Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Anyone here want a pair of Horween 998s size 9.5, the brown ones from the first horween run, for $100 plus reasonable shipping? Got them at the NB outlet yesterday, and they are a little big on me. Literally no flaws I can see. PM me if you're interested and I can send pics and stuff. Comes with box, tag, and dust cloth of course. Thought I'd offer it here before I post it anywhere else, or make the long trek back to the outlet to return it.
pm'd

how do i join that group? i deactivated FB in 2010 lol

I did some searches but didn't find a group with that exact name.

Gonna throw these on eBay this week, if anyone here wants a shot at them first, let me know and I'll hit you with some pics

Luxury Goods 997 - Size 10.5

577SNS - size 10.5

670 Victor Dixon - Size 11

998BD - Size 11

Lol... if new balance don't get out my house. Acting like they think they know me.

Already accepted the L I'm going to take on the "Salmon Toes" re-issues so I went ahead and order these over the weekend..​

Can't wait to see pics! I've always wanted to recreate the salmon toes somehow with the NB1 but I'm waiting for them to offer nubuck... it'd be game over for me at that point.

Can't wait to see pics! I've always wanted to recreate the salmon toes somehow with the NB1 but I'm waiting for them to offer nubuck... it'd be game over for me at that point.
Fo Sho'! 
nthat.gif
 One thing I learned with NB1 program is when you have a design and it speaks to you... Pull the trigger, you never know when the color wheel will update. I hope they keep this current color wheel until November. I have a couple more designs that I want to get off... 
nerd.gif

Already accepted the L I'm going to take on the "Salmon Toes" re-issues so I went ahead and order these over the weekend..

lol I have almost same design mocked up but I used the mulled wine sole. lol. that shell pink is little light, wish they had a actual salmon color, and a all white sole. that's asking for a lot though.

on a side not I already planning on dropping prob my whole x mas bonus on the salmon toes. I have already decided whatever it takes I am getting a pair. been wanting them for so long. even got a fake pair that I got burnt on in my closet that has been teasing me for 2+yrs.

lol I have almost same design mocked up but I used the mulled wine sole. lol. that shell pink is little light, wish they had a actual salmon color, and a all white sole. that's asking for a lot though.

on a side not I already planning on dropping prob my whole x mas bonus on the salmon toes. I have already decided whatever it takes I am getting a pair. been wanting them for so long. even got a fake pair that I got burnt on in my closet that has been teasing me for 2+yrs.
I hear ya homie! I didn't use shell pink either on these "Poor Man's Salmon Toes", but I really regret not using the Salmon option that NB1 had in 2015. Mykoh has a great pair of NB1 998 that have Salmon in it. Say it AINT SOOO! How much did you pay for the fugazi Salmon's MANE?!?!

I hear ya homie! I didn't use shell pink either on these "Poor Man's Salmon Toes", but I really regret not using the Salmon option that NB1 had in 2015. Mykoh has a great pair of NB1 998 that have Salmon in it. Say it AINT SOOO! How much did you pay for the fugazi Salmon's MANE?!?!
what did you use on the toe if not shell pink? dusty blossom?

close to five bills, was a learning lesson that will not be forgot. either way I will have these for sure. gonna hate paying resell but that is one I have to have.

Last edited:

what did you use on the toe if not shell pink? dusty blossom?

close to five bills, was a learning lesson that will not be forgot. either way I will have these for sure. gonna hate paying resell but that is one I have to have.
Yessir!

Dang, 5 bills for Salmon toes back in 2014.. One of those things like you said, "lesson learned" 500$ for "Salmon Toes" 3 years after the release, that too good to be true... If I strike out on the initial drop, I'm just going to chalk up the L and move on... No way I'm paying $1000+ for some sneakers... & paying some NYC/NJ cats rent!  
mean.gif

im hoping they will follow same pattern as the SG and drop to $700-800 after the intial craze. either way im all in gotta have them.

nb/ebates needs to drop that 20/20. I got 3 pairs waiting ready to go.

Checkin sizing in NB RF city never sleeps. Is it a half size down? I can wear 11.5 in 998, But can't wear an 11 comfortably. Would an 11.5 in the city nev sleeps fit ya think??

Checkin sizing in NB RF city never sleeps. Is it a half size down? I can wear 11.5 in 998, But can't wear an 11 comfortably. Would an 11.5 in the city nev sleeps fit ya think??

You should be good. The CNS actually fits a bit snug in my opinion (some others have expressed that too). You could probably go up to a 12, even. Im also an 11.5 in 998 and I bought the CNS in an 11.5 and it fits fine for me, even if it is a tad bit more snug than usual 998s. You definitely do not want to go to an 11.

As an fyi, I do have a wide foot.

Last edited:
You should be good. The CNS actually fits a bit snug in my opinion (some others have expressed that too). You could probably go up to a 12, even. Im also an 11.5 in 998 and I bought the CNS in an 11.5 and it fits fine for me, even if it is a tad bit more snug than usual 998s. You definitely do not want to go to an 11.

As an fyi, I do have a wide foot.
Thank you I appreciate that. I also have a very wide foot.

Back
Top Bottom