Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

How does anybody feel about buying a 998 up a half size from their normal, for either a good deal or because that's all that is left?
I wear a 10 in pretty much all shoes. I have 998s in 9.5 and 10s... no issue with both. Wont stop for a second if I found either if its a dope pair.

How does anybody feel about buying a 998 up a half size from their normal, for either a good deal or because that's all that is left?[/quote

For 998s I won't buy anything unless it's 8 or 8.5 same with 997.
i've done it, and am totally fine with it, especially if it's on a hard to come by pair or one that's a great deal.  makes up for the slight size difference IMO.

How does anybody feel about buying a 998 up a half size from their normal, for either a good deal or because that's all that is left?
Thanks for the input. Might just get a 10 in the hilltop blues. Called jcrew and they said they are out of 9.5 in all stores and online, and since they aren't backordered they can't notify me when they get one since basically all they will get is a possible return. I guess I could always return it if I don't like how it fits. I don't think they are final sale on jcrew are they?

Thanks for the input. Might just get a 10 in the hilltop blues. Called jcrew and they said they are out of 9.5 in all stores and online, and since they aren't backordered they can't notify me when they get one since basically all they will get is a possible return. I guess I could always return it if I don't like how it fits. I don't think they are final sale on jcrew are they?
they allow returns for full refund w/in 60 days, either bring to physical store or ship back on your own dime or use their service and have 5 bucks deducted from your refund, more details on the 'returns and exhanges' page on their site.  go for the HTBs, i have a pair myself which is waiting to be unds'ed
happy.gif

More Bait x NB (October 10th) Retail is $160 each

gijoerelease2hd-3-1024x683.jpg

gijoerelease2hd-14-1024x683.jpg

gijoerelease2hd-5-1024x683.jpg

gijoerelease2hd--1024x682.jpg

What I like about these is they went with the OG 580 which has the Rollbar instead of the new ones that come with Revlite. Yes Revlite is lighter and not as firm but the Feel of them just felt off for me, I much prefer the sturdy og model and pretty sure it will hold up better than these new ones since less dense, lighter foam breaks down faster. The G.I. Joe branding isn't real present on these which is a plus, they also put the smaller NB on the heel rather than the toe wrap which has a better look IMO. I wouldn't pay 160 for them personally just cause I would rather spend that much on some other NB models but I could find them with a discount I would prob snag that white pair over the blacks. 

Those white Baits are pretty clean. I'd def swap out the laces to white though.

Also, I much prefer the NB logo on the toe of 580s. I've always thought that it was the 580s calling card and something that couldn't work on most other models.

Those white/red 580s remind me of the mork and mindy dunks although the 580s are missing a silver color. Don't really care for the model, but the colorways are better than their previous gi joe collab. I would buy a g1 transformer collab...

@podunky Are those GYs seconds? The toe wrap looks kinda large, but it may just be the angle.

The top two 998s look good. Leather tongue and the blue tongued ones. The leather tongue one reminds me of a darker 998cel. 998s are so damn comfy.
Sharp eyes you have. Yes, those are seconds. How did you tell?
I don't get the toe wrap thing, do you mean the leather around the toe area? Might be just the angle, but they look fine to me. Maybe I like it this way more, balances out the sharpness of the overall look. :D

Half size down wouldn't hurt either. I'm a size 8 in, 580,850,997,998,1500, gt2, saga, N9000, Grid 9000,shadow 5000. Everything else 8.5 my tts

Love how BAIT put the Arashikage Clan symbol on the lace decoration thing-a-ma-jig of both pairs (and backpack).  Dope touch!  Bit of an ARAH GI Joe nerd here (hence my Avatar) and for those who might not know, Arashikage is the fictional ninja clan from Joe canon.  In Japanese, Arashi (storm) + Kage (shadow) literally translates to "Stormshadow".  Co-braaahhhh!

Sharp eyes you have. Yes, those are seconds. How did you tell?
I don't get the toe wrap thing, do you mean the leather around the toe area? Might be just the angle, but they look fine to me. Maybe I like it this way more, balances out the sharpness of the overall look.
happy.gif
Yeah, the leather that wraps around the toe area. The camera angle makes the toe wrap look even larger though. I just compared those pics with my GY and I assumed that not many people are sitting on non-factory second GYs. Also, there has been a lot of factory second GYs in outlets. Additionally the stitching/cut around the heel wrap (is that even a term?) is slightly off. But ain't no one going to be seeing the inner area of the shoe so it really is irrelevant.

The toe wrap on my GY isn't all that slim, it's mainly the heel area that looks different (the way the suede was cut/stitched) between the the GY you posted and mine. Disregard the laces, flats > 3m, I didn't want my jeans to crock on the flats.

Back
Top Bottom