Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Do any of you ever wear two socks on each foot for larger shoes?

If you have a pair of New Balance that are too big in your collection, just put on an ankle sock under your normal stance sock, or what ever you wear. You will not feel the extra ankle sock after a minute or two  and the shoe will now fit much, much better. In fact it should feel perfect. I saw a friend of mine wearing two socks once and thought it was the strangest thing that I had ever seen until I tried it out for myself. 

I guess I had a one sock mentality. 

If you have a pair of New Balance that are too big in your collection, just put on an ankle sock under your normal stance sock, or what ever you wear. You will not feel the extra ankle sock after a minute or two  and the shoe will now fit much, much better. In fact it should feel perfect. I saw a friend of mine wearing two socks once and thought it was the strangest thing that I had ever seen until I tried it out for myself. 

That sounds so.... sweaty.

I always used to wear 2 pairs of socks for sports when I was younger so that I didn't get blisters.  If I have a pair of shoes that fits too big, I prefer to add an extra thin insole underneath to make them fit more snug.

2 pair of sock were a must when i used to play ball. why you think mj socks always look so thick in his pics. best way of not getting blisters. although i can not say i have done it to make a pair of kicks fit. i am usually too picky and get rid of them.

That sounds so.... sweaty.
laugh.gif
 "Look, it's pretty basic here. You stick with me, you learn from the guys who been in country awhile, you'll be right. There is one item of G.I. gear that can be the difference between a live grunt and a dead grunt. Socks, cushioned sole, O.D. green. Try and keep your feet dry when we're out humpin'. I want you boys to remember to change your socks wherever we stop. The Mekong will eat a grunt's feet right off his legs." ~ LT. Dan​
 ​
 ​

Last edited:

laugh.gif
 "Look, it's pretty basic here. You stick with me, you learn from the guys who been in country awhile, you'll be right. There is one item of G.I. gear that can be the difference between a live grunt and a dead grunt. Socks, cushioned sole, O.D. green. Try and keep your feet dry when we're out humpin'. I want you boys to remember to change your socks wherever we stop. The Mekong will eat a grunt's feet right off his legs." ~ LT. Dan​
 ​
 ​

LOL I wish I could rep you 1,000x for that

Last edited:

I only wear two pairs of socks for sports that are stop and go heavy.

I only buy shoes in my size for casual wear. I've never understood buying something too big. It would drive me nuts.

I only buy shoes in my size for casual wear. I've never understood buying something too big. It would drive me nuts.
Have you never bought a pair of shoes online and they ended up fitting different than you expected?

Have you never bought a pair of shoes online and they ended up fitting different than you expected?

The only time I've ordered a silhouette I've never tried on has been from stores with solid return policies.

I'm just way too OCD to keep something that doesn't fit. I know I'd never wear them.

So I returned my moonshots. Not bad on discount but not for retail
Yeah, I was a little underwhelmed when I got my pair. Not sure why, but I just don't love them like I thought I would. Luckily I was able to get on discount otherwise I would have returned them as they seem to be sticking around and will probably be discounted in the future.

Anyways, I wore them for #ocf  
laugh.gif
They must look diff in person cause they look retail worthy imo although a creme or navy color shoelace would be my first choice if available. Also has anyone ever wondered why the white stitching runs across the dark grey leather adjacent to the tongue? Everytime I see it on a pair of 997's I think to myself man someone must have been pretty hungover on monday to get that crooked on the sewing. I can't see why that would be necessary.. 

They must look diff in person cause they look retail worthy imo although a creme or navy color shoelace would be my first choice if available. Also has anyone ever wondered why the white stitching runs across the dark grey leather adjacent to the tongue? Everytime I see it on a pair of 997's I think to myself man someone must have been pretty hungover on monday to get that crooked on the sewing. I can't see why that would be necessary.. 

I thought that stitching is to sew the inner flap piece to the upper piece internally? For some model they use glue (Bexp) and ccf use stitching

Last edited:
the squeak is caused by the leather tongue rubbing on the leather lining under the lace holes

put masking tape there and it'll help

that denim pair, i regret not making a similar pair after seeing the pair on here here another member made. i would imagine it will not be back anytime soon.

Yeah mane... I have few regrets over the past year & those two pairs are one of them. I could understand not dropping the denim option for a while since they had them less than 6 months ago, but the perf toe... Everybody & they mama has been craving it since it was ceased last summer. If they drop the perf toe this summer, that would be dope! At the same time, I kind of wonder what other premium options NB can come up with. Either way once NB drops a premium options, Im buying 2 pairs of them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom