Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

There's no rain & the sun is out in that picture. No need for waterproof anything.
I disagree with this completely. Rain or shine wet or dry it’s always wise to protect suede with some kind of repellent spray. Especially given how expensive these made in USA and UK are. Prolonged lifespan of the material is key. Plus it makes them easier to clean later on.

snow boots
C6AD7C24-16E8-44DE-8333-059D05C558F0.jpeg
🔥 pair! That gorgeous brown suede has to be protected. I recommend Saphir, Reshoevn8r, and Jason Markk. If you haven’t already done it.

I disagree with this completely. Rain or shine wet or dry it’s always wise to protect suede with some kind of repellent spray. Especially given how expensive these made in USA and UK are. Prolonged lifespan of the material is key. Plus it makes them easier to clean later on.

The convo you're jumping into is about waterproof not protecting suede. He asked specifically if they were waterproof.

Much more snug than a V6. I've a wide foot so I love the V6, I'm curious how the 1906 will hold up during a full day of wear.
I find it funny people are saying this about the v6s. I find them narrow especially around the last lace hole, across the top of the foot. I don't think they're wide friendly at all personally. I think people size down due to the length, not the width.

I find it funny people are saying this about the v6s. I find them narrow especially around the last lace hole, across the top of the foot. I don't think they're wide friendly at all personally. I think people size down due to the length, not the width.

def not a shoe what I would consider wide foot friendly, but they do break in to the point where I don't feel pinching.

Used to be the same way with suede sneakers and eventually I told myself if I am worried bout gettin them dirty, then I’ll never wear em.

Now I am jus like “EFF it” jus wear them ish’s and enjoy them life is too friggin short. I mean if it’s cold and snowing then nahhh I’ll wear my leather sneakers at that time but other than that ish whatever.

I think a lot of people think this is true because of Seinfeld. Suede is just the flesh side of the leather, so there's nothing special about it. If it gets wet, let it dry and hit it with a suede brush.
I know this to be true because of my own personal experience. A couple of drops won’t kill you, (depending on the shoe) but would I wear suede shoes in the snow or rain? Nah. That’s Foamposite weather. I’ve had colored suede bleed into mesh after getting wet. But to each their own.

I know this to be true because of my own personal experience. A couple of drops won’t kill you, (depending on the shoe) but would I wear suede shoes in the snow or rain? Nah. That’s Foamposite weather. I’ve had colored suede bleed into mesh after getting wet. But to each their own.
💯 I'd pick something more appropriate for the weather

i might be jinxing myself but, i live in michigan and i never use repellent on anything. i used to but it makes them more difficult to clean long term in my opinion/experience. I've also never had to deal with salt staining or damaged suede outside of pairs i intentionally allowed to be trashed. Planning has been enough to keep my suede sneakers in good shape on the occasion i break them out during the rainy or winter months. If it's light rain or light snow and the ground isn't super slushy or muddy or lots of standing water/puddles, i feel confident i can take my kicks out and get them back home in once piece.

This is the way.

It's not about babying your shoes b/c I wear everything I purchase. It's more about protecting the materials and making them easier to clean. I give every shoe a spray-down before I wear them, down to the sockliner and outsole.

Auralee's use of blues is very good. The 1906s were good and that new set looks very nice.

Count me in for the grey jjjjs when they release, which I hope is soon so I can wear them in this trash weather and have some fun lol.

Back
Top Bottom