Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

WOW these are amazing. Im in love. The quality is unreal and they went from my computer screen to in hand in 6 days. 
smokin.gif

way more flexibility in color blocking. also gum sole which is reason enough on its own. back tab has reflective color options etc. Solebox finals: bout to order them now. 
Your mock-ups look good.  Ya, going to grab a 574 until NB resolve the sz 13 issue for the 998s.  But totally glad that 574 is much more flexible now.

Anyone have confirmation that it's an actual gum sole?  On the customizer - it's listed as 'Rain Cloud' and the sole is gum colored, but I'm sure if it's an actual gumsole.

Like this is what I would call 'fake' gum:

... vs. 'real' gum:

give NB a call if your status says pending, something is "wrong" with their system and your shoes might be already on its way.

Guys... is there a seperate thread for nb customs? My friend keeps tagging me in some insane 998 customs and I hope there's a thread for it....

It's about to get real, wallet is gonna hate me

its hilarious that the amazing options for the 574 have been ignored. i wish i could cancel my 998 order.

A few did mention them on Friday but the 998 going custom definitely overshadowed those new options on the 574's.

Excited to see more custom irl photos.
I too am waiting it out. Usually with new products (cars, phones, custom 998's) there are always kinks to be fixed.

Walter..

I probably wouldn't have noticed the mesh when I get my pair in but after you guys pointed it out I know it's all i'm gonna be focusing on

Last edited:
Glad I waited on ordering the 998 customs, I'm not liking the craftsmanship & quality of mesh from the pictures posted.   Given the 2 day turnaround, it seems they were rushed in producing these.  I don't mind my order taking a week or so as long as the craftsmanship is good.

Was hoping to add another style shoe to my custom nb collection with the 998 but no size 13 ended that.... Thinking of grabbing another 574 even tho I told myself no shoes till 997gy2 start dropping

Glad I waited on ordering the 998 customs, I'm not liking the craftsmanship & quality of mesh from the pictures posted.   Given the 2 day turnaround, it seems they were rushed in producing these.  I don't mind my order taking a week or so as long as the craftsmanship is good.
nah i think you would have been better off buying. they are going above and beyond with this initial rollout to make sure everyone is satisfied. they are giving them codes for a free pair in addition to re-shipping a corrected version of the botched order. plus i believe some are told to keep the original botched pair as well. three pairs of customs for the price of one. granted one is faulty but would be a great beater. guys have ordered 574 and 990 customs long into the process. quality has gotten worse. it's really hit or miss with how they turn out. depends on the person assigned to making your pair i guess.

Just signed up for the bait raffle. Ain't messing with the boots but might scoop the cobra commanders if I win

Thinking of pulling the trigger, that salmon color is[emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji] the price is preventing me from copping but since there is no nike or jordan coming out that i like till the end of July i might just do it [emoji]128514[/emoji]

I see them a lot so I'll ask - those of you with these chrome coil shoe trees, are those from IKEA? I'm interested in buying some but don't have an IKEA store near me and they're not available for online order on the site...

Last edited:

I see them a lot so I'll ask - those of you with these chrome coil shoe trees, are those from IKEA? I'm interested in buying some but don't have an IKEA store near me and they're not available for online order on the site...
Yes they are ikea shoe trees $1 per pair.

Just call and do a phone order or a email order from Ikea. 

Back
Top Bottom