Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

6D1028DE-A66C-44A9-936A-82CDB8B02A69.jpeg

TIE DYE SHIRT UPDATE:

About 2 days ago I got the shipping emails for all shirts but the status is still “shipment ready for UPS”. Hopefully UPS will pick them up tonight? Good ol’ covid shipping. Company also shipped everything UPS smartpost which I despise.

I’ll continue to update.

Last edited:
Pardon my ignorance. Baggies are essentially 5" shorts, correct? Any special features that would set them apart from your typical running shorts?

Pardon my ignorance. Baggies are essentially 5" shorts, correct? Any special features that would set them apart from your typical running shorts?
None, and I wouldn’t consider baggies running shorts as they’re cut wider and made of nylon. When I think running shorts I think tighter poly / poly blend but that’s just me. They’re a regular pair of nylon shorts with deep pockets and a wider leg. I like them/ own a few but they’re nothing special.

i think the biggest differentiator is this thread. :rofl:

Honestly I don’t feel a difference between the Patagonia Baggies and TNF Class V’s, and I just bought a bunch of the TNF’s for half the price of baggies. Patagonia got the ill patterns though.

None, and I wouldn’t consider baggies running shorts as they’re cut wider and made of nylon. When I think running shorts I think tighter poly / poly blend but that’s just me. They’re a regular pair of nylon shorts with deep pockets and a wider leg. I like them/ own a few but they’re nothing special.
Totally agree with this. They are definitely not running shorts. I’m a runner and ordered my normal size(medium) and thought they were too baggy for my liking. I’m going to try the next size down since I want a slimmer fit, but I’d imagine they are supposed to fit somewhat loose hence the name “baggies.”

Baggies being nothing special is what makes them special.

That’s what I tell myself at least. Since summer started, I have practically wore a pair every single day. My leg tan lines are ridiculous (looking like them tri color popsicles) and I have pretty much given up on life because of covid :nthat:

Baggies are nylon. Most running shorts are polyester. Baggies are kind of the first water shorts (Really all purpose outdoor shorts) that people own and last forever, like decades. Patagonia has been known to replace torn baggies for customers. They’re light weight, fast drying, don’t crinkle, and are tough. Some features that are good are the front pockets are sewn to the liner where most others aren’t and hang, so stuff in your pockets bounces around in other brands. The waist is lined for comfort. Back pocket has a snap closure. I personally wear 7” and not 5”, but for outdoor activities 5” is the way to go IMO. Only thing I don’t like is the pocket openings are narrow, but that’s a pro for many, as stuff doesn’t fall out.

Other cheaper alternatives are TNF class V and Columbia PFG backcast water shorts. You can find baggies on sale for between $35-40 which I think are a good deal.

Back
Top Bottom