Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

yeah I'm on board.

Do we know when these will show up at Villa/DTLR online?

I just looked online and I think it says 9 am in my time zone, central. I don't know where the rest of you fellas (or ladies) live.

I haven't seen a retail amount anywhere. In guessing $165-ish

Day 85. New Balance 998 x Premier "PRMR"

IMG_20180525_065201_326.jpg

#100DaysOfNewBalance998​

there's supposed to be a pop up for those 990s in philly today. may try to swing by if I can get off work early enough. I know they did pop ups in DC and Bmore the past couple of days and it looked like a pretty cool event.

will the villa v4 see a wider release?

I don't think an 11.5 was available to begin with, though I could be wrong. 11.5 is a rarer size and they usually reserve it for in-store. I'm willing to bet whatever leftover stock they've got in store will end up eventually back online so maybe keep an eye out?

Also, I'm certain that these won't see a wider release anytime soon. NB store in Philly has the DTLR DMV collab in store currently but it was a while before they ended up there and that's the only shop as far as I know that has 'em.

I don't think an 11.5 was available to begin with, though I could be wrong. 11.5 is a rarer size and they usually reserve it for in-store. I'm willing to bet whatever leftover stock they've got in store will end up eventually back online so maybe keep an eye out?

Also, I'm certain that these won't see a wider release anytime soon. NB store in Philly has the DTLR DMV collab in store currently but it was a while before they ended up there and that's the only shop as far as I know that has 'em.
Ty for the info. Makes sense about the 11.5. On to the next one......

I've noticed some comments in this thread about NB's quality control. Or lack thereof. I thought I'd just been lucky, since I never picked up on any significant flaws in the pairs I own. But I was just looking at my pair of M574BOX, specifically the embroidery on the back. It's sloppy as hell; it kind of looks like a child got hold of the embroidery machine. The 'e' in "new", the 'S' in "USA". I can't believe I never noticed it before. Now I cannot unsee

New Balance bad embroidery.jpg

I've noticed some comments in this thread about NB's quality control. Or lack thereof. I thought I'd just been lucky, since I never picked up on any significant flaws in the pairs I own. But I was just looking at my pair of M574BOX, specifically the embroidery on the back. It's sloppy as hell; it kind of looks like a child got hold of the embroidery machine. The 'e' in "new", the 'S' in "USA". I can't believe I never noticed it before. Now I cannot unsee

New Balance bad embroidery.jpg

That's probably why they ended up at Marshall's. I'm fairly certain that all of these Marhsall's finds were the equivalent of factory seconds that they decided to sell to Marshall's to offload inventory. It's why we never actually saw them at other retailers.

I personally wouldn't worry about the embroidery... no one's looking at the embroidery on your shoes and when you're wearing them you won't see them either. They're still a nice and clean pair.

That's probably why they ended up at Marshall's. I'm fairly certain that all of these Marhsall's finds were the equivalent of factory seconds that they decided to sell to Marshall's to offload inventory. It's why we never actually saw them at other retailers.

I personally wouldn't worry about the embroidery... no one's looking at the embroidery on your shoes and when you're wearing them you won't see them either. They're still a nice and clean pair.

Yeah, that's a good point. Marshall's does end up with a lot of factory seconds, though they're usually marked as such.

And I'm not that concerned about the embroidery. I'll still wear them (as I am right now). I think from now on, when I'm shopping NB, I'll just have to take a closer look at the details.

copped! thanks!

Back
Top Bottom