Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Took these with me to UNDS in my Cali trip

I just realized there's a bunch of real shots of NB1s on the site. 

I have listed the colors used below each pic.

Heel - Aqua foam

Top N/Laces - Sunrise Glow

Toebox/Saddle - Nimbus cloud

Heel - Dark Military green

Toebox/Saddle - Angora Cream

Toebox/Saddle/Heel - Dark Cyan

Top N - Angora Cream

Saddle/Laces - Mint Cream

N logo - Champagne metalic

Saddle/Mesh - Purple Strata

Saddle/Mesh/Laces - Military urban grey (kind of looks like 1300JP grey)

Mesh/Saddle - Faded Rose

Tongue/Heel - Team Red

Top N logo - New Navy

Saddle/Mesh - Nimbus cloud

Collar accent - New Navy

Base N Logo - Dark Cyan

Lining - Dark Cyan

Everything else - black

Toebox/Saddle - Copper ROse

Top N Logo/Heel - Sahara Sunset

Collar Accent - White

Base Accent - Champagne Metalic

Saddle/Toebox - Mulberry

Collar accent - White

If anyone's interested, Gilt has the M997JNB available in a 10, 11 and 12 for $129. Use "30GILT" for extra 30% off:

https://www.gilt.com/brand/new-bala...usa-connoisseur-low-top-sneaker?origin=search

JNB is one of my favorite 997 color ways. I sold my pair off a while ago which I regret. The first run of GR 997s were really great when it comes to materials, shape and execution. Bummed that I slept on so many color ways (at the time they were releasing wayyyyy too many at once). 

Someone cop these if you don't have a pair!

Like a few other people I will probably let go of a lot of pairs because I just dont get the chance to wear them. I have never bought/sold anything on ebay or similar sites. Any tips, pointers or links that would help? Thanks.

It's a difficult time to sell just about any sneaker. Even Yeezy prices are dropping. And we are NB GR fans in here so it's like 20 x tougher. I sold a pair of eqt 93-17 boost on Stock X. They fee you to death but it was enough over retail to where i made some cash. And they make it crazy easy (Free seller shipping now so might be time to jump). There is ebay. Local folks you know. FB groups, although I've never sold anything on there.The thing I'm coming to a realization with NB is just be prepared to sell way under retail on even DS pairs unless they are the few wanted collabs. Probably the best solution is stop buying wear what you have when it gets beat chuck um, donate some pairs (good Karma) and any collab you got that is DS that will at least get your money back sell.

It's a difficult time to sell just about any sneaker. Even Yeezy prices are dropping. And we are NB GR fans in here so it's like 20 x tougher. I sold a pair of eqt 93-17 boost on Stock X. They fee you to death but it was enough over retail to where i made some cash. And they make it crazy easy (Free seller shipping now so might be time to jump). There is ebay. Local folks you know. FB groups, although I've never sold anything on there.The thing I'm coming to a realization with NB is just be prepared to sell way under retail on even DS pairs unless they are the few wanted collabs. Probably the best solution is stop buying wear what you have when it gets beat chuck um, donate some pairs (good Karma) and any collab you got that is DS that will at least get your money back sell.
Agreed, homie. Over-saturation is the name of the game nowadays with all brands. I've been low-balled so many times on Facebook groups with guys asking me to sell DS pairs of NB's at half the asking price (when my asking price is usually heavily discounted to begin with). 

I think subconsciously a lot of sneaker heads purchase so many shoes because in the back of their minds there always used to be the fallback option of selling off DS pairs if you need to cut back. That's not the case with most New Balance pairs, (and sneakers in general these days). You've gotta have a real love and appreciation for the brand and actually intend on wearing the shoes if you buy a pair of NBs.

I plan on growing old and dying wearing New Balance but check with me again in 10 years when I'm 40 and see if I'm still rocking all orange/pink/teal Concepts collabs, lol. 

If anyone's interested, Gilt has the M997JNB available in a 10, 11 and 12 for $129. Use "30GILT" for extra 30% off:

https://www.gilt.com/brand/new-bala...usa-connoisseur-low-top-sneaker?origin=search

JNB is one of my favorite 997 color ways. I sold my pair off a while ago which I regret. The first run of GR 997s were really great when it comes to materials, shape and execution. Bummed that I slept on so many color ways (at the time they were releasing wayyyyy too many at once). 

Someone cop these if you don't have a pair!

I completely agree. These were my first 997s, still one of my favorites. Great shape, versatile colorway, super comfy!

Is there any reason to not buy the 998 grand tourer on the restock? Trying to justify it, I guess the mature person I buried long ago in me is starting to surface.

These (M1400CSP Age of Explorarion Pack) were in my Marshall's today in Western MA. Not sure if NB is pumping miUSAs only to stores here in New Engkand, but you may want to keep your eyes peeled at your local store.

Needless to say, I grabbed a pair. Can't beat $50.

Last edited:
Could someone help, I found some 1300clj in my closet, but the encap seems softer than my other 1300s. Are they on the way to crumblesville?

Is there any reason to not buy the 998 grand tourer on the restock? Trying to justify it, I guess the mature person I buried long ago in me is starting to surface.
I sold my pair within a couple of weeks after getting them. They had a lot of dents in the toebox and the quality was pretty weak. I wouldn't pay anymore than $100 for them. 

Back
Top Bottom