Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I just sold a brand new pair of New Balance 550s on eBay and they were rejected by ebay's authentication service.

These shoes were purchased DIRECTLY from New Balance...and they FAILED the authentication check by eBay.

...you really can't make this stuff up.
wow...who is eBay getting to check these? unbelievable

Had to unds em today
20230105_142905.jpg
Got a hiking vibe....

Just bought a pair of 990V5, went with my NB size and these things feel roomy. I like snug fit but these feel like they're for wide-footers even though they say MEDIUM on the box. This normal for this model?
I went a .5 size down and my pair felt roomy as well. I even did a double take to make sure they were medium with too.

I just sold a brand new pair of New Balance 550s on eBay and they were rejected by ebay's authentication service.

These shoes were purchased DIRECTLY from New Balance...and they FAILED the authentication check by eBay.

Wow.

Beef Broccoli 580s are up on Lapstone.

That being said, do I go .5 size down to TTS lol

They sometimes reject pairs if it's missing something...paper, hang tag, laces or even a damaged box. Did they specify they thought they were fake?

"had to" ? how come
Something that has to do with it being fall/winter and only being able to wear em during these above mentioned seasons....j/k papi ...da day just had the vibe to it can't explain it ( that and I just spent $200 on them so you better believe I'ma rock em )

Just bought a pair of 990V5, went with my NB size and these things feel roomy. I like snug fit but these feel like they're for wide-footers even though they say MEDIUM on the box. This normal for this model?
I’m normally a size 9 in Nikes. I ordered a size 8.5 and 8.5 wide of 990v5. The wide is super wide! My foot is slightly on the wide side but not enough to get wide shoes. The 8.5 regular width fits perfectly.

Doubt you’ll get a snug fit on 990v5. They’re just wide and bulky in general. Try 990v3. I think they’re narrower and will give you that more snug fit.

They sometimes reject pairs if it's missing something...paper, hang tag, laces or even a damaged box. Did they specify they thought they were fake?
I just read the case details and it says the shoes were "more worn than stated/shown within the listing."

So they're not saying they're fake.

Which still baffles me because they were listed as brand new and the only thing I did was try on the right shoe on carpet floors a couple times to see if they fit...which I even stated within the listing. There's no marks, creases or scuffs of any kind. The left shoe is still wrapped up in paper. They weren't listed as deadstock.

The size 11.5 I sold is the exact same way and I'll wager right now that they pass inspection with a different authenticator.

I’m normally a size 9 in Nikes. I ordered a size 8.5 and 8.5 wide of 990v5. The wide is super wide! My foot is slightly on the wide side but not enough to get wide shoes. The 8.5 regular width fits perfectly.

Doubt you’ll get a snug fit on 990v5. They’re just wide and bulky in general. Try 990v3. I think they’re narrower and will give you that more snug fit.
I went a whole size down from my nike size. They fit better than the normal .5 down i do from my nike size. Crazy this is the only NB model I had to go down 1 full size.

My outlet had a pair of 993s that I wanted, but only had one pair left in stock, which was a full sz down from my normal size (shoe was a 12, I’m a 13), when I tried em on, they felt fine…
Outlets get those? My outlet has nothing. One time they had a 990v5 behind the counter but it was retail. Probably a return.

Outlets get those? My outlet has nothing. One time they had a 990v5 behind the counter but it was retail. Probably a return.
Outlets used to have tons of 99xs, used to be cheap too… nearest one to me is pretty hit more miss anymore. I don’t go too often because it’s about an hour away from me, and there’s no real other reason for me to go over there besides outlets.

The 993 that I got, I had to ask, and he told me what he had in the back. Doesn’t hurt to ask the employees.

I know this is a longshot but have an extra pair of the Salehe 990v2 Sand Be The Time in a size 9.5 that I'd love to trade for the BDGA 9060 Age of Discovery in a size 10.

Received the SBTT 990V2s today. These things are BEAUTIFUL. Looking back at all the new releases that I purchased in 2022, these are my favorite of all brands. I rank these as Salehe’s best work.

91F7350A-C541-49F6-8FB0-3183D0F4CEC0.jpeg

Glamour shot soon! Lol

My Top 5 NBs of 2022 (that I purchased):
1. Salehe 990V2s
2. Kith X UA 990V4s
3. Vegan Grey 990V5s
4. UA-esque 2002Rs
5. Incense 2002Rs

Honorable Mention:
- Refined Future Indigo 2002Rs

*The Miami Drive 990V3s and Sage JFG 993s would be included if I had purchased them lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom