Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Just got off the phone with a J Crew rep.  She said the spring collection should be popping up online on the 26th of this month.  So the new 998 should be online then or maybe even earlier. 

She also mentioned that one last pair of concrete jungles are in inventory, size 7.5......I grabbed the last 11.5
smokin.gif

Great news. I'm really anxious to see what their new colorways will be.

Nice pickup on the Concrete Jungles. I may be in the minority saying this, but it is easily my favorite J. Crew 998 colorway. 

What are these? They are fire. Are they NB1's and then you painted the midsole? Or is this a release that i've never seen?
Thanks bud!  They're a regular in-line release; not NB1.  Model # is M998GY.  I got them at an outlet (Destin, FL) in 2010 for $25.  

I own the all black 998s. I didn't know Brad Hall did a video on them until after. I wear them all the time, but I wish I would of left a little more detail, like what you got up. Everything's on mines black.
Thanks for the response I appreciate it, I think I'm gonna go with these then. Thanks again!

1400s are so clean and seem to be always be high quality. I have the deep burgundy I wear them the most out of my rotation. Super clean.
The 1400 silo is my 3rd favorite model after the 998 and 997. They are very clean and look good on foot and the quality is up there. I have those burgundys as well...have yet to un-DS but will be soon.1400's are allover my outlet between $75-100

Funny, the model that showed up on Kith also has that brown bit in the heel. Link here: http://kithnyc.com/collections/new-balance/products/new-balance-m998-green-off-white

Didn't know there'd be variants of the same colorway out there.
I just ordered on Rise with the sale, looks like I'll get the all black sole. I do like the gum heel and I do find it strange Kith also have that variant as the official NB site. I wonder if the rest of retailers got an international version of the M998CSAM model first. Thanks to whoever posted the Rise sale from a few pages back! I ordered the CSAM and CSEF.

Last edited:

The 1400 silo is my 3rd favorite model after the 998 and 997. They are very clean and look good on foot and the quality is up there. I have those burgundys as well...have yet to un-DS but will be soon.1400's are allover my outlet between $75-100
1400s are dope, 996s too.  Both are starting to move up the chain for my taste.

Is it just me or does anyone else have the impression that the Concepts Grand Tourer fits bigger than other 998s?I usually am a 12 and I'm swimming a little in them.
Thanks!

Haha, yeah man they do. I asked as well earlier in the thread thinking I was the only one. Wish I sized half down from my usual 998 size.

Is it just me or does anyone else have the impression that the Concepts Grand Tourer fits bigger than other 998s?I usually am a 12 and I'm swimming a little in them.
Thanks!

True statement. I wear 10.5 in all my 998's and my GT was unwearable it was so big. Had to sell that pair and order the 10 last weekend. The 10 arrived today and fits perfect.....like my other 10.5's

Still waiting on those grand tourer from concepts to arrive. When did everybody's pair come in?

If you ordered them on release day, you should've received them already as they've been shipping pairs out pretty quickly these past few releases. If you ordered them on the re-up from a few days ago, then you'll probably get them in a few days

Last edited:
True statement. I wear 10.5 in all my 998's and my GT was unwearable it was so big. Had to sell that pair and order the 10 last weekend. The 10 arrived today and fits perfect.....like my other 10.5's

**** man, I'm overseas and that would mean another hefty bill before I'm able to sell mine. Plus the Bait Diadoras I'm expecting that will bust my budget a little. Quality and colors on the GT are too dope.

Back
Top Bottom