Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

2D2B7008-199E-4576-800F-7487762188B5.jpeg
The one colorway I didn’t want. These are going back, assuming I can return them. Lesson learned ...

Milkcrate 2.jpg
Yard Pack 2.jpg
So happy I got the SNS x Milkcrate inspired 1530s. Was hoping for the Kakkerlak 1500s but can't win em all. Love the 1500s still but reminds me of the Yard Pack that I already have so would've been my last choice. Just means I'll probably treat them as sunny day summer beaters. Good luck to anyone who hasn't received theirs yet! Might see if I can trade the 1500s for Kakkerlaks before putting on feet.

I guess, when it comes right down to it, it just shows what a horrible idea this marketing ploy is. I just spent 200 bucks for something I'll literally never wear, and I had zero control over it.

Blech

Exactly why I passed. I’m not shelling out $200+ to a shop across the pond (expensive return if even an option on this release) to MAYBE get the pair I wanted. It just doesn’t make sense. Not hating on those that did and are now disappointed.

Instead of the blind bag concept which sold out bc it relied on people being hopeful and not fully knowing what they were purchasing, NB should have just made the kakkerlak pair a GR. Probably would have made the same amount of money if not more and everyone would have been happy. Seems like no one cares nearly as much about the other pairs.

They could’ve definitely made more money on these had they released more than 200 pairs and the consumer actually picked the colorway. The whole concept was silly and people would not be stuck with pairs they don’t want and a bad taste in their mouth had they let you choose your colorway.

For how much everyone was complaining about NB doing exclusives this is the most activity I have seen during a release since I have been (in my short time here) on this board.

People aren’t necessarily complaining about the exclusivity of the release. It’s the gimmicky mystery that’s frustrating. This is one of the most helpful/peaceful/positive threads on NT but NB is making some dodgey choices that are atypical of the brand.

One of the busiest times in this thread was the NB1 998 launch a few years back. Pages were flying and it was 99% positive for a non-limited release......that the consumer chose.

I guess, when it comes right down to it, it just shows what a horrible idea this marketing ploy is. I just spent 200 bucks for something I'll literally never wear, and I had zero control over it.

Blech
If it was really a horrible marketing idea you wouldn’t have spent $200, just saying.
I agree that the concept of this release was trash overall

Instead of the blind bag concept which sold out bc it relied on people being hopeful and not fully knowing what they were purchasing, NB should have just made the kakkerlak pair a GR. Probably would have made the same amount of money if not more and everyone would have been happy. Seems like no one cares nearly as much about the other pairs.

Despite me agreeing with you, re: that they should have just made it a gr - there’s just no way to tell. We’ve seen the pattern that ends up following often enough though - People would just be waiting for a gr to go on sale, myself included.

Agreed that if these were a GR there wouldn’t be much fanfare. Couple in here would grab at retail and rest would be waiting for a Labor Day sale.

I think the marketing ploy used on this drop was ridiculous but no one can blame NB for the impulsive financial indiscretions in here. 33% chance to hit on any of those color ways knowing full well where the gamble is.

Wild that no one is getting the pairs they wanted.

Hopefully you guys hook other NB heads up if they want them.

-Drew

Back
Top Bottom