resale platforms. What's worse its just enough above of retail in most cases to irritate you and make the seller peanuts. I was in Vegas and Cali and I'm the father of teenagers. Let me tell you my son who is kinda into sneakers looks at the 550 with the biggest meh. When I was in Vegas/Cali not one 550 in sight at all. Though strangely I kept seeing instead of the dirty AF1 and panda dunk (which I saw a ton) I saw a dirty reebok low of some sort like everywhere. What are you guys up to out west? But I digress... Whats up with this shoe I've never seen anything like it. At least I see the panda dunk so I know someone is buying them. Are there just hot bed areas where you see the 550 all the time? I'm lost on how ridiculous to buy a GR pair of these is. (sorry this became a semi-rant...lol)

So I'm becoming a bit of an old man (ok I'm totally and old man) but I come to you to help me solve a mystery. The New Balance 550. It has to be the dumbest shoe as far as availability I've ever seen. They announce 5 colorways a week and it seems like there are like 100 colorways out there in general. Yet its literally nowhere to be bought except the resale platforms. What's worse its just enough above of retail in most cases to irritate you and make the seller peanuts. I was in Vegas and Cali and I'm the father of teenagers. Let me tell you my son who is kinda into sneakers looks at the 550 with the biggest meh. When I was in Vegas/Cali not one 550 in sight at all. Though strangely I kept seeing instead of the dirty AF1 and panda dunk (which I saw a ton) I saw a dirty reebok low of some sort like everywhere. What are you guys up to out west? But I digress... Whats up with this shoe I've never seen anything like it. At least I see the panda dunk so I know someone is buying them. Are there just hot bed areas where you see the 550 all the time? I'm lost on how ridiculous to buy a GR pair of these is. (sorry this became a semi-rant...lol)

They’re on shelves around here. I’ve seen them on other peoples feet outside of mine like 2-3 times?

I’m in VA but yeah most days I only see pandas and AF1’s

It’s funny, I don’t see a TON of them in NC but we’re AWASH with pandas and just dunks in general. It’s real tiring.

The 550 is going somewhere though. The UNC pair caused a big stir when it dropped

i could imagine NYC....Vegas is a wasteland for style...not sure where you were in Cali, but I don't see too many NBs out in LA (even on old people). Could also see 550s in DC or Baltimore or some other hotbed for New Balance (new England?). I feel like they're strictly for the ALD normcore folk tho

Personally I haven't seen anyone wear panda dunks in real life. I hardly see regular people wearing sneakers people online go crazy for in real life.
I've seen 550s on footlocker and champs site.

Here’s a newish pair, not sure they ship to the US though.

I see a decent amount of them in Toronto especially at malls, vintage clothing markets, jays games etc.

I still see a lot of 550s in parts of NY, especially soho
Yeah see a lot of 550s downtown and essentially the gentrified parts of Brooklyn (williamsburg and the other neighborhoods closer to the city).

Some AWG at the office had them on also.

feel like it has replaced the AF1 as the white ppl go to

How are the newer released Teddy V2s, like the red ones, fitting? I heard the marble ones were fitting half size big. I'm waiting for those two tone blue ones to drop.

How are the newer released Teddy V2s, like the red ones, fitting? I heard the marble ones were fitting half size big. I'm waiting for those two tone blue ones to drop.
I still .5 down on the red V2s and they are good for me. The fit is similar to the marbleheads which were big.

I rock the same size in any v2 Teddy or otherwise, go half down from my usual NB size.
I can't seem to do that in V2s. When I got half size down from my nike size the length is fine but it's too tight on the edges. Just walking around the house makes the outer part of foot go numb a little. When I get my Nike size the width is great but they're obviously a little long. I have around a thumbs width, maybe a little over, at the edge of the shoe. I have the same problem with the V3s.

I have no problem problem sizing down in 1300s and 993s though.

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 9.08.26 PM.png

Back
Top Bottom