Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I probably missed it but how do the 1600s fit? I wear normally a tight 8.5 in New Balance. So if these run a little tight, I'm going to go up to 9. Thanks in advance. 
i went with tts and they fit perfect and i have regular feet 

Those look so nice. Gonna have to pick some up as soon as J Crew offers any kind of sale, which isn't very often unfortunately.
Thanks man. Just so you know I think J.crew recently raised the price on all their nb's by $10 unfortunately. I bought my 998's for $120 with the student discount when retail was $140. Now the website says all nb's are $150 for both the 1400 and 998 styles.

For anyone looking for a good deal. Jcrew has 40% off sale items and so you could get either the cranberry or blue sky 1400s for $72. Sizes are 10.5 and up though or else I would of snagged the blue colorway.

FTL or FNL carries a product now that says it removes denim stains. I haven't used it, I use jason markk if that doesnt work you may want to pick it up.
Good looking out - Jason Markk seems to be a worthwhile investment for the $15 kit...  I've heard Jason Markk mentioned positively a number of times lately, I'll definitely give it a try - thanks!

Jason Markk IS the only cleaning solution I use outside of soap and water. Hands down!

^Yes. They have a "suede brush" or premium brush, It will take some color if overscrubbed but used sparingly it seems to work well. I used to use diluted dishsoap but JM is easier on materials and it even smells good.

It also lasts, you only need a few drops to get a good "lather". Matter of fact I am going to pick up some more today to ensure I have enough to scrub the dust from my shoes in Bahrain :tongue:

If you are in 757 my boy Chris at Sole Brother just got a bunch more in, and if you are military I believe he gives a discount. Money well spent.

Last edited:
Going to New York later this week...any recommendations on shops to hit? And does the NY New Balance store carry a good selection of classics?

Last edited:
lets not derail the thread peeps, keep it NB
Going to New York later this week...any recommendations on shops to hit? And does the NY New Balance store carry a good selection of classics?
They have a pretty solid selection, hit up West NYC, Flight Club, Extra Butter (Long Island), Packer Shoes (New Jersey), New Balance NY, Vault, Premium Goods, Reed Space, Rime, Goliath, theres a few more i just cant think of em right now

edit: Atmos, Kixclusive

Last edited:
lets not derail the thread peeps, keep it NB

They have a pretty solid selection, hit up West NYC, Flight Club, Extra Butter (Long Island), Packer Shoes (New Jersey), New Balance NY, Vault, Premium Goods, Reed Space, Rime, Goliath, theres a few more i just cant think of em right now

Repped, thank you sir

Some recent NB wears from me:

Hoping the Toothpastes keep holding up alright, a few people I know who own them have their soles are starting to come away from the upper, 
ohwell.gif
Nice to see you here on the NB thread, fellow redditor.
where'd you get the denim 996 gtfan? so nice
My local shop, Kick Theory, had a recent restock. They've sold out since.
I see nothing wrong with the pinroll cuff. Just like gt stated it compliments the kicks your wearing and prevents the suede to get those annoying denim stain. I do this as well when I wear runners with light suede.  
I've been trying it out with a bunch of different runners recently. It seems to work with almost all of them.
What do you guys think about $196 for 998gnr ds?
Kith had them for $172 shipped when they received their stock, so $24 more than that seems reasonable.
On the topic of Indigo stains - anyone have a good way of getting rid of them?  I broke out my West NYC's for the first time the other day and literally left my jeans unrolled for an hour without thinking about it and of course - blue stain.  I'll live with it, but would really like to have it gone.  Any suggestions?
I had some pretty bad indigo stains on my 999 SEALs, but after plenty of scrubbing with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, most of it came out. After scrubbing, suede tends to get a bit stiff and coarse. If this happens, just give it time and use a suede brush to soften it up.

yeah, pinroll cuff is where it's at. need a slim bottom pant and you're good to go. don't forget the no-show socks

so i ordered the 1600 and for some reason, i feel like i'm going to be disappointed with them. don't know why

yeah, pinroll cuff is where it's at. need a slim bottom pant and you're good to go. don't forget the no-show socks

so i ordered the 1600 and for some reason, i feel like i'm going to be disappointed with them. don't know why
I doubt you'll be disappointed, unless it's your first 1600. The materials are nice, and the colorway works extremely well. Granted, if you hate the model, that's not going to help, but I think it was executed quite well.

Anyone know how much the fingercroxx nb's will be sold for at regular sneaker shops (not Kith)??

Keeping my eyes peeled for those Fingercroxx, might be my last pickup for a bit, it's been a crazy month.

just got the burn rubber 580 from few years ago at htown sneaker summit in a trade for mu af1 supremes and $20. superstoked. basically they cost me less than original retail

Back
Top Bottom