Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Just got these in...

Strange that they say "CM/CW" means custom made and some kind of collab. I dont find that to be true at all. There's tons of GRs with that prefix, and was pointed out to me before that it likely stands for Classic Men's and Classic Women's.
It does indeed stand for custom made. CM998SNFs are a recent example. However, when a shoe has a collaborator's name in it, such as the Hanon 1500s, putting CM on the front is redundant. The CM tag was used before the era of blogs and instant info to let customers know in store that the shoes they were buying were exclusive. Size's info is correct, if somewhat antiquated. 

Last edited:
I think they'll look really good with jeans, but they would be really tough to pull off with shorts.
Haha I love the brogue style myself, I would easily rock these with shorts or some khaki pants too, I guess I'm the only excited one in this thread for them, good :smile:

order from End on 5/19 and got them yesterday.

I've 1400BE and they run similar.
What bums me out is that when I got to the website after I saw the post here, the last 10.5 was sold out :/, I thought they said they were dropping on 6/1, how did you know about it yourself?

Haha I love the brogue style myself, I would easily rock these with shorts or some khaki pants too, I guess I'm the only excited one in this thread for them, good :smile:
Haha nah bro, you'll have another 10.5er to worry about :wink:

oh damn...there goes my size.

anyone knows who will stock these on 6/1 in state?
As of now, most places that I've tried to contact have basically said "we are not sure, check back closer to 6/1", It's a week a way, jeez, I feel like they might get the mojito treatment where they randomly showed up at US shops weeks after

As of now, most places that I've tried to contact have basically said "we are not sure, check back closer to 6/1", It's a week a way, jeez, I feel like they might get the mojito treatment where they randomly showed up at US shops weeks after

thanks bro...I checked a couple stores in my area as well, nobody knows so far either.

mad that I missed the END drop :smh:

Last edited:
It does indeed stand for custom made. CM998SNFs are a recent example. However, when a shoe has a collaborator's name in it, such as the Hanon 1500s, putting CM on the front is redundant. The CM tag was used before the era of blogs and instant info to let customers know in store that the shoes they were buying were exclusive. Size's info is correct, if somewhat antiquated. 
please explain to me why there are a bunch of non-collabs/GRs that start with CM. there's a ton of em. here's one to start with.

Back
Top Bottom