Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

@perks  not sure if it's just the lighting in the DJ AM video, but the red on those 576s looks much nicer than the red on the recent Nordstrom release, plus although it's pretty much the same colour blocking, I like them with the white laces, though that's clearly a pretty simple lace swap. 

Should be arriving this week.

devil.gif
papi
If they're the ones in that ebay link they look legit....Probably a jcrew employee bought a bunch with the employee discount and isnt trying to rape people for them

Who did it better,  JC x NB or these Asics Gel Sagas?

My vote is for the 998, but neither pair is really for me.

Last edited:
perks perks , that's the exact comparison I was thinking of also. I think I'm leaning towards the 998 on who did it better, but I do like that brighter green/teal pop on the Sagas.

@perks  not sure if it's just the lighting in the DJ AM video, but the red on those 576s looks much nicer than the red on the recent Nordstrom release, plus although it's pretty much the same colour blocking, I like them with the white laces, though that's clearly a pretty simple lace swap. 
I haven't seen either pair in person.  But yeah, looks pretty close.  Seems like the only difference is that the Nordstroms are Made in USA and Mars' pair is Made in England. Can't go wrong either way.

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm sure the quality of the shoe will be great. But the shape of the shoe, not so much.

I haven't seen either pair in person.  But yeah, looks pretty close.  Seems like the only difference is that the Nordstroms are Made in USA and Mars' pair is Made in England. Can't go wrong either way.
For the last 10 years or so Ive been into NBs, 576s are mostly the UK equivalence of the 574s. While the US mostly stopped producing the 574s until the customs, the 576s were mostly still made in UK.

I have seen and tried on both US and UK versions (I own several made in UK ones). I cant speak for the toe shape, but I think the UK576s are still a bit better than the US576s in terms of construction and material. Also, at $160, the US576 costs just about as much as the UK ones, if not more.

One thing I do wish they put back on the UK576s which they have on the US ones are the mesh. I live in California and without the mesh the shoes gets a little stuffy.

I personally also think the 576's are more than several notches more superior then the 574's in terms of materials, build etc...

My 576's are suede or leather, but the mesh would make it even more breathable. You'll get cold toes in the late fall/winters if you're in colder climates lol.

Alright this is somewhat new balance related just not sure where too post it. So I bought a pair of new balances from this guy he said they were flawless and only worn a couple times when I got them I immediately filed a claim because they were far from flawless. I sent then back with a tracking got marked as deliverer and I got my money back. But a few days ago they got sent too my house cause I guess they left him a note too get them and he never got them so they sent them back too me. But the guy didn't contact me saying he never got them. So should I call PayPal and let them know or just keep them and hope the guy never files a claim against me. Any help would he awesome or if this bus again ts the rules please point me in the right direction where I can get some answers. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom