Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

RB's
when did these and the similar brown colorway release?  got a pair on ebay sitting in my size i wonder if it'll crumble if worn from now

^thanks man. Repped.

Are there other signs that stick out as fake to you? I just wanna prepare myself for future postings.

^thanks man. Repped.

Are there other signs that stick out as fake to you? I just wanna prepare myself for future postings.
Never seen a cncpts box with the seams showing on the top like that. Also ask for a pic of the size label - many of the fakes have a printed check. The legit boxes are marked with a gold pen

When you get more pics ask for a pic of the midsole. The fakes are one piece, the actual 998s have two separate pieces - look at the line just before where the colored section begins

Fakes have poor stitching too, get a pic of the "N" to be safe

Fakes have a much brighter "mintier" color over all

Thanks thejacobsharp thejacobsharp for pointing those out. Sounds like they made some pretty good fakes for these then. I'll try to keep an eye on those things next time. Repped.

i'm so paranoid buying from ebay - you're right, some of these fakes have gotten pretty good, it's getting hard to tell.

can anyone speak on the 998 concrete jungles? are they nice in real life? 
I have them, and they aren't exactly mindblowingly nice but I am still very happy i have them. Love the choice of colours, especially the off-white portion of the midsole. 

It's a very understated shoe imo. Nothing ostentatious or in your face about them.

I have them, and they aren't exactly mindblowingly nice but I am still very happy i have them. Love the choice of colours, especially the off-white portion of the midsole. 

It's a very understated shoe imo. Nothing ostentatious or in your face about them.
nice. found a pair for under retail so i didn't hesitate. I pulled the trigger, asked questions later. 

when did these and the similar brown colorway release?  got a pair on ebay sitting in my size i wonder if it'll crumble if worn from now
these dropped in 2002, mine are fine from what i can tell, but nothing is certain, they can crumble at any time esp if DS

Pulled the trigger on a pair of regattas for retail. Anyone know if they run tts? Theyre .5 smaller than my Nike air max size.

Pulled the trigger on a pair of regattas for retail. Anyone know if they run tts? Theyre .5 smaller than my Nike air max size.
Consensus is to size down AT LEAST half. Some could go a full size down depending on the width of your foot.

Hey guys, I just got a $50 J Crew coupon in my email this morning, so be patient!
roll.gif

Hopefully they're still sending them out. I'm planning on using it, but if it turns out that I don't (by Feb. 18th or so, whenever it expires) I'll give it away here! No promises though, I think it's finally time to scoop the Pebble Blues 
pimp.gif

Hey guys, I just got a $50 J Crew coupon in my email this morning, so be patient!:rofl:

Hopefully they're still sending them out. I'm planning on using it, but if it turns out that I don't (by Feb. 18th or so, whenever it expires) I'll give it away here! No promises though, I think it's finally time to scoop the Pebble Blues :pimp:

You need the Pebble blues

Hey guys, I just got a $50 J Crew coupon in my email this morning, so be patient!
roll.gif

Hopefully they're still sending them out. I'm planning on using it, but if it turns out that I don't (by Feb. 18th or so, whenever it expires) I'll give it away here! No promises though, I think it's finally time to scoop the Pebble Blues 
pimp.gif
Unfortunately, it appears they put the new balances back on the "excluded from promo" list. The $50.00 won't work with New Balances unless they take them off of the exclusion list again. 

roll.gif

pimp.gif
I chatted with a rep yesterdat and she was willing to give me the discount without the code! ... until I gave her the item # and she said it wouldn't apply to the NBs. 
mad.gif

Edit: just checked and I did receive the email today as well... discount definitely does not work anymore. 

Last edited:

Unfortunately, it appears they put the new balances back on the "excluded from promo" list. The $50.00 won't work with New Balances unless they take them off of the exclusion list again. 
Update: Chat with a rep and give them the code, they will retroactively apply it to your order if you stay on with them. Pebble Blue for $117 shipped. Finally!

Back
Top Bottom