Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Nope, they're not! Well I hope the wife doesn't get too mad 
wink.gif
 post some pics when you have them in hand, and hopefully by then the rest of us have a chance to pick them up! I'm debating calling the stylist and seeing if I could order them.

anybody know that if the WEST NYC X 530 is going to be a boutique releases? 
END has them on their upcoming release schedule, so I imagine they'll be hitting all the regular spots in a matter of weeks! They were incredibly easy to cop on West so I doubt these will be a difficult pickup anywhere, there must've been quite a few made.

END has them on their upcoming release schedule, so I imagine they'll be hitting all the regular spots in a matter of weeks! They were incredibly easy to cop on West so I doubt these will be a difficult pickup anywhere, there must've been quite a few made.
Thank man, yeah i had slept pretty hard on those due to a wedding. 

Thanks for the info.

West NYCs will definitely hit boutiques, just like the 580s did. NB doesn't release stuff exclusive to one shop. At least not that I can think of anytime recently..

They'll definotely be around that price, which isn't outrageous considering the 997PRs were 260.

Ultramarines are meh. J Crew was on fire with their 998s, but those just aren't appealing to me.

Last edited:
ultramarines shipped. it is weird preordering blindly, but for $50 off, and a no-fuss return policy, why not. you figure someone out there would pay retail, so if you end up not liking them, you either make a quick $50, or pass them off for what you paid and make someone else really happy, or return them for just a few minutes of your time.
Sure sounds like you're trying to reassure yourself. Colour way not doing it for me, agree with some posters that these are the weakest 998 from jcrew so far

Nah for whatever reason people have a hard time understanding something you would think is common sense. The $50 off code applied to jcrew NBs for once. Some had the brains to apply it to a release that would come out long after the code expired. Best case scenario, get a nice release for only $110. Worst case return to store for full refund. No risk with potential for reward.

Someone says pay $100 and pick one of two boxes. Box A has $150, box B has $100. Do you walk away without picking a box? Or do you pay the $100 and take a chance between the two knowing the worst that can happen is you get $100 back? Jcrew doesn't even charge you until it ships so it's not even like you had $110 locked up on your card.

At this point all this talk about blindly preordering is a dead issue. Personally it makes no sense to do that without seeing the shoe but to each his own. Most did the preorder just to feel like they had a leg up on everyone and to have something to brag about and try to impress us in this thread.  At the end of the day who cares. Preoder away ala stevie wonder get back to biz on this thread and let it go about preordering ultramarines before seeing a pic.

Last edited:
In the spirit of letting folks spend their money how they see fit (ahem)... I went ahead and paid a few extra $$ for the starcows from tres bien on saturday. They arrived yesterday (3 business days Sweden to Philly) and the customs value was marked as 15.00. Def. a good look from Tres Bien on that--they also discount 20% VAT for non-eu customers. Couldn't find the 15% off newsletter promo that someone mentioned--so maybe they discontinued it. Anywho, I was too lazy to lace up both pair, but snapped some quick pics for y'all still on the fence. Overall, I'm really feeling the color scheme and materials-- the suede on the front reminds me of the tannery concept mint 998s-- super buttery... the toebox is pretty buttery as well. The insole has a nice digi camo print-- unexpected nice touch. The toebox is definitely elongated-- trying to figure out if its just the toebox/1500 or if the narrow cut of the lace holes makes the whole shoe more narrow and makes the toebox seem longer. The toebox just seems to have less lift than a 1500 and slightly flatter. If I get time I'll add pics of both together later on.

Last edited:
Opinions are like.....
Im pretty sure most of the cats I know who preordered are not trying to flex for attention. if they were they would be posting a lot more than a preordered Jcrew, trust me on that one. There are plenty releases lately that Im not feeling but cats are posting all excited. I could pick apart their decisions but that was never the vibe I got from this thread. Kind of a shame for people to start taking it there.

Cncpts 997 is dope but am I the only one who doesn't think they can pull off an all pink shoe? The orange one will be copped for sure though

Cncpts 997 is dope but am I the only one who doesn't think they can pull off an all pink shoe? The orange one will be copped for sure though
I like the pink more because it has different materials, but the all orange pair is a no go. I'm passing on both but interesting to see why they went with such below average selections for their collabs

Last edited:

I like the pink more because it has different materials, but the all orange pair is a no go. I'm passing on both but interesting to see why they went with such below average sillouhettes for their collabs
Silo? You mean Colorways Im sure...much as you like that 997 :wink:

I saw one pic where the pink kinda looked good, but overall cant do it. And they will be pricey to boot. As much as I like collabs, Im kind of tired of them. Looking forward to a GR 997 and not much else so far. Even those ronnies dont move me.

The pre-ordering is not about trying to flex and have something before everyone else. People did the pre-order because they'd be able to get a Jcrew 998, which have been on-point recently and rarely ever available to be discounted, for $110 instead of paying $150. Not having the money tied up until the shoes ship is another plus. I don't get what the issue is.

Back
Top Bottom