Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

When it comes to materials and craftsmanship, the 997GY is probably the best shoe I own. The only shoes I own with similar high-quality materials are the AdidasxBapexUndftd Campus (I have one pair of Vans that also has outstanding quality, but the materials are completely different so it's hard to compare them). I don't have the navy 997 (funnily I also didn't buy it because I own navy 998s like some others in here), so I can't judge them.

But if there's a chance of getting the 997gy for a good price, everyone should take it. I paid 200 Euros (retail over here) and they're more than worth it.

*edit*: The Hanon x Diadoras are also on par, forgot to mention them. :wink:

Last edited:
Good lord those 996's from the Author's Pack is down right beautiful!

I'd love to get them, but $240 is insane.

The whole pack has left a bad taste in my mouth with NB's exorbitant pricing.  

The 997PR is my favourite out of the GY and PR. Such a great and classy colour way. If these were a collab no one would be moaning about the price. The 996PR look great too, might have to try and cop them, although it seems they are disappearing pretty quickly too...

I can only recommend on what I own, being that I have so many 998s as it is, the 997 choice was a no brainer, the 998ch is nice too though, go on what you like but I don't own the 998ch as I feel the 997gy is great

Thanks for the input, I do really like how the 997GY looks, and I haven't heard anyone complain about quality or of anything. I will definitely own both pairs, just unsure which to get first.

Yeah I purchased the 998GR from Kelly's for $80 shipped. Road runner sports also has the same deal.

The 998GR is way too similar to the 997GY. At half the price, the 998GR was a no brainer

That 998GR is very nice, and for that price unreal. I have looked at that pair, but I think I like the 998CH more...but you're right, for that price, it's definitely worth reconsidering.

997s are much nicer. 

All I read regarding the 997 is nothing but praise. Decisions. Decisions.

Walter..

Just got my 997PR's in the mail from END and damn they are so fresh. Wouldn't hesitate on copping these if i were you. Just because they don't have a stores name on them as a collab they would easily pass as collab worthy to me. People don't have a problem paying 250+ for the concepts 998's ect

Cash outs NB's he wore for the concert tonight. 574's

I know it's not a fan favourite on this thread but I still give love to the GR china stuff. [emoji]128513[/emoji]

The 997s toebox is a little more narrow and the heel sits a little higher, hugging the back of the heel.
I'm a total pushover when it comes to premium materials, and these 997GY's look ridiculous.  My issue with some NB is I get some major heel slippage (narrow flat feet).  998's are great for me but I can't even wear my 1300's (USA, encap).  I even sized down, tried one of those adhesive anti heel slip things.  Keep rippin, STILL SLIPPIN.  ZERO lockdown for me.

http://www.newbalance.com/M1300.html#color=Grey_with_White_and_Blue

I wonder if the higher cut / ENCAP is the cause of this?

Back
Top Bottom