Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Well if ya'll still want the UBIQ I just called the Millenium Shoe store in Inglewood and he said they still have a size 10 & 13. And they are taking phone order. The number is (310) 590-1244.. Good luck.

How do they fit..?

JWOLFE- The 998 GNRs were released last year in smaller numbers and are somewhat of a classic colorway. Now that they have been re-released again, you definitely shouldn't be paying $240, and I don't really know anybody who is paying that. If you do a little research, you should be able to get them for retail or less.
Thank you. I was asking with regards to knowing places that sell them for 160 still. I was just wondering if I missed something lol. I actually work at Urban Outfitters and we have them on backorder anyways, so with my discount I'd get them cheaper then anyone anywhere :wink: I was using that price quote from ebay listings I saw.  

Thank you. I was asking with regards to knowing places that sell them for 160 still. I was just wondering if I missed something lol. I actually work at Urban Outfitters and we have them on backorder anyways, so with my discount I'd get them cheaper then anyone anywhere :wink: I was using that price quote from ebay listings I saw.  

hook us up with your UO discount, bro :wink:

And how do those fit for those without 1600s?
they fit slightly big - I'd go TTS or if you have to size a 1/2 down... picked up a size 10 today from CNCPTS - I'm TTS 10.5 and the 10 fits me fine... it's crazy though that retail on these was $170 - I assumed they were made in the USA, but they're Vietnam made...

Apparently the materials used were of the same quality as the usa/uk made ones, which explains the price. Still waiting to receive mine in the post, interested to see the quality and execution
they fit slightly big - I'd go TTS or if you have to size a 1/2 down... picked up a size 10 today from CNCPTS - I'm TTS 10.5 and the 10 fits me fine... it's crazy though that retail on these was $170 - I assumed they were made in the USA, but they're Vietnam made...

Apparently the materials used were of the same quality as the usa/uk made ones, which explains the price. Still waiting to receive mine in the post, interested to see the quality and execution
Yeah but they were still produced in Asia, making them cost a whole lot cheaper than a made in USA/UK pair. The fact is these probably cost about $5 to make where a USA pair will cost like $20 to because of the labor differences. Meanwhile they retailed for higher than most USA or UK pairs. Something's just not right about that.

I just find it very ironic that a shoe based on Ben Franklin and patriotism in general is made in Asia despite being produced by one of the last shoe companies to have US factories. Pretty sure Mr. Franklin would not be too pleased about that if he was alive today.

Getting pretty sick of all the collabs being made in Asia lately. I know it takes a lot longer to get a USA/UK collab but, personally I'd gladly wait to get one their rather than Asia. I'm pretty sure any NB fan would agree USA/UK>Asia in terms of shape and craftsmanship.

Yeah but they were still produced in Asia, making them cost a whole lot cheaper than a made in USA/UK pair. The fact is these probably cost about $5 to make where a USA pair will cost like $20 to because of the labor differences. Meanwhile they retailed for higher than most USA or UK pairs. Something's just not right about that.

I just find it very ironic that a shoe based on Ben Franklin and patriotism in general is made in Asia despite being produced by one of the last shoe companies to have US factories. Pretty sure Mr. Franklin would not be too pleased about that if he was alive today.

Getting pretty sick of all the collabs being made in Asia lately. I know it takes a lot longer to get a USA/UK collab but, personally I'd gladly wait to get one their rather than Asia. I'm pretty sure any NB fan would agree USA/UK>Asia in terms of shape and craftsmanship.
yea..agree usa/uk > asia...this the 1 new 996(down) ,the shape just look like 574
sick.gif

yea no doubt the USA and UK models are far superior. I paid $260 nzd for mine which is normal for a made in asia collab where as made in uk/usa goes for $300-350 nzd and when you convert that to usd its way more than what you guys pay. Definitely agree would be far better to have collabs made in usa/uk

How much is a decent price for Salmon Sole's nowadays? Also if anyone can lead me to a size 9.5 or a 10 will be appreciated.

Mods, apologize if I am breaking any rules. Please delete if necessary.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom