Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Its your money, man. If you're not happy don't purchase. You don't want to own something that you are unhappy with every time you see them.

I know that, I'm just looking for others experience. I feel a little crazy for expecting a good shoe when they tout made in USA quality bla bla bla. It's like every other NB purchase is a bunk purchase I end up trying to return these days

Half of my Cncpts order came in...I'm happy to have my first pair of 990s but pissed they canceled my black pair for some odd reason. What do I gotta do to get another discount from them for randomly cancelling my shoes??? :angry:

They have a better code on right now.
SP50 for 50% off the stuff under special promotions.

This exactly wtf I mean, I mean wtf new balance selling predistressed shoes now?

IMG_1271.JPG
IMG_1272.JPG

/rant

Nice! Yeah I need stability shoes for running so I almost went with the Vongo but ended up going with Kayano 23s. I haven't run in them yet but hopefully they work out. I am also debating getting some Zantes when they hit clearance since I work on my feet a lot. I work in the film industry so I'm always walking to and from set/moving gear around. Will the Zantes be a good choice for someone on their feet all day?

I can't speak to your particular situation. What I can say though is that as comfy as NB's retro stuff is their fresh foam shoes are far more comfortable. Zantes can be found everywhere for cheap. I got my current pair from Slam Jam for $30 shipped a few months ago. It doesn't hurt to hunt for some deals on the zante v2 and buy a pair for cheap and try them!

Maybe I'm being too picky but I returned these last week and concepts hopefully has another pair for me. I hope it's ok

Do you guys get stuff like this and keep them?

For me, personally, I only get pissed when the shoes are unwearable (i.e. lace holes not punched through). I used to be nitpicky but most cosmetic flaws are not noticeable enough to me to not want to keep the shoes. If anything I usually parlay it into a discount that the retailer is usually happy to give me.

That's just me, though. Curious to see what others think.

Just ordered a sz 11 in the new women's 574 sport. Wonder why it's $10 more than the men's version. Anyway can't wait to see how they are in hand and on feet!

I know that, I'm just looking for others experience. I feel a little crazy for expecting a good shoe when they tout made in USA quality bla bla bla. It's like every other NB purchase is a bunk purchase I end up trying to return these days

Just return them. Or don't. It shouldn't matter what the next man does. It's your hard-earned money.

Personally, I return them for the tiniest cosmetic flaws. Or I buy multiples and keep the ones I am satisfied with. Thankfully, my tastes are simple and I don't really go for anything exclusive. But even for the 997s I posted for $35 from Burlington or the 996s for $40 for Marshall's, you can be damn sure that I inspected the shoe closely and made sure they didn't write on the bottom with a marker, didn't poke any holes with the tags, and there were no cosmetic flaws or excessive glue. But that's just me. I wanna be picky because it's my hard-earned money and it helps me at least a little to not overspend or overbuy things I do not need or will be unhappy with.

On the real, minor cosmetic flaws and even missed hole punches doesn't faze me if at mad discount. My 990 from concepts arrived today with sole discolorations. Still look dope.

Last edited:
I can't speak to your particular situation. What I can say though is that as comfy as NB's retro stuff is their fresh foam shoes are far more comfortable. Zantes can be found everywhere for cheap. I got my current pair from Slam Jam for $30 shipped a few months ago. It doesn't hurt to hunt for some deals on the zante v2 and buy a pair for cheap and try them!

Wow $30 is a major steal. Thanks and repped Moshe.

Could be better, but after looking at the Stance 247 on Hanons website those are grails by comparison

Man I can't tell if you're trolling or if you're serious anymore but I'm not gonna stop posting about my issues with NB as long as they keep giving me **** to complain about. Maybe if they made a good shoe for the price I wouldn't have issues, but they don't. So I do.

50% off doesn't mean **** if they're selling them as new I expect a grade A product, not some flawed/dirty *** pair unless it's sold as is.

Saw those yesterday on the site, there's also these women's 991 that are simple but effective up on SNS and a few other sites

Man I can't tell if you're trolling or if you're serious anymore but I'm not gonna stop posting about my issues with NB as long as they keep giving me **** to complain about. Maybe if they made a good shoe for the price I wouldn't have issues, but they don't. So I do.

50% off doesn't mean **** if they're selling them as new I expect a grade A product, not some flawed/dirty *** pair unless it's sold as is.

Don't mind him. He's the resident grump/know-it-all that goes out of his way to push buttons. He belongs in an Air Max thread.

Back
Top Bottom