Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Oh bro, I was extremely grateful to have obtained a pair.

The hunt for my size actually made me appreciate the shoes and the kindness of the Japanese even more.
The United Arrows store that I went to in Shinjuku said they had sold out and one employee actually called around Tokyo to locate me a size 12.

Once he found a pair, the dude actually took the time to request my pair be held, and brought me and my girlfriend at the time to a completely different United Arrows store which was located in a different mall in Tokyo. The guy held it down and really made sure that I got my pair lol.

My girl and I offered to grab some food or even just coffee with us, and he just respectfully declined and went on his way home (it was the end of his shift).

I made it a point to always wear my UA v4s only when I'm in Japan. I love these shoes, bro. :emoji_rose:

-Drew

100% nicest service anywhere in the world. Like you said, they go completely out of their way to help and always do it with a smile. I had a similar story where we were looking for a shop...Asked some dude who was outside a small restaurant. He literally closed his shop up to walk us to the other place even when we told him we'd be alright and to not go out of his way for us. Even the Mcdonalds employees are super cheerful and nice, I love it haha.

Today with the flash: 990v5 Fastlanes...heavily slept on

9194EA8C-020F-4821-B5BB-419CCDC85802.jpeg

If you could rock only one pair of new balances for the rest of your life, what would it be? Specific model and color!

Would have to say grey 993s

The prior scenario got me thinking.

Let's say NB was running a sweepstakes/contest and you won. The winner could have any past model remade, a GR or collab no matter how long ago it came out. What would you choose?

I would probably choose CNotes.

Easy call, I’m going with the Crooked Tongues 991 “Black Tom” But a close 2nd would be Hanon 670 “Tornado”

V5’s in general don’t get enough love. Oh well, I think they’re a worthy successor to the 990 line personally. They still look great, use great materials, and so far seem (to me at least) as comfortable or maybe even more so than their predecessors. The Fastlane colorway is great for sure. I don’t even want to mention my personal favorite V5 collab that I still need here because they’re getting so scarce (will after I buy them, lol) but those are close behind, and the ALD as well.

If you could rock only one pair of new balances for the rest of your life, what would it be? Specific model and color!
The original 2010 forest green New Balance x Jcrew 1400s (can’t find the letter code). They were the first pair of new balance I’d bought for myself and I wore them into the ground. So comfortable and went with everything. Wish I’d grabbed a pair in navy...

Tangentially NB related, but does this seem like a particularly crazy weekend (Friday-Saturday) for shoe drops or is it just me? There’s the Grateful Dead’s, Jayden NBs, Yeezys, Off White Jordan’s, Stüssy x Nike, at least three 327s and a whole bunch more with many of them dropping at the exact same time on Friday morning.

Tangentially NB related, but does this seem like a particularly crazy weekend (Friday-Saturday) for shoe drops or is it just me? There’s the Grateful Dead’s, Jayden NBs, Yeezys, Off White Jordan’s, Stüssy x Nike, at least three 327s and a whole bunch more with many of them dropping at the exact same time on Friday morning.
I can smell my L coming.

^^^Stussy v4s. Beautiful shoe that can set any fit.

That was one I was thinking also. They look great with practically anything. I picked my hypothetical jp1300’s (which shipped to GOAT! Now just need them to be legit.) but the other shoes I was considering were 990 V3 greys, and V4 Stüssy and Nimbus Cloud.

Back
Top Bottom