Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Cortados today
B29A4CFE-4438-47F6-A41C-41F7119E800D.jpeg

I'm copying and pasting my post from the SB thread because I've seen similar kinds of complaining about NB popularity and SB popularity.

Y'all ever notice that it's not just NBs but everything is popular and sells out now? Except maybe ultraboost :lol: but every brand and product line is thriving. Nike SB, Yeezy (might seem played out but every drop still sells out), Jordan Brand, Nike (look at AF1s and air maxes), ASICS; even Saucony x Bodega sold out quick. Traditional dad-core sneakers like Salomon and Hoka are getting stocked at streetwear boutiques. A plethora of collabs and IG marketing/influencing have made this sneaker **** mainstream. It's no niche interest anymore, everyone knows what a sneakerhead is, everyone knows someone who collects sneakers. The fact that everyone finally realized they could profit off it also contributed; who would say no to hundreds of dollars for some stupid sneakers? I don't. Easy for most of us to be blind to how popular it's become since we've been in it for so many years but face the fact - being into sneakers is normalized now.

I don’t mind that it’s “normalized” now but I can’t stand the artificial hype and unnecessary scarcity. The current OG build Dunks are a perfect example.
I no longer have the time or desire to put in a decent amount of effort to obtain a pair I want. Kids and a career will do that.
I’ll give it a shot, strike out and move on. 90% of my purchases these days are GR’s and those are even becoming a nightmare to grab depending on the silhouette.
/old grump rant

Last edited:
Picked these up on a whim. I still like to wear skate shoes when i'm just doing stuff around the house or riding my onewheel.

NB Numeric 913.

I was about to ask about your unicycle, but figured I should google this word first. Didn't know such a thing existed. Learn something new every day

I'm copying and pasting my post from the SB thread because I've seen similar kinds of complaining about NB popularity and SB popularity.

Y'all ever notice that it's not just NBs but everything is popular and sells out now? Except maybe ultraboost :lol: but every brand and product line is thriving. Nike SB, Yeezy (might seem played out but every drop still sells out), Jordan Brand, Nike (look at AF1s and air maxes), ASICS; even Saucony x Bodega sold out quick. Traditional dad-core sneakers like Salomon and Hoka are getting stocked at streetwear boutiques. A plethora of collabs and IG marketing/influencing have made this sneaker **** mainstream. It's no niche interest anymore, everyone knows what a sneakerhead is, everyone knows someone who collects sneakers. The fact that everyone finally realized they could profit off it also contributed; who would say no to hundreds of dollars for some stupid sneakers? I don't. Easy for most of us to be blind to how popular it's become since we've been in it for so many years but face the fact - being into sneakers is normalized now.

It’s the impact of re-commerce playing out and maturing with sneakers since you now have several platforms to exchange the product in scale. This wasn’t the case just a few years ago. Similar in many ways to Craig’s list on local classifieds. Investors started pouring money into this space once assessments were done on how profitable reselling sneakers was. I’d need to locate some old articles but one I read years ago stated the second most profitable sneaker company to Nike if it was an actual company was reselling sneakers. I don’t think people really understand how large Nike is, nor how much wealth it’s created for its shareholders.

Re-commerce has aggregated and is selling culture. It’s become an asset, which is strange but makes sense at the same time. You almost need to think of sneakers like coins, or baseball cards, but they’re better because people wear them vs. put them in a case. There is also a lot of money out there to chase assets you can resell.

Re-commerce loves the sneakerhead, so do theses brands that now get to push halo products, collab, limited editions, etc. and use resell to gauge how much people will pay. They want more “sneakerheads” so they can keep pushing the prices further up and generate more profit. Stockx, Goat, retailers like Footlocker (who I believe invested in Goat), brands Like NB, Nike, Adi, etc.....they all need each other. And it’s not just sneakers. Sneakers pull in their other products, shirts, hats, etc.

It’s a business man, get used to it until something happens and it crashes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom