Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

How good is the quality on the 990's and/or other shoes made in the usa? 

Are they worth the price at all? Or can I wait for them to go discount?

Also - I ended up grabbing the NB burn rubber collabs and I've worn them a few time, but the back of the shoe kinda digs into my achilles heel unless I wear long socks.

Is this normal?

Last edited:
I went down 0.5 down on the 1300NSLs, sold them after a few wears, came to the conclusion that I didn't like the fit or look of the model.

How good is the quality on the 990's and/or other shoes made in the usa? 

Are they worth the price at all? Or can I wait for them to go discount?

Also - I ended up grabbing the NB burn rubber collabs and I've worn them a few time, but the back of the shoe kinda digs into my achilles heel unless I wear long socks.
Is this normal?

The quality on made in USA NB is superb. They are all too quality shoes that will last. I definitely think that they're worth the price tag.

Had a dream that new balance had a lifestyle section on there website of a bunch of old cws, then I woke up and checked the website nothing there...

Does anyone know the story of these? When were these released? Is this a Japan exclusive color way? Thanks!

regattas definitely run big.  you HAVE to size .25 from your NB 997/998 size.  which means sizing down .75 from your regular size.  you can size a full size down from your nike size and i think you would be fine.  

What model is better: 998 vs. 997?

What model do you guys want to see more of in 2015?
Would you rather there be more collabs on these models or do you think they should be general releases?
What color ways do you want to see come out?

What model is better: 998 vs. 997?

What model do you guys want to see more of in 2015?
Would you rather there be more collabs on these models or do you think they should be general releases?
What color ways do you want to see come out?

997 deff a better model comfort an look wise. As far as collabs go I would like to see more 997s and a little bit of 998s. 2014 GR game was dope but the collabs were weak. As far as other models I would like to see more 670s abaliable in the US, 996's, 577s and 990s. As far as CW's go not to sure. Would love to see what feature or premier would do with a NB collab probably two of the chilliest boutiques their custoumers service is amazing and they are always looking out for people on phone orders and online for limited kicks.

Last edited:
I feel like the made in USA models don't get enough collab love in general. J Crew and Cncpts kill it pretty much every time, but I would like to see what some other stores could do with the 997 and 998. I'm sure it has a lot to do with what NB allows them to do, but there's nothing more disappointing than a great color way from an awesome store on a weak model.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom