Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I just ordered these at kickzstore for $75 shipped. This will be my first NB and I'm really excited guys.

Last edited:
You'll never see me anywhere near a pair of 993's or the newer 990's. no good. 
Don't step foot in DC then, you'll be swimming in a wave of 993's... the DMV has always been ahead of the curve with runners. You'll come around...

Last edited:
998's retail for $160, but since it's a JCREW exclusive that $160 is now overpriced...aye... the logic these days. Cat's passing on a quality sneaker at retail saying it's overpriced, yet won't blink at blowing over $400 bux towards a pair of poo slapped sneakers because of hype and limited availability. 
sick.gif

Different strokes... all fine and good, but trying to justify you don't like something because the retail is too "high" is ridiculous in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited:
I've been lookin to grab the Pebbles for a minute now, where might one find this one hundred and sixty dollar pair? Edit- last time I checked they weren't on Jcrews site but lo and behold, there they are

Last edited:
998's retail for $160, but since it's a JCREW exclusive that $160 is now overpriced...aye... the logic these days. Cat's passing on a quality sneaker at retail saying it's overpriced, yet won't blink at blowing over $400 bux towards a pair of poo slapped sneakers because of hype and limited availability. :x  

Different strokes... all fine and good, but trying to justify you don't like something because the retail is too "high" is ridiculous in the grand scheme of things.
I get what people are saying in terms of the price of the pebble blues. These have been around for a couple years. Any new balance that has been on a shelf that long would have gone on sale a long time ago. At this point anyone who doesnt have them is not gonna pay that price for a sneaker that every average joe can go cop. I woyld even pay $100 bucks for a pair but not $160 . I can just keep my cash and wait on a release that's special. Anybody can call and walk into a jcrew store and cop them that takes away from the "exclusivity" which is what people lije to pay for. I remember seeing the owner of burn rubber with these a couple years ago so paying full price for an old release is a bit much.

Bottom line is, JCrew knows the Pebble Blue's popularity. It sold out a number of times last year at the full retail price, so why would they drop the price? I actually might scoop myself a second pair this week. My first pair is getting pretty worn.

Don't step foot in DC then, you'll be swimming in a wave of 993's... the DMV has always been ahead of the curve with runners. You'll come around...
I wouldnt go that far. 498's, 993's, and 574's maybe- but that's about it when it comes to runners and DMV being ahead of the curve.

I get what people are saying in terms of the price of the pebble blues. These have been around for a couple years. Any new balance that has been on a shelf that long would have gone on sale a long time ago. At this point anyone who doesnt have them is not gonna pay that price for a sneaker that every average joe can go cop. I woyld even pay $100 bucks for a pair but not $160 . I can just keep my cash and wait on a release that's special. Anybody can call and walk into a jcrew store and cop them that takes away from the "exclusivity" which is what people lije to pay for. I remember seeing the owner of burn rubber with these a couple years ago so paying full price for an old release is a bit much.
Now you're just talking nonsense. People were on these for the quality, as far as the simple color way. Nobody in this thread gave a crap about the 'exclusivity'. They also released Jan/2013. @140. They restocked twice, this being the third I believe. That's due to, as stated above, the popularity. The beauty in being a JCREW exclusive is that they can restock them due to popular demand. These haven't been as you stated a shoe thats been rotting on the shelf... If you followed or were on NB earlier then possibly, when the Inferno's released or KITH's reissue of the 998BR, you'd realize tons of folks here waited months for these to come back, constantly calling and asking JCREW about it. The demand brought them back. Popular 1400's and 998's from JCREW get restocked or reissued, whatever one might want to call it. Crap color ways come and go on discount and are never seen again, just as any GR NB that's not well received. 

You're in a thread where we drop 200 bucks on a 'boring gray or navy shoe' that you 'can walk into any NB account store to cop'... and that's because the value is on the quality, the simplistic, timeless nature of the color ways, the fit and comfort... not the hype beast flavor of the week.

Here's GTFAN's old review on the Pebble Blue's for those who might not be familiar with them. Also a note, JCREW's website product pictures are the worse... scan through this thread's galleries of old members' photos of on feet, such as @denniscu  who has taken a host of awesome shots of a lot of past JCREW pickups.

Last edited:
Now you're just talking nonsense. People were on these for the quality, as far as the simple color way. Nobody in this thread gave a crap about the 'exclusivity'. They also released Jan/2013. @140. They restocked twice, this being the third I believe. That's due to, as stated above, the popularity. The beauty in being a JCREW exclusive is that they can restock them due to popular demand. These haven't been as you stated a shoe thats been rotting on the shelf... If you followed or were on NB earlier then possibly, when the Inferno's released or KITH's reissue of the 998BR, you'd realize tons of folks here waited months for these to come back, constantly calling and asking JCREW about it. The demand brought them back. Popular 1400's and 998's from JCREW get restocked or reissued, whatever one might want to call it. Crap color ways come and go on discount and are never seen again, just as any GR NB that's not well received. 

You're in a thread where we drop 200 bucks on a 'boring gray or navy shoe' that you 'can walk into any NB account store to cop'... and that's because the value is on the quality, the simplistic, timeless nature of the color ways, the fit and comfort... not the hype beast flavor of the week.

Here's GTFAN's old review on the Pebble Blue's for those who might not be familiar with them. Also a note, JCREW's website product pictures are the worse... scan through this thread's galleries of old members' photos of on feet, such as @denniscu
 who has taken a host of awesome shots of a lot of past JCREW pickups.

I think jcrew produced massive amounts of these and mask it as a restock or reissue. The quality on the 998 bt is just as good as pebbles or most us made 998's. Its a dope shoe for sure but $160 is a pass for me I walked into a jcrew in my area and tried them on and when they said full price I left them sitting there. That same pair is still there. I would rather drop $160/170 on a cnote that I know won't reissue or restock a year and half after release.your opinion is yours and I have mine if they drop the price I will purchase if not oh well

I agree with @TeivLite. Pebbles are a beautiful shoe and i'm kinda glad they're not exclusive collabs. If they were they would've sold out with the quickness and only be available for rape prices on Ebay . C-notes for example. I dont go after a pair because they're exclusive. I buy the shoe because i like the model, and colors. Jordan and nike been dropping re releases for decades and each time they're more expensive and crappier quality. But since they're all hyped releases no one complains. Instead people line up and camp out just so they can pay rape prices for a crappy shoe everyone and their grandmother will be rocking

I think jcrew produced massive amounts of these and mask it as a restock or reissue. The quality on the 998 bt is just as good as pebbles or most us made 998's. Its a dope shoe for sure but $160 is a pass for me I walked into a jcrew in my area and tried them on and when they said full price I left them sitting there. That same pair is still there. I would rather drop $160/170 on a cnote that I know won't reissue or restock a year and half after release.your opinion is yours and I have mine if they drop the price I will purchase if not oh well
funny thing is I have a jcrew credit card ans will not drop $160 for pebbles.rather wait for there fall/ winter 998 releases at full price

Back
Top Bottom