Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Today

$2,600+ of 997s! Sheesh! We spend a lot of money on shoes (as a community). When I roughly estimated how much I spent on my collection as a whole, I kinda did a mental facepalm.

Awesome collection, though, man!

I just totaled up a all my purchases from this year and I've already doubled what I spent last year. I don't even wanna think about my collection total. :\

I called and they said just to email them, which sounds kind of dumb but I can assume she was just a front desk clerk at a retail store. They haven't returned my email yet. I just sent another one say I want a refund due to quality

Well my white BAIT 580s just arrived and after close inspection i am happy to report they are nearly flawless. Only thing worth noting was a small spec of something. Im sure i can get it off but other than that they are fine. Still sucks about your pair though man. Did they resolve the problem? You should be at least eligible for a partial refund. Ive heard stories of Concepts giving partial refunds on damaged pairs.

Last edited:
I'll say it again, beware buying from CRAZE, that shop is shady as hell. I read a few pages back that some guy wasnt able to get his refund, I didnt get my refund too. I cant find his post anymore, I was gonna quote his post here.

All back and forth messages with this shop is a waste of time. Terrible customer service. I would rather cop at retail than buying from them at 50% off.

You guys should spread the word so people won't buy from them anymore.

Hi everyone, I have a pair of 996DGY in size US11 that fit a little snug. Is there any way to expand the shoe?

Also, what sizes should I go for if I'm intending to buy a pair of 997 and 998? I have wide feet and usually size up by half for sneakers like the ASICS Gel-Lyte III and V.

Appreciate the help!

Hi everyone, I have a pair of 996DGY in size US11 that fit a little snug. Is there any way to expand the shoe?

Also, what sizes should I go for if I'm intending to buy a pair of 997 and 998? I have wide feet and usually size up by half for sneakers like the ASICS Gel-Lyte III and V.

Appreciate the help!

Keep on wearing it?

As for the size try 11.5-12

So finally got around to adding some 997 to my collection got some 997GY2 picked them up from the post office this morning and boom there is a couple of creases along where the sole meets suede on the left shoe which has a slightly plumper shape when compared to the right shoe which seems more sharp and angular… not happy... looking at them now and the returns label and thinking should I? The creases will probably work out over a few wares but  combined with the shape just seems sloppy as regards quality control.

Is this something that others have noticed on the 997GY2 or have I just been dealt a bum hand?   

If I send them back this will be the 2[sup]nd[/sup] pair of NB's I have sent back in the last 3 months and is making me reluctant to buy NB’s when not seen in person. I been buying sneaks for a long time Nike then Adidas now NB and I don’t know if it’s me getting more picky or NB not meeting their own high standards as much.

I actually passed on a pair of GY2s in a NB store for that same issue. One shoe was ok, other was exactly as you described with the plump toe, wrinkles, assymetry, etc. last pair in my size but it was too annoying to look down and see that glaring difference so I passed. Others have complained about the same exact problem with those. It's like they rushed them out of the factory or something.

I'd try to return/exchange them for another pair if you really had your heart set on that colorway, otherwise I'd get a refund and just get a different pair of 997s down the line. 997 is a great shoe, it's just the GY2s came out bad for some reason.

Were the gy2s generally of bad quality? Have the opportunity to pick a pair up for like 100$, but if they're all plaguedwith quality issues then I'm passing.

I'll say it again, beware buying from CRAZE, that shop is shady as hell. I read a few pages back that some guy wasnt able to get his refund, I didnt get my refund too. I cant find his post anymore, I was gonna quote his post here.

All back and forth messages with this shop is a waste of time. Terrible customer service. I would rather cop at retail than buying from them at 50% off.

You guys should spread the word so people won't buy from them anymore.

I have considered buying from them before but the no phone number listed always turns me away. However I live a couple hours away so I would get my money back.

Back
Top Bottom