Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

These delivered today. Swapped out the stock black laces for the red ones from the Grand Tourer. Solid dad shoe.

990CDB2.JPG

officially on the v2 train. keeping my eyes peeled for these to hit that disco party.

Since I started viewing this thread, I've become obsessed with checking discount stores for miUSA treats. Marshalls had these 1400CSP for $40 size 7 only though.

Attachments

• IMG_1798.JPG
    IMG_1798.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
The 35th anniversary pack seemed to be getting somewhat lukewarm reception. (guess some on the fence, awaiting the potential discount stamp.)

Just speculating..but if everyone agrees to NOT kop, then there will be FSR of these long enough to hit discount eventually...then EVERYBODY benefits, right?

Wow, those are fire. Great job on those, dying the ankle mesh piece really ties it together. Looks like a killer shape on those too. Did you do a reshape?
Thanks man! Yeah I've reshaped all my NB1s. Mesh toe box helps too though.

The 35th anniversary pack seemed to be getting somewhat lukewarm reception. (guess some on the fence, awaiting the potential discount stamp.)

Just speculating..but if everyone agrees to NOT kop, then there will be FSR of these long enough to hit discount eventually...then EVERYBODY benefits, right?

I don't think that the fact that these haven't sold out everywhere is indicative of a lukewarm reception at all. It seems that most NB collectors were/are really excited about this collection. The fact is that a ton of heads in here copped at least one pair at retail (and many of us rarely do this with GR's)- most of us sit around waiting for that discount. Not everything has to be impossible to cop and have insane Yeezy-level fandom for it be to received well. NB has always kinda been anti-hypebeast anyway.

I do think these will hit discount and with luck and hard work you should be able to find your size for cheap but I don't see these sitting around for as long as people seem to think. We gotta remember that 4 pairs is a lot of shoes to cop at once and most of us only copped one. Eventually the same people who picked up the 1500s will also be looking to add one or two others to their collection when the time's right.

I don't think that the fact that these haven't sold out everywhere is indicative of a lukewarm reception at all. It seems that most NB collectors were/are really excited about this collection. The fact is that a ton of heads in here copped at least one pair at retail (and many of us rarely do this with GR's)- most of us sit around waiting for that discount. Not everything has to be impossible to cop and have insane Yeezy-level fandom for it be to received well. NB has always kinda been anti-hypebeast anyway.

I do think these will hit discount and with luck and hard work you should be able to find your size for cheap but I don't see these sitting around for as long as people seem to think. We gotta remember that 4 pairs is a lot of shoes to cop at once and most of us only copped one. Eventually the same people who picked up the 1500s will also be looking to add one or two others to their collection when the time's right.
Good points here. I'm glad I grabbed them right away. Now I don't have to search around looking for a discount every day and I'll get some time to wear them in the summer. Plus, I have my Citi credit card watching them for a discount, so if they do hit discount within 60 days, I'll get the lower price anyways.

Sizing question: I know I'm in the minority (or maybe the only one), but I go TTS in 997s and half down in 998s due to the difference in toe shape. What do you recommend I do for 1500s?

Repped for posting. Those 990DRK2s are clean.....

On a side, the 990v2 was there like a dark blue, and a dark green color different than the DRKs? I thought I remember seeing that on links posted in here before. Maybe I'm confused.....
there's the dark blue one and theres the olive green one with camo toebox

there's the dark blue one and theres the olive green one with camo toebox

Ok. Thanks. It must've just been different angles and lighting from different sites. How is the sizing for the v2? I was just thinking a regular 11. I thought I remembered when the "Tyrians" came out people went half down in them.

Back
Top Bottom