Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

229FDF81-6C00-457F-82F4-2B0027D8EB88.jpeg

Kith has had some pieces I’ve loved over the years and I appreciate how they have elevated “streetwear”. However I don’t think Kith can be compared to names like Ralph Lauren because Ronnie is more obsessed with the brand than the customer. If your primary strategy is being limited and seeding gear to your inner circle then you are just subject to the whims of whatever’s trendy at the time. It doesn’t matter what you’re selling, the brands that have stood the test of time are the brands that put their customer’s first.

I can't see many people wearing KITH 10, 15, 20 years down the line. You can bet people will be rocking Polo and Tommy well into the future though.

Don't forget...Ronnie been dropping some cereal too, maybe they'll compare him to Cap N' Crunch or Count Chocula next :pimp::pimp::pimp:

interesting points brought up in here regarding kith.

outside of a couple of kicks, i don't own any kith items because of the price point, tbh. $60 for a 3-pack of plain undershirts, $75+ for l/s tees, and ~$200+ for hoodies? even though i have a decent job and can afford to splurge, it's not worth it to me. that sort of tarnishes the brand's "streetwear" credibility for me, since i've always known streetwear to come at more accessible price point...or at least some of the more popular brands (think stussy, the hundreds, staple in the mid to late 00's/early 2010's). ronnie's been able to elevate kith because unlike past brands, he's really focused on marketing and getting other brands on board to collab -- he seems to be savvier than many that came before him in the streetwear industry. the downside to that is that he'll also pull some bs on customers (e.g. fake sell-outs, inventing blue, etc).

despite all that, i can't front on ronnie's NB collabs. off the top of my head, i'd say that at least 80% (conservatively) of them have been top-notch collabs. that's more than respectable, especially considering how long he's been doing this.

I like the white pair and hope that I can somehow grab them on discount... I couldn’t pull off the yellow but much respect to those who can! Up there store still has a couple pairs left, they come out to about $265 shipped (prices are in AUD) if you’re really stuck:

Back
Top Bottom