Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

IMG_1308.JPG

My pair of RF X DSM 574s came in from Stock X with what I feel is a pretty large smudge on the sole. Emailed them about it saying that I am not happy and they gave my this whole spiel about how they don't hold themselves to higher standards then a retail store, and how they allow untied, tried on shoes with slightly damaged boxes, the same as would happen at a retail store. Their resolution was that if I was unhappy I could "resell them on StockX." I understand to a certain extent, people can't expect 100% flawless shoes. But on the other hand, I'm paying resell prices not retail prices. Plus, at a retail store you can return them for all your money back if you so desire.

Here's a pic of the issue, let me know if I'm being stupid or this is not acceptable.

bzN41qG.jpg

That's simply not acceptable. As you said, if you got those from a retail store you would return them, or not even purchase them.

umpahimself umpahimself

Do they not show pictures of the shoe on StockS? Genuinely curious. I would be unhappy receiving that pair and there were marks on them. That's something that should be made clear before you purchase them. If nothing was mentioned about them then I would say that is some b.s. not letting people be aware of marks. Does it come off?

Personally, I just don't care about minor blemishes like that. Can't you just clean the smudge off? It just looks like a little bit of dirt that should come off relatively easily. You're probably going to get them dirtier than that the first time you wear them.

It does suck that StockX seemed to not care about it, but is it really worth it to get all up in arms over a smudge that can be easily cleaned?

Obviously this is just my opinion and others probably feel differently, but I don't think it's that big of a deal. But if you're unhappy, send them more e-mails and start posting about it on social media.

Last edited:
umpahimself umpahimself

Do they not show pictures of the shoe on StockS? Genuinely curious. I would be unhappy receiving that pair and there were marks on them. That's something that should be made clear before you purchase them. If nothing was mentioned about them then I would say that is some b.s. not letting people be aware of marks. Does it come off?
They don't. Neither does GOAT, although GOAT does make you upload pics for their internal team to review before hand

Personally, I just don't care about minor blemishes like that. Can't you just clean the smudge off? It just looks like a little bit of dirt that should come off relatively easily. You're probably going to get them dirtier than that the first time you wear them.

It does suck that StockX seemed to not care about it, but is it really worth it to get all up in arms over a smudge that can be easily cleaned?

Obviously this is just my opinion and others probably feel differently, but I don't think it's that big of a deal. But if you're unhappy, send them more e-mails and start posting about it on social media.
Yeah I mean it's not the end of the world. I have not tried to clean them yet because I didn't want to have them say "yes, return them" and they get clean shoes back. If I end up keeping them I will try. There are a few other similar but much smaller smudges on them too and just by rubbing my finger they don't seem to change to not sure if it was some coloring from the suede or another shoe that wore off.

They don't. Neither does GOAT, although GOAT does make you upload pics for their internal team to review before hand

Yeah I mean it's not the end of the world. I have not tried to clean them yet because I didn't want to have them say "yes, return them" and they get clean shoes back. If I end up keeping them I will try. There are a few other similar but much smaller smudges on them too and just by rubbing my finger they don't seem to change to not sure if it was some coloring from the suede or another shoe that wore off.
Did you get a good price on them?

My pair of RF X DSM 574s came in from Stock X with what I feel is a pretty large smudge on the sole. Emailed them about it saying that I am not happy and they gave my this whole spiel about how they don't hold themselves to higher standards then a retail store, and how they allow untied, tried on shoes with slightly damaged boxes, the same as would happen at a retail store. Their resolution was that if I was unhappy I could "resell them on StockX." I understand to a certain extent, people can't expect 100% flawless shoes. But on the other hand, I'm paying resell prices not retail prices. Plus, at a retail store you can return them for all your money back if you so desire.

Here's a pic of the issue, let me know if I'm being stupid or this is not acceptable.

Feel your pain. Try baby wipes. Should fix the issue. Don't touch that nubuck tho.

So 19 days after the mad Concepts sale my order arrived. Both shoes I ordered, the 585DR & 990KBM2 are there. 210usd shipped for these two I can't complain much, but still some questions for you guys......
1) I went 0.5 size down for the 585DR as I have tried my normal US9 for other MiUS 585 and it felt big. On feet this 585DR feels tight. Do you guys think the leather things will loosen up a bit after some wear?
2) I copped the 990KBM2 as a double-up and this is the first time I do it in my small collection. I just love that jp color and 990v2 model too much. Although this pair from Concepts have obviously been tried out judging from the bottom and there is some light scratch on the suede in the heel area. At this price I will keep it. Question is, how do you guys store your double-up to keep the foam in its best possible shape to avoid cracking the foam when they are worn later?

So 19 days after the mad Concepts sale my order arrived. Both shoes I ordered, the 585DR & 990KBM2 are there. 210usd shipped for these two I can't complain much, but still some questions for you guys......
1) I went 0.5 size down for the 585DR as I have tried my normal US9 for other MiUS 585 and it felt big. On feet this 585DR feels tight. Do you guys think the leather things will loosen up a bit after some wear?
2) I copped the 990KBM2 as a double-up and this is the first time I do it in my small collection. I just love that jp color and 990v2 model too much. Although this pair from Concepts have obviously been tried out judging from the bottom and there is some light scratch on the suede in the heel area. At this price I will keep it. Question is, how do you guys store your double-up to keep the foam in its best possible shape to avoid cracking the foam when they are worn later?

1. If the length is fine, then i'm sure the width will feel better after a few wears. If it's too short then I wouldn't bother breaking them in.

2. I stay in hot and humid Singapore and i've heard many theories on how to store your shoes, but the best way i feel is to take them out of the box regularly to air them out to prevent mold from growing. Put them on feet and walk around indoors or something. If you leave it alone for too long the foam and glue will stiffen and crack. Also, keep them in a cool dry place. Heat does horrible things to the glue. lol

3. Also just received my 990BTA2 from the concepts sale and it is gorgeous. One of the best pairs i've copped this year.

1. If the length is fine, then i'm sure the width will feel better after a few wears. If it's too short then I wouldn't bother breaking them in.

2. I stay in hot and humid Singapore and i've heard many theories on how to store your shoes, but the best way i feel is to take them out of the box regularly to air them out to prevent mold from growing. Put them on feet and walk around indoors or something. If you leave it alone for too long the foam and glue will stiffen and crack. Also, keep them in a cool dry place. Heat does horrible things to the glue. lol

3. Also just received my 990BTA2 from the concepts sale and it is gorgeous. One of the best pairs i've copped this year.

For the 585DR the length is fine it is just the problem of width. I will try to wear it as much as possible indoor till I find it comfortable enough for some outdoors. Really like the outdoor vibe of this Danner collab.

Your advice on storage is very useful and relevant to me! I live in Hong Kong so we are also hot and wet.....not Singapore hot and wet but still. This double-up (and a few other DS) is sitting in my office, which is perfect for me to wear from time to time to help the glue and foam becoming stiff.

The 990BTA2 is beautiful. If I don't own the 1400BR i will be all over it.......

Can someone pls tell me what's the difference between XMR993GL (stability running) and MR993GL in terms of the appearance and fit? Thx!

Edit: it's okay i found the answer.

Last edited:
Posting just to wax lyrical about the upcoming M1500FA, think it'll be one of the highlights from NB this year and personally cannot wait.

Leading on from that, what do people think about the likelihood of 1500 collaborations in the not too distant future? Seeing as the shape is now back on form, I'd love to see some new collabs. Makes me wonder what the M1500FPK would've looked like less the bulbous toe.

Back
Top Bottom