Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Ion think I'm in that one but I'll join it. Welcome to VA, hope you enjoy your stay though.
Been here 15 years, just on a deployment till March. VA is aight....just wish Cmon still showed us love instead of all going to DC. We do have that other spot, but thats about it for us.

I received my 999 Barber Shop today. Now I know why I don't like Asia made New Balance. While they are a nice shoe, they are clearly inferior to U.S. & U.K. shoes. I wonder how nicer this should would have been if they were made in the U.S. Does the 999 get made here often or is this model usually made in Asia?
They havent made a 999 in the US for quite some time. I had heard rumors they may start again. I would love that, I def like the 999 silo. I just dont like the paint chipping and Im sure if they were made in US, the toe would be nicer 

Yup. The materials and shape on the dunks got bad, those tiff highs are terrible IMHO. I think my last SB cop was skunks or SOLs. For the most part I only copped a couple blue boxes and just noticed creativity and materials were done. Then they put out some simple stuff but with crap materials...I still dig SBs but its gonna take better than a tiff high to wow me. Ill just rock the older stuff I have.

As for materials, esp with the newer releases, I think the US mades are hands down the best. Better than UK made IMO. There are def differences in materials depending on model and manufacture. I would say yout typical finishline asian made 574 you wont be wow'd with the quality. I have a few friends that have recently gotten more into checking NB and they almost always pick an asian 574 or 999 and tell me yeah, your right quality is so much better. Placebo effect.  I tell them to stop being scurred of the pricepoint and get a US made shoe, like a 998. leaps and bounds. Not that I dont like asian made GRs too, its just nowhere near a US/UK made in terms of quality.
splurged on 997s a couple weeks ago and first night I almost wanted to sleep in them 
nerd.gif
 then I sold a pair of Js just to afford another pair
roll.gif

also, welcome back soon!

I feel like an elitist snob for saying this, but everytime I hear of someone jumping on board with runners who mainly has SBs or Jordans makes me seriously fear for the future of runners. No shots at anyone. Jordans have legit just about ruined purchasing sneakers online or in real life. 

I feel like an elitist snob for saying this, but everytime I hear of someone jumping on board with runners who mainly has SBs or Jordans makes me seriously fear for the future of runners. No shots at anyone. Jordans have legit just about ruined purchasing sneakers online or in real life. 
I feel the same way.

I apologize for mentioning I sold one pair of expensive shoes I wasn't feeling that much so I could grab a second pair of a different expensive shoe I actually enjoyed. My intention was to reinforce the statements on quality and worth of $200 made-in-usa sneakers

I didn't mean to ruin runners for you or anyone else in here, but don't be so quick to judge what you don't know fully

I apologize for mentioning I sold one pair of expensive shoes I wasn't feeling that much so I could grab a second pair of a different expensive shoe I actually enjoyed. My intention was to reinforce the statements on quality and worth of $200 made-in-usa sneakers

I didn't mean to ruin runners for you or anyone else in here, but don't be so quick to judge what you don't know fully
honestly, I don't think it was a jab at you just an ill timed comment, aka you mentioned you selling a pair and he commented... what I like about this thread is people's curiosity to why we like new balance, you spend 1/3 of your life on your feet, why not have comfy kicks.

I own 2 jordans, 3rd one would be the space jam, if I can get a decent price or the next retro, other than that, runner shoes are comfortable, you can pull them off with many styles 

this is very interesting. Don't be so quick to judge? the irony here is palpable... I clearly stated in my post: no shots at anyone. I literally was not taking any shots at anyone. It was meant generally speaking. 

Last edited:

It's an interesting quote and something I've thought about as well (I'm 32 and have loved shoes all my life, both early Jordans and runners).  Ultimately I think it's just a matter of time.  New people are finding sneakers/shoes every day, and the people that were already in aren't leaving that quickly.  Combine that with the fact that a lot of people that started on Jordans back in the 80s and 90s have grown up and may have moved onto runners and you've got an industry that is growing rapidly.

It's started with Jordans, SBs,  and Lebrons and it will move into runners.  My opinion is that it's inevitable, but it doesn't make it any less fun.  It just means it's harder to find people you enjoy sharing the hobby with, and that you better make some connections now for shoes as it will only get harder in the next few years.  

Been here 15 years, just on a deployment till March. VA is aight....just wish Cmon still showed us love instead of all going to DC. We do have that other spot, but thats about it for us.

O lmao my bad then. What other spot you talking about? I just know about cmon.

Great discussion guys but lets not jump on anyone. While i was on the Js and SBs for a while, I eventually fell in LOVE w New Balance the brand. Here is why, I got so freakin sick of the horrible quality and material that Jordans are made of today as well as a lot of nike retros (just go look at the new air tech challenge lavas and if you don't puke immediately then you have a problem). I chose to move to new balance because of the quality, I dont care how many shoes I own, its all about the quality and build for me as well as customer service. Another thing to point out to those of you who are afraid of others coming into this circle (mainly hypebeasts), I think that the Ronnie Fieg fanboys are drawing in people as well with all those limited and hyped releases. I just pray to God that they dont catch onto new balance just for the sake of hype. QUALITY OVER QUANTITY. **** JORDAN BRAND

The only think jordan brand I bought last year was 88 retro 3s and nike air shadows 1s and bk toes. Rest of releases were ghetto garbage that ghetto kids here in houston rock daily. I like the fact that no one rocks new balances here in houston so I can stand out a bit

I received my 999 Barber Shop today. Now I know why I don't like Asia made New Balance. While they are a nice shoe, they are clearly inferior to U.S. & U.K. shoes. I wonder how nicer this should would have been if they were made in the U.S. Does the 999 get made here often or is this model usually made in Asia?
They havent made a 999 in the US for quite some time. I had heard rumors they may start again. I would love that, I def like the 999 silo. I just dont like the paint chipping and Im sure if they were made in US, the toe would be nicer 
I'm a fan of the 999, the blue suede 999 Elite was the pair that got me into NB. I had a pair of 993s previously, but so does everybody. I personally think the quality on those is pretty good, but you guys probably know a lot more than I do. 

Last edited:
okay guys i've reached my breaking point. 

been all over the place searching for one of these guys in a size 10 

Its the J. Crew x New Balance 1400. 

I've tried to get through to j. crew with no luck. 

anybody know where i can snag a pair?

thank you 

tyler

okay guys i've reached my breaking point. 

been all over the place searching for one of these guys in a size 10 

Its the J. Crew x New Balance 1400. 

I've tried to get through to j. crew with no luck. 

anybody know where i can snag a pair?

thank you 

tyler
I've had the same problem, size 9 no where to be found. All sold out online and in-store according to j.crew. Regretting I slept on these. Hoping for a restock like the Pebble Blues. I think we just have to keep an eye out. PM if anyone has any leads on a 9. Thanks.

Last edited:

I'm had the same problem size 9 no where to be found. All sold out online and in-store according to j.crew. Regretting I slept on these. Hoping for a restock like the Pebble Blues. I think we just have to keep an eye out. PM if anyone has any leads on a 9. Thanks.
ill keep my eyes open for you dude. 

yeah ive been emailing j.crew, they have told me no restock to be had with these guys. 

Back
Top Bottom