Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I have one pair of Ultra Boosts and I probably won't go any further than that. They are nice and comfortable, but I don't want to jump through hoops just to cop a GR.

I have a few pairs and I must say the boost sole is one of the most comfortable I've worn. The primeknit upper really grabs your ankle so if you're not into that snug runner fit then they're definitely not for you.

i got a pair of UB for $90 shipped back in like November, and I would buy plenty more at that price. but I won't spend $180 on em, or probably any sneakers at this point

what do NB heads think about the NMD/Ultraboost craze? 

I think its out of hand. reddit's sneaker forum turned into a Boost Stan club. These dudes post the same shoe over and over.

How many times can adidas make the same shoe with extremely slight differences?

I may be, no i AM a hater in general, and haven't as much as tried on a boost shoe yet but I don't understand the hype. I believe people when they say they're comfortable and all but damn.
I think people underestimated Kanye's influence. No one could have foreseen how he would shift the sneaker market like this. I still remember when the original black and purple Ultra Boost was sitting on shelves and could be had at discount last year. Then Kanye was caught wearing them and all of a sudden they became a commodity.

Even if Adidas still is well behind Nike in terms of market share, the brand's growing influence is undeniable. At the very least, perception is a really powerful thing.

I'm not mad at people who enjoy UBs and NMDs- I've owned a couple of pairs before and can't deny how comfortable they are. I do think they are overpriced, however, and I'm still shocked at how much old GRs are now reselling for. I resonate with everything's that already been stated. In the end, people are paying the premium not for the product itself but really for what the kind of status the product represents (however fabricated that status may be).

I ended up selling the few pairs of Ultra Boosts I had... so I could buy more New Balances, lol. Call me a fanboy, but in all my years collecting sneakers I've never experienced quality on my feet the way I have with NB. 

I think its out of hand. reddit's sneaker forum turned into a Boost Stan club. These dudes post the same shoe over and over.

I may be, no i AM a hater in general, and haven't as much as tried on a boost shoe yet but I don't understand the hype. I believe people when they say they're comfortable and all but damn.
  I like NB for different reasons than I like UBs.  I have a single pair of UBs and they're the most comfortable pair of shoes I own. They're light and I think they look nice.  I've even run in them and they feel fantastic.

Style-wise, NB just seems so classic to me.  Shape may not always be perfect, but the silhouettes and materials have always been solid to me.  My collection used to be mostly Asics, but within the last 2 years, i've bought around 50-60 pairs of NB and made a few NB1s and i'm sure that will only continue to grow.  I hope the boost craze only continues to grow so I can keep my 50% off USA-Made NB to myself.  Where I live, everyone wears Js and NMDs, which is fine with me.

Last edited:

I think people underestimated Kanye's influence. No one could have foreseen how he would shift the sneaker market like this. I still remember when the original black and purple Ultra Boost was sitting on shelves and could be had at discount last year. Then Kanye was caught wearing them and all of a sudden they became a commodity.

Even if Adidas still is well behind Nike in terms of market share, the brand's growing influence is undeniable. At the very least, perception is a really powerful thing.

I'm not mad at people who enjoy UBs and NMDs- I've owned a couple of pairs before and can't deny how comfortable they are. I do think they are overpriced, however, and I'm still shocked at how much old GRs are now reselling for. I resonate with everything's that already been stated. In the end, people are paying the premium not for the product itself but really for what the kind of status the product represents (however fabricated that status may be).

I ended up selling the few pairs of Ultra Boosts I had... so I could buy more New Balances, lol. Call me a fanboy, but in all my years collecting sneakers I've never experienced quality on my feet the way I have with NB. 
I feel like those semi-hypebeasts are just happy to be on the "ground floor" of a new trend. like when Roshe's came out people who never owned more then 2 shoes a year all of a sudden had 10 pairs of those refugee slippers.

Will NB ever have a moment like this? Maybe they'll design a new model that takes off(not that I care as long as they keep making the classics)

I like NB for different reasons than I like UBs.  I have a single pair of UBs and they're the most comfortable pair of shoes I own. They're light and I think they look nice.  I've even run in them and they feel fantastic.
I hear ya mane! Some days when I put on my Ultra Boost 2.0 All White (or any runner for that matter) I feel like George Costanza. I'm a foot model! 
laugh.gif

Anybody want to take some pictures of my feet? 
roll.gif

Ultra Boosts are very comfy..yes...but the cushioning is too soft. The foot actually rolls around and turns too much, which will eventually lead to injury. If you are an Ultra Boost fan, but want to stick with NB you should really try Fresh Foam and it provides a bit more stability than Ultra Boost. Fresh Foam, to me, is more comfy than Ultra Boost. Another thing about Ultra Boost, is that, those shoes are so soft, that they simply are not going to last long and will wear out very quickly.

I had 2 pairs of UB, already sold them though.

They were real comfortable at first, like for short wears, but after wearing for a few hours they kinda annoy me.

Like some have said, too soft and squishy, cause major instability.

I liked them, but after trying them I probably won't buy anymore.
I prefer a more supportive shoe now

The hype in general for adidas is crazy right now. I like boost/primeknit pairs equally as i do my NBs, asics etc...just totally different styles and equally different reasons for liking them. 

I like the Adidas pairs (mostly 1.0 UBs) and cant argue with how comfortable they are but they are in no way worth 5, 6, 7 hundred dollars resell. 

Ultra Boosts are very comfy..yes...but the cushioning is too soft. The foot actually rolls around and turns too much, which will eventually lead to injury. If you are an Ultra Boost fan, but want to stick with NB you should really try Fresh Foam and it provides a bit more stability than Ultra Boost. Fresh Foam, to me, is more comfy than Ultra Boost. Another thing about Ultra Boost, is that, those shoes are so soft, that they simply are not going to last long and will wear out very quickly.
How is fresh foam durability wise? i was excited to see a new midsole tech but underwhelmed by the look of the shoes.

My take is that the Ultra boost especially the 2.0 is the most comfortable shoe I own hands down. I own 3 pair and work out in 1 wear 1 casually from time to time and got one i got on ice for the major walking I will be doing at Disney later in the year. I've been on boost since pure boost 1.0. The boost literally works wonders with my knees when I run. I bought a pair for the girlfriend and at first she was like meh but then she found she always turned to then for everything over her other sneakers. I will probably be a UB customer for life. Got all my pairs under retail. The NMD on the other hand is terrible. It's terrible from a comfort standpoint which shocked me. And frankly it's just an okay looking shoe. I own 1 pair which I've worn once but I'm thinking i need to move them while I can before the Hype train derails.

How is fresh foam durability wise? i was excited to see a new midsole tech but underwhelmed by the look of the shoes.
Speaking of which, does anyone know what Abzorb/Encap/C-Cap/Revlite actually are? All I've heard is that some are more well loved than others, and apparently Revlite isn't well liked.

Also I thought the whole point of boost was that it would better retain its cushion over time than regular midsole foam? That said, the UB outsole isn't the most durable, so that point is kind of moot...

Not gonna lie, I cut NB out pretty much due to the toebox on 998 and the N logo peeling out of the box on like the last 4-5 pairs I had

LPU, garbage camera is all i had, dont know why the glare in middle is. the nubuck is flawless. just love that ashy nubuck. prob paid too much @185 but was cheapest i could find atm.

Surplus pack drop 2 is up on hanon-shop with VAT removed. Available in most sizes... except 11.5!! What is it with these EU sites not having any 11.5's available. Bummer.

LPU, garbage camera is all i had, dont know why the glare in middle is. the nubuck is flawless. just love that ashy nubuck. prob paid too much @185 but was cheapest i could find atm.
Where you find em for $185? The quality good eh? So it feel like a timberland or more suede ish? Man I want these and the black horween joint so bad!! Stupid maxed out credit card!!

Back
Top Bottom