Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

i've been lurking this thread for a few months now and i gotta say...i think this is the most helpful thread on NT. everyone down to help one another, no flaming, only a few dumb comments, just a bunch of ppl that appreciate NB's trying to help one another out.

thnx to everyone
QFT

Thanks to those that posted the YCMC link to the 999 elites a few weeks ago. Was able to grab the China Blues for only $85 shipped. They are my first pair of NBs and definitely not my last.

QFT

Thanks to those that posted the YCMC link to the 999 elites a few weeks ago. Was able to grab the China Blues for only $85 shipped. They are my first pair of NBs and definitely not my last.

awesome pickup for that price! :D

damn illistic just solidified my next purchase with those pics.. always loved the colorway but you just sold me

I think I will be picking up some more 1300s in the near future, their are so many colors that I want

I forgot to post this info a few weeks ago, but was reminded by an IG post today.  If you live near Hibbett's Sports, check 'em out b/c they have 580s on sale for dumb cheap.  I saw that price for the all gray joints and couldn't help but laugh at online spots selling them for $100.  There's also an all crimson red pair (CM580CR) not pictured that was also $34.99.  

Would you guys correlate that the higher the number, the more comfortable the shoes are?  I am looking to purchase my first pair of New Balances and was looking at the 1300s, 1400s, 1500s, 1600s, 1700s.  Would you compare these shoes to the comfort as the Nike Free Runs or Air Max 95s/97s..etc?  Also, are they all true to size?  I'm a 10.5 normally but I can fit in 10s in Nike Engineered Mesh and need 11s in Nike Free Runs. Thanks!

No, its already been discussed where the numbers come from (read through the thread), and it has nothing to do with comfort. Comfort is subjective anyways. As for your air max's- those numbers are the year they came out originally, and even though the 95s came way after the 87's or 90s, they aren't as comfortable to me (and that could be since they all are made from about the same quality nowadays versus the older models where the technology and innovation were progressing).
Well, the reason why I mentioned numbers for New Balance, the higher the number corresponds to more "technology" in the shoe...is that correct?  I would assume more tech would usually result into a more comfortable shoe.  For instance, I am wearing a Jordan 3 Retro right now, and I can tell you the soles is hard as a rock vs. a pair of newer basketball shoes (i.e. hyperdunks, kd v, etc)

well, you're Jordan 3's (assuming theyre a recent retro) are not made the same way as they were in '88 (different materials and methods for sure). Also, those numbers aren't in relation to technology (directly at least). They used to be used to show the price point (divide the model number by 10 and that's what they would sell for). Although, the fact that the higher numbers relate to higher price point- it would seem like there would be more technology and innovation put into the model.
Then between the 999, 1400 and 1700, which model would you consider the best bang for the buck...or rate comfort wise from 1-10?  

Everytime someone post a pair of 996db a small part of me dies.
laugh.gif
 If anyone and I mean anyone ever comes across a pair in size 7; please PM me.

Then between the 999, 1400 and 1700, which model would you consider the best bang for the buck...or rate comfort wise from 1-10?  
id def agree with Nowitz and say 1700, one of my favs in comfort outta those 3

Last edited:
1700s would be your best bet if they're gonna be used for running. If they're just for casual wear- then all 3 would suffice, they are all comfortable shoes. But my 999's aren't the best on my feet because of the lack of arch support
I appreciate your response.  I will most likely use it for casual walking...all day walking at Disneyland or something =)  I have my Lunarglides and Flyknits that I use for running.  

I am torn between the 1700 Beauty & Youth, 1400 Invincible, and 999 Elites.  I would like to cop all 3 but seeing how many shoes I have in the closet..it scares me that I have enough through my afterlife.

Last edited:
I appreciate your response.  I will most likely use it for casual walking...all day walking at Disneyland or something =)  I have my Lunarglides and Flyknits that I use for running.  

I am torn between the 1700 Beauty & Youth, 1400 Invincible, and 999 Elites.  I would like to cop all 3 but seeing how many shoes I have in the closet..it scares me that I have enough through my afterlife.

1700s are amazing, so good and I'm looking to pick up the 1400 pair too but you won't be disappointed either way

No, its already been discussed where the numbers come from (read through the thread), and it has nothing to do with comfort. Comfort is subjective anyways. As for your air max's- those numbers are the year they came out originally, and even though the 95s came way after the 87's or 90s, they aren't as comfortable to me (and that could be since they all are made from about the same quality nowadays versus the older models where the technology and innovation were progressing).
Well, the reason why I mentioned numbers for New Balance, the higher the number corresponds to more "technology" in the shoe...is that correct?  I would assume more tech would usually result into a more comfortable shoe.  For instance, I am wearing a Jordan 3 Retro right now, and I can tell you the soles is hard as a rock vs. a pair of newer basketball shoes (i.e. hyperdunks, kd v, etc)

Bro when it comes to discussing comfort, poorly made jordan 3s shouldn't be compared to anything. The recent retros are the equivalent to wearing stylish rocks on your feet when it comes to comfort.

Also more/newer tech doesn't always equal more comfort

anyone have the sites the invincibles are dropping at? i knwo footpatrol has them but only instore 
Anybody getting NB Invincible?
i know caliroots is getting them. Here's the link. Price is pretty steep, but I'm not too sure where you'd be able to cop anywhere else. These are apparently super limited, and the shipment caliroots got is limited so be lightning quick fellow NB heads!

http://caliroots.com/sfd/product.asp?id=42173

Back
Top Bottom