Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

DBOA arrived. Indeed it's a "second".the box comes with the red word but another sticker cover it up.
Can't seems to find where's the fault at

DBOA arrived. Indeed it's a "second".the box comes with the red word but another sticker cover it up.
Can't seems to find where's the fault at

Alot of times they are no major flaws if any. They stamp the box second or factory store to seperate from normal retail.

Great Pick up! The 997 from that pack is dope as hell too!!

Speaking of Dope as hell..

Much thanks for all the responses fellas. I'm just trying to get a true feel for what's outthere. Unfortunately it's all info that I've already suspected but don't really want to hear/believe. I've just been completely obsessed with AM for so long and spent so many friggen thousands of dollars it's hard to imagine rocking/collecting anything else.

Much thanks for all the responses fellas. I'm just trying to get a true feel for what's outthere. Unfortunately it's all info that I've already suspected but don't really want to hear/believe. I've just been completely obsessed with AM for so long and spent so many friggen thousands of dollars it's hard to imagine rocking/collecting anything else.

Just give a pair of made in USA/UK NB's a try. Quality is superior to recent AM1/90 offerings.

Anyone know how rare the whiz x mita mrl996 was? And also is the revlite more comfortable than absorb or encap? Thanks for any help in advance!

whiz mita 996 is not that rare and was widely available. whiz collabs from the mid and late 00's are much rarer and were only available in japan.

I'm a huge fan of revlite, but also my body frame is pretty slim and light. revlite is not a good choice for a heavier person, or someone who might be super tall. I think abzorb cushioning is more versatile and good for most people. i love all three systems, but i do find that encap is the "loudest" when walking on sidewalks and concrete. it's more noticeable when it's quiet out and there are no cars driving by or something.

I wasn't an AM collector per-se, but I was a big fan of AM1's and for about a year that's all I copped. However, I gave NB's a try after and it flipped the script for me (and with Nike's overall for a bit).

NB's proved to be a bit more comfortable and better to walk in for a whole day, and the materials feel so much better. Quality wise, the only AM1 I had that was of relatively good quality was the Denim Patta AM1's though, and even those don't match up to any NB's I own. 

As @APlus18  said, just cop a pair of USA/UK NB's to give em a try; you won't regret it!

Never owned an AM before, but had plenty of NB, in fact majority is NB, and only 997/998. Still continuing the nb path because of the superb quality (perf toe over all other toebox).
@ninjaskills thanks! That's some nice clean colors there. Got a thing for single color kicks?

Last edited:
Just give a pair of made in USA/UK NB's a try. Quality is superior to recent AM1/90 offerings.

I wasn't an AM collector per-se, but I was a big fan of AM1's and for about a year that's all I copped. However, I gave NB's a try after and it flipped the script for me (and with Nike's overall for a bit).

NB's proved to be a bit more comfortable and better to walk in for a whole day, and the materials feel so much better. Quality wise, the only AM1 I had that was of relatively good quality was the Denim Patta AM1's though, and even those don't match up to any NB's I own. 

As @APlus18  said, just cop a pair of USA/UK NB's to give em a try; you won't regret it!
Never owned an AM before, but had plenty of NB, in fact majority is NB, and only 997/998. Still continuing the nb path because of the superb quality (perf toe over all other toebox).
@ninjaskills thanks! That's some nice clean colors there. Got a thing for single color kicks?
Firstly, sorry about the thread hijack. Thanks again. I know the Made in US and Made in UK are best, But which models would y'all consider best regarding quality and CWs/Collabo's?

FYI all my New England Homies...According to the Outlet mall web site the NB Factory Store will be 30% off your entire purchase!! 

I'm going Monday!! 

Firstly, sorry about the thread hijack. Thanks again. I know the Made in US and Made in UK are best, But which models would y'all consider best regarding quality and CWs/Collabo's?

No worries, homie.

Made in USA - You cannot go wrong with picking up a 997 or 998. Those are NB's flagship models, the Made in USA line's equivalent to the AM1, AM90 and AM95. Classic shoes, very comfortable and very beautiful. They are also the most prestigious shoe to be worked on in terms of collabs, hence why you usually have the heavy hitters like Concepts, Ronnie Fieg working on them.

Made in UK - You can't go wrong with any of the recent 1500 reissues, probably the most popular made in UK model. The 577's are also a huge favorite, with the older 577 collabs with various European sneaker boutiques getting a lot of fanfare and love.

No worries, homie.

Made in USA - You cannot go wrong with picking up a 997 or 998. Those are NB's flagship models, the Made in USA line's equivalent to the AM1, AM90 and AM95. Classic shoes, very comfortable and very beautiful. They are also the most prestigious shoe to be worked on in terms of collabs, hence why you usually have the heavy hitters like Concepts, Ronnie Fieg working on them.

Made in UK - You can't go wrong with any of the recent 1500 reissues, probably the most popular made in UK model. The 577's are also a huge favorite, with the older 577 collabs with various European sneaker boutiques getting a lot of fanfare and love.
Much appreciated homie. Just what I was looking to hear :wink:

So the new NB1 premium is Wool and Metallic Accents??? Maybe the wool will be ok, but i will not be using any metallic accents i'm afraid. Damn them not bringing back perf seude again!

***Apparently it is only on the 574 too...so maybe there will be something else coming for the 998...

Back
Top Bottom